List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

The Young and the Restless - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: The Young and the Restless Forum :: happy thankgiving y&r fans

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

happy thankgiving y&r fans

Started by romeojuliet at 2007/11/20 07:29PM
    Latest post: 2007/11/22 02:31PM, Views: 1528, Replies: 66
    « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 » »| page:
    #21   2007/11/21 09:46AM
    Re: happy thankgiving y&r fans
    zzyzx

Quote xx_Jenn_xx: Happy Thanksgiving...

I felt bad for her today tho. Canes mean n so is Lilly, she knew Daniel didnt have anywhere to go for Thanksgiving (this was before he found out his mom was released) and Lily didnt even invite him over instead she invites Cane I felt bad for Daniel too. I wish him n Amber would jus get together already!

I agreed right up until the time you wished they would get together. Daniel would be better off romantically with Heather. He is a great friend to Amber

#22   2007/11/21 09:48AM
    ILuvNY

Quote zzyzx:
    Quote xx_Jenn_xx: Happy Thanksgiving...

I felt bad for her today tho. Canes mean n so is Lilly, she knew Daniel didnt have anywhere to go for Thanksgiving (this was before he found out his mom was released) and Lily didnt even invite him over instead she invites Cane I felt bad for Daniel too. I wish him n Amber would jus get together already!

I agreed right up until the time you wished they would get together. Daniel would be better off romantically with Heather. He is a great friend to Amber

I think Daniel is a bit young for Heather...he's about 20 and she has to be at least 30. I also think that they don't have much in common; however, that never stopped tptb from putting characters together!

#23   2007/11/21 09:54AM
    oilersfan11

I'm not sorry for amber i cant stand her. i laughed like heck that cane still ended up with lilly and amber was left alone that what i wanted. if cane would of stayed with amber she would of got him to have sex with her.and i didnt want that and them back together

#24   2007/11/21 09:55AM
    zzyzx

Quote Rquattro:
    Quote Evsmom: At least around our house, Thanksgiving isn't bigger than Christmas. I'm not sure but here's a guess...Folks with kids probably stay home on Christmas so the kids can enjoy it at home. They go "over the river and through the woods" to Grandma's house on Thanksgiving. That way they can have big family time for Thanksgiving and close family time at Christmas.

They're both big at our house. Most of our family is within 100 miles or so and it makes it easy to get together. We see more extended family for Christmas than we do at Thanksgiving.

Hope that helps!

Yup, sure does. Thanks hon.

I'm in Canada, but spent 25 years in the US. Thanksgiving always had more importance than Christmas, especially when I was in Florida and California. It's hard to get into Christmas in 80 degree temperatures.

#25   2007/11/21 09:57AM
    ILuvNY

Quote zzyzx:
    Quote Rquattro:
    Quote Evsmom: At least around our house, Thanksgiving isn't bigger than Christmas. I'm not sure but here's a guess...Folks with kids probably stay home on Christmas so the kids can enjoy it at home. They go "over the river and through the woods" to Grandma's house on Thanksgiving. That way they can have big family time for Thanksgiving and close family time at Christmas.

They're both big at our house. Most of our family is within 100 miles or so and it makes it easy to get together. We see more extended family for Christmas than we do at Thanksgiving.

Hope that helps!

I'm in Canada, but spent 25 years in the US. Thanksgiving always had more importance than Christmas, especially when I was in Florida and California. It's hard to get into Christmas in 80 degree temperatures.

LOL...I often wondered if it made a difference! It seems that as soon as the temperature drops below 50 in the fall, we in the Northeast are gearing up for Christmas! Although, percentage wise, we don't always have a "white Christmas", I guess the cold does add to the feel of the holiday!

#26   2007/11/21 10:00AM
    oilersfan11

why should daneil have been invited to lilly's .he's her ex husband for god sake.would you guys wnat your ex husband to be invited to your family dinner

He's no longer part of the family. so what he had no where to go.that's his tuff luck go keep that witch amber company they deserve each other.they get married then amber can leave cane alone

#27   2007/11/21 10:13AM
    Rquattro

Quote ILuvNY:
    Quote zzyzx:
    Quote Rquattro:

Hope that helps!

LOL...I often wondered if it made a difference! It seems that as soon as the temperature drops below 50 in the fall, we in the Northeast are gearing up for Christmas! Although, percentage wise, we don't always have a "white Christmas", I guess the cold does add to the feel of the holiday!

I got married at Christmas time and honeymooned in Antiqua. I remember driving from the airport to the resort and seeing all these house with Christmas Lights on them. It was so strange to be in the Christmas spirit wearing shorts and sun screen. I loved it.

#28   2007/11/21 10:19AM
    ILuvNY

Quote Rquattro:
    Quote ILuvNY:
    Quote zzyzx:
    Quote Rquattro:

Hope that helps!

I got married at Christmas time and honeymooned in Antiqua. I remember driving from the airport to the resort and seeing all these house with Christmas Lights on them. It was so strange to be in the Christmas spirit wearing shorts and sun screen. I loved it.

Perpection is a funny thing...my family in Bermuda love to come here for Christmas. I can remember, when we were kids, the first time they saw snow they ran out in their bare feet and PJs and jump head first into a snow bank!!!

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2007/11/21 11:03AM
    #29   2007/11/21 10:27AM
    Wickyz

Quote Sunnyflower: Happy American Thanksgiving!

Just a question - why is it a two day affair in the US? It seems like it is a bigger deal than Christmas, yet there are loads and loads of movies about the Christmas spirit and all that but hardly any about Thanksgiving in comparasion?

I really don't understand.

Because our American Thanksgiving is also a celebration of the start of the christmas season...On Friday we have the official start of Christmas..Known as black Friday...that is when most people start shopping..most stores are on the christmas push and have AWESOME sales...in my opinion..I would rather pay full price and avoid the crowds...I stay home and eat leftover turkey...NO HEADACHES!!

#30   2007/11/21 10:54AM
    Sunnyflower

Quote Wickyz:
    Quote Sunnyflower: Happy American Thanksgiving!

Just a question - why is it a two day affair in the US? It seems like it is a bigger deal than Christmas, yet there are loads and loads of movies about the Christmas spirit and all that but hardly any about Thanksgiving in comparasion?

I really don't understand.

Because our American Thanksgiving is also a celebration of the start of the christmas season...On Friday we have the official start of Christmas..Known as black Friday...that is when most people start shopping..most stores are on the christmas push and have AWESOME sales...in my opinion..I would rather pay full price and avoid the crowds...I stay home and eat leftover turkey...NO HEADACHES!!

LOL. I don't blame you!

It sounds like the equivalent to our Boxing Day, which is the day after Christmas. There are sales everywhere and some people start lining up at 4:00 am for deals on electronics and stuff like that.

I really can't stand it either, but my brother is all over that kind of thing.

« 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list