List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

The Young and the Restless - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: The Young and the Restless Forum :: happy thankgiving y&r fans

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

happy thankgiving y&r fans

Started by romeojuliet at 2007/11/20 07:29PM
    Latest post: 2007/11/22 02:31PM, Views: 1547, Replies: 66
    « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 » »| page:
    #41   2007/11/21 12:26PM
    Re: happy thankgiving y&r fans
    Rquattro

Quote Evsmom:
    Quote Rquattro:
    Quote Smudge: Im an American living in Canada now for 6 years. Thanksgiving is only a one day holiday, some people get the Friday off after Thanksgiving and some dont, so its only a one day holiday. Christmas is the biggest holiday for Americans. We dont think about getting into the Christmas spirit until after Thanksgiving. In Canada its totally different most people already have their decorations up right now which is strange to me. Canadians celebrate Thanksgiving in October...Can anyone answer that for me? I celebrate both Thanksgivings...

lol, "We dont think about getting into the Christmas spirit until after Thanksgiving. In Canada its totally different most people already have their decorations up right now which is strange to me".

I am Canadian born and raised (except for the Italian part), and I don't get people who put their decorations up so early either

Just go back and edit your post. Select just the part you want to be bold and then click on the "bold button".

Thanks. I made a real mess with that one.

#42   2007/11/21 12:27PM
    Evsmom

Quote granny45:
    Quote Wickyz:
    Quote Sunnyflower: Happy American Thanksgiving!

Just a question - why is it a two day affair in the US? It seems like it is a bigger deal than Christmas, yet there are loads and loads of movies about the Christmas spirit and all that but hardly any about Thanksgiving in comparasion?

I really don't understand.

Because our American Thanksgiving is also a celebration of the start of the christmas season...On Friday we have the official start of Christmas..Known as black Friday...that is when most people start shopping..most stores are on the christmas push and have AWESOME sales...in my opinion..I would rather pay full price and avoid the crowds...I stay home and eat leftover turkey...NO HEADACHES!!

I agree with you 1000%!!!! I can't imagine anything being valuable enough to make me go shopping that day!!! NO WAY!!!!!!

I avoid the whole mess and do all my shopping online! I don't even have to get out my slippers!

#43   2007/11/21 12:29PM
    Evsmom

Quote Rquattro:
    Quote Evsmom:
    Quote Rquattro:
    Quote Smudge: Im an American living in Canada now for 6 years. Thanksgiving is only a one day holiday, some people get the Friday off after Thanksgiving and some dont, so its only a one day holiday. Christmas is the biggest holiday for Americans. We dont think about getting into the Christmas spirit until after Thanksgiving. In Canada its totally different most people already have their decorations up right now which is strange to me. Canadians celebrate Thanksgiving in October...Can anyone answer that for me? I celebrate both Thanksgivings...

lol, "We dont think about getting into the Christmas spirit until after Thanksgiving. In Canada its totally different most people already have their decorations up right now which is strange to me".

I am Canadian born and raised (except for the Italian part), and I don't get people who put their decorations up so early either

Just go back and edit your post. Select just the part you want to be bold and then click on the "bold button".

Thanks. I made a real mess with that one.

I'm not sure what's going on with this! I didn't mean for my reply to be in bold but I can't make it go away!

#44   2007/11/21 12:40PM
    granny45

Quote Evsmom:
    Quote granny45:
    Quote Wickyz:

Just a question - why is it a two day affair in the US? It seems like it is a bigger deal than Christmas, yet there are loads and loads of movies about the Christmas spirit and all that but hardly any about Thanksgiving in comparasion?

Because our American Thanksgiving is also a celebration of the start of the christmas season...On Friday we have the official start of Christmas..Known as black Friday...that is when most people start shopping..most stores are on the christmas push and have AWESOME sales...in my opinion..I would rather pay full price and avoid the crowds...I stay home and eat leftover turkey...NO HEADACHES!!

I agree with you 1000%!!!! I can't imagine anything being valuable enough to make me go shopping that day!!! NO WAY!!!!!!

I avoid the whole mess and do all my shopping online! I don't even have to get out my slippers!

That's the best idea I have heard all day!!

#45   2007/11/21 12:46PM
    Evsmom

I just open the door for the UPS guy and it's a wrap!!! Even with paying shipping it's probably cheaper than driving all over the place with gas as expensive as it is! Safer too! No car wrecks, no purse snatchers, no snow and slush to trudge through, no crazed shoppers grabbing bargains out of your hands! It's a good thing!!!

#46   2007/11/21 12:48PM
    aden85

hmmmm I'm jotting down ideas as yall say em!

#47   2007/11/21 01:03PM
    xx_Jenn_xx

Quote Evsmom: I just open the door for the UPS guy and it's a wrap!!! Even with paying shipping it's probably cheaper than driving all over the place with gas as expensive as it is! Safer too! No car wrecks, no purse snatchers, no snow and slush to trudge through, no crazed shoppers grabbing bargains out of your hands! It's a good thing!!!

im glad u brought this up Ev! Let me ask u a question...u feel comfortable shopping online, using credit/debit cards...or do u have an account with these stores? Reason i ask is becuz i was thinking of doing the same thing this year. my time is limited between working & my kidz (plus they are alwayz with me n i dont want them to see what im getting them LOL)....it would make my life so much easier to order online & have it shipped....i was jus afraid of putting my info. online...cuz of hackers. i see that most of the stores have that symbol...'hacker safe', but im still a lil hesitant. i am sure lotz of people order online every single day....so itz probably not a big deal...but i was jus wondering what u thought on this.

#48   2007/11/21 01:05PM
    Eppy

Quote Evsmom:
    Quote granny45:
    Quote Wickyz:

Same here - online shopping is my preference. Like you say, avoid the mess... no parking, traffic or crowds to contend with and miles and miles of walking. I like to save my energy and sanity for the other holiday activities. Have a happy and blessed Thanksgiving everyone!!

#49   2007/11/21 01:07PM
    BILLBOWSKI

Happy Thanksgiving Everyone!! I hope all of my Y&R friends have a great one!! Hi Jenny!!!!! WHat time am i coming over tomorrrow? 1:00? 2:00?

#50   2007/11/21 01:09PM
    xx_Jenn_xx

Quote BILLBOWSKI: Happy Thanksgiving Everyone!! I hope all of my Y&R friends have a great one!! Hi Jenny!!!!! WHat time am i coming over tomorrrow? 1:00? 2:00?

HI Billy! anytime u want

~Happy Thanksgiving to ALL of U!!! I hope every1 has a relaxing & wonderful holiday!~

« 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list