List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

The Young and the Restless - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: The Young and the Restless Forum :: Time to stop Phyllis bashing

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

Time to stop Phyllis bashing

Started by Wickyz at 2007/11/20 12:58PM
    Latest post: 2007/11/23 11:00AM, Views: 2273, Replies: 104
    « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 » »| page:
    #51   2007/11/22 10:16AM
    Re: Time to stop Phyllis bashing
    Sunnyflower

Quote Soulsistah: Yes, I really wish they did consult with legal personnel so the court-room/trial s/ls aren't so lame.

I agree, Phyllis getting 6 years for this white-collar crime was stretching it more than a bit just for the sake of a Phyllis s/l. But I'll take what I can get given she hasn't done a day of jail time for much more serious (and deadly) crimes she's committed in the past, for which if they were being depictedly realistically, she'd have been sentenced to a much longer term than a paltry 6 years. She deserved to be locked up for life!

See that is just it. Phyllis needed her day in court, if you will, for the awful things she did in the past, and so they came up with this, which is completely lame.

The writers are just so lazy, IMO.

#52   2007/11/22 11:23AM
    Soulsistah

Quote Sunnyflower:
    Quote Soulsistah: Yes, I really wish they did consult with legal personnel so the court-room/trial s/ls aren't so lame.

I agree, Phyllis getting 6 years for this white-collar crime was stretching it more than a bit just for the sake of a Phyllis s/l. But I'll take what I can get given she hasn't done a day of jail time for much more serious (and deadly) crimes she's committed in the past, for which if they were being depictedly realistically, she'd have been sentenced to a much longer term than a paltry 6 years. She deserved to be locked up for life!

See that is just it. Phyllis needed her day in court, if you will, for the awful things she did in the past, and so they came up with this, which is completely lame.

The writers are just so lazy, IMO.

ITA. And as KIR said, we do need the criminals free to continue to wreak havoc or the s/ls would be even more boring!

#53   2007/11/22 11:43AM
    Candace

Shelia is evil and twisted. IMO, Phyllis is nothing like that. Seems most of the characters are just one crisis away from going psycho or maiming someone or cheating with someone...That's the great thing about soaps!

#54   2007/11/22 11:45AM
    KeepingItReal

Quote Candace: Shelia is evil and twisted. IMO, Phyllis is nothing like that. Seems most of the characters are just one crisis away from going psycho or maiming someone or cheating with someone...That's the great thing about soaps!

I agree she is not but I do believe she is boarder line......just one more thing and she too will snap.

Sheilla's was the lost of her child and not being able to keep a man.

#55   2007/11/22 11:48AM
    cater2u

Quote Wickyz: Ok ya'll time to stop bashing Phyllis for blackmailing Brad...and making Sharon out to be the victim in it...I just did my Y&R homework and back a few years ago..Sharon did the same thing to Nikki concerning Abbys paternity so I say....what comes around goes around Sharon...and it always comes back to bite ya 10 fold!!!

ohh yes that did happen din't it..wow that's ben awhile back..sharon are phllis are so alike ..i don't know why so many ppl chose to disregard it..and im not pointing directly to any one on this board

#56   2007/11/22 12:09PM
    Wickyz

Quote suegerry: Gee what a thread.....

l. when did Sharon become a murderer and attempt murderer

2. when did she blackmail Nikki

3. when did Phyllis redeemed herself

4. I don't believe she will ever change

5. Lame Nick is not in love with her and she knows that

6. her daughter Summe's is Jack's little girl

7. she conceived this child while she was having
    pitty sex with Jack

8. its just a mather of time before they reunite
    Shick then this show can go back to be what it
    used to be

9. Nick has primative amnesia, the reason why he
    was talking to Vikki about last years Thanksgiving
    I think sometime he forgets he's faking this amnesia

Gee .....how's this for bashing....and having fun

Lets see...did you forget about Cameron? Didnt Sharon believe she killed him and tried to hide the body...hmmmm Sharon sure did Blackmail Nikki...when she overheard Nikki talking about Abbys paternity...Told Nikki if she didnt let her have the gala and behave AT IT..she was going with Victor with the truth about Abbys paternity..maybe she didnt gain monetarily but she did gain something out of it....Maybe SOMEONE needs to go back and review their Y&R history!!!!

#57   2007/11/22 12:14PM
    Wickyz

Quote cater2u:
    Quote Wickyz: Ok ya'll time to stop bashing Phyllis for blackmailing Brad...and making Sharon out to be the victim in it...I just did my Y&R homework and back a few years ago..Sharon did the same thing to Nikki concerning Abbys paternity so I say....what comes around goes around Sharon...and it always comes back to bite ya 10 fold!!!

ohh yes that did happen din't it..wow that's ben awhile back..sharon are phllis are so alike ..i don't know why so many ppl chose to disregard it..and im not pointing directly to any one on this board

I think alot of people tend to disregard alot of the past...Sharon had MULTIPLE affairs while married to Nick Cameron, Diego, Brad...She has lied, schemed and screwed people over to get what she wants....Sharon isnt any better then anyone else!!!

#58   2007/11/22 12:19PM
    KeepingItReal

Trust me I was not a "fan" of Sharon in the past and could not stand the wishy washiness of her character.

But when you compare her "afairs" and last time I checked it was not a punishable crime and compare them to Phyllis who we allllllllll know commited those crimes there is a "difference".

I just prefer to side with someone that's not a criminal and who honestly "regrets" her infidelity.

Phyllis on the other hand does not regret anything much less have a conscience otherwise when she got out of jail she would of just walked past Brad and not made her remark and have kept her mouth shut and not said what she said to Nikki- very tacky and insensitive.

#59   2007/11/22 12:20PM
    cater2u

Quote Wickyz:
    Quote cater2u:

I think alot of people tend to disregard alot of the past...Sharon had MULTIPLE affairs while married to Nick Cameron, Diego, Brad...She has lied, schemed and screwed people over to get what she wants....Sharon isnt any better then anyone else!!!

ITA with that sharon ain't that wonderful but her fans will see it the other way just like phyllis fans will often disregard any bad things she done..each fan base likes to call out on what the other has done. it's a vicious cycle and it doesn't end. some are just more upfront abot it than others . you see whenever there is a discusion based on phyllis there is always talk about her her past...and about the future many still attempt to predict that she'll stil being done stupid things down the line. I personally like to live in the prsent so i'll keep the talk of the the past to a minmum and the talk of the future i dare not go in that direction because it's foolish IMO

#60   2007/11/22 12:27PM
    KeepingItReal

I never like Phyllis also when she came to GC. Dang girl was always plotting and scheminng.

Like I said when they pair her with Jack she was a better person.

But hey, we need a villian and since that's how she started out and continue to progress "so be it". Let it be let it be let be

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2007/11/22 12:27PM
    « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list