List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

The Young and the Restless - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: The Young and the Restless Forum :: Time to stop Phyllis bashing

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

Time to stop Phyllis bashing

Started by Wickyz at 2007/11/20 12:58PM
    Latest post: 2007/11/23 11:00AM, Views: 2251, Replies: 104
    « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 » »| page:
    #41   2007/11/22 09:19AM
    Re: Time to stop Phyllis bashing
    Soulsistah

Exactly. Some love her because she is so bad, but by the same token that's exactly why some "hate/dislike" her so much. You can't have your cake and eat it too

#42   2007/11/22 09:23AM
    Eppy

I think I'll continue to bash Phyllis and any other bottom feeder in GC who commits crimes against society. Ever notice they don't commit crimes against one another. Takes one to know one, I guess.

#43   2007/11/22 09:23AM
    Sunnyflower

Quote Soulsistah: Sharon didn't receive any kind of financial gain from this information, hence why Phyllis's actions were criminal, and Sharon's wouldn't have been.

Phyllis didn't receive any financial gain either. The DA stated it would benefit NVP, which would therefore benefit Phyllis, but that would benefit Nikki as well as she is part owner. Very nonsensical.

Phyllis didn't do it for financial gain anyway. She did it for Nick.

#44   2007/11/22 09:26AM
    KeepingItReal

I am not bashing her.....just calling it as I see it.

She is what she is "evil". Just because she's with another man that comes from a good family does not make her any better. You would think that she would change but noooooooooo as soon as she get out of the pen she continues on.

Flap flap flap....the duck does not stop flapping.

#45   2007/11/22 09:27AM
    KeepingItReal

Quote Soulsistah: Exactly. Some love her because she is so bad, but by the same token that's exactly why some "hate/dislike" her so much. You can't have your cake and eat it too

I liked her with Jack at least then she was a little better.

Plus, he put a lid on it that's why she went elsewhere.....she needed someone that would follow after her.

#46   2007/11/22 09:28AM
    Soulsistah

Quote KeepingItReal: I am not bashing her.....just calling it as I see it.

She is what she is "evil". Just because she's with another man that comes from a good family does not make her any better. You would think that she would change but noooooooooo as soon as she get out of the pen she continues on.

Flap flap flap....the duck does not stop flapping.

So true. Others can deny it, but the truth is the truth.

#47   2007/11/22 09:29AM
    Eppy

Sunnyflower, there is a difference between extortion and blackmail!! Blackmail is for monetary gain, extortion in the dictionary, is described as one who attempts to extract favors or promises with the threat of retaliation!! So, how do you describe it?

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2007/11/22 09:31AM
    #48   2007/11/22 09:50AM
    Sunnyflower

Quote Eppy: Sunnyflower, there is a difference between extortion and blackmail!! Blackmail is for monetary gain, extortion in the dictionary, is described as one who attempts to extract favors or promises with the threat of retaliation!! So, how do you describe it?

Well I looked up the legal definition and this is what I found:

"EXTORTION - The use, or the express or implicit threat of the use, of violence or other criminal means to cause harm to person, reputation, or property as a means to obtain property from someone else with his consent. USC 18"

Phyliss didn't obtain any property or personal gain from what she did to Brad, Neil did.

I'm not saying what she did is moral or right, but this whole extortion thing was dramatically overblown. What Phyllis did is quite commonplace in soap opera land really.

Soaps do a really bad job when it comes to trials and that sort of thing. I really wish they would hire on special consultants when they do such s/l's, so then they would actually interesting and engaging, rather than silly.

#49   2007/11/22 10:05AM
    Soulsistah

Yes, I really wish they did consult with legal personnel so the court-room/trial s/ls aren't so lame.

I agree, Phyllis getting 6 years for this white-collar crime was stretching it more than a bit just for the sake of a Phyllis s/l. But I'll take what I can get given she hasn't done a day of jail time for much more serious (and deadly) crimes she's committed in the past, for which if they were being depictedly realistically, she'd have been sentenced to a much longer term than a paltry 6 years. She deserved to be locked up for life!

#50   2007/11/22 10:16AM
    KeepingItReal

Quote Soulsistah: Yes, I really wish they did consult with legal personnel so the court-room/trial s/ls aren't so lame.

I agree, Phyllis getting 6 years for this white-collar crime was stretching it more than a bit just for the sake of a Phyllis s/l. But I'll take what I can get given she hasn't done a day of jail time for much more serious (and deadly) crimes she's committed in the past, for which if they were being depictedly realistically, she'd have been sentenced to a much longer term than a paltry 6 years. She deserved to be locked up for life!

ITA but they need the crooks to get off so they can continue to mess up.......and we could "laugh" and say "she is what she is" evil.

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2007/11/22 10:17AM
    « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list