List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

The Young and the Restless - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: The Young and the Restless Forum :: What would make Y&R great again?

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

What would make Y&R great again?

Started by Embrace at 2014/05/03 07:55PM
    Latest post: 2014/07/14 11:53AM, Views: 11358, Replies: 163
    « 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 » »| page:
    #81   2014/05/17 04:58AM
    Re: What would make Y&R great again?
    Puggly

Quote Supercouplevilly: I agree JFP needs to go. Bring back the actors, that will and can come back. After watching just a little GH, I also realized the friendships are missing. Not the ones for plot points either, just friends because....

I have started watching GH and right away I noticed that there are many friendships on that show. Y&R has none.

#82   2014/05/17 05:51AM
    Supercouplev...

Quote Puggly:
    Quote Supercouplevilly: I agree JFP needs to go. Bring back the actors, that will and can come back. After watching just a little GH, I also realized the friendships are missing. Not the ones for plot points either, just friends because....

I have started watching GH and right away I noticed that there are many friendships on that show. Y&R has none.

Exactly, we had. Lauren/Phyllis. Katherine/Nikki. Billy/Rafe. MAB was just starting with Victoria/Chloe. Billy/Kevin...kind of. JFP killed that foursome

#83   2014/05/17 08:48AM
    Jackie10

Michael Muhney
    Shemar Moore
    Jerry Douglas
    Don Diamont
    Ashley Bashioum
    Thad Luckinbill
    Davetta Sherwood
    Stacy Haiduk
    Victoria Rowell
    Beau Kayser
    Emily O'Brien
    John Castellanos
    Yvonne Zima
    Michael Graziadei
    Kimberlin Brown

Just to name a few.

#84   2014/05/17 10:04AM
    Embrace

Quote lynj: I think they have lost their vision, because I remember in times past yes this was a soap, but it was seen as good quality for the genre, progressive, with good actors.

Now it seems difficult to tell the difference between Y&R and the other soaps. If anything it's lagging behind other daytime shows in any 'awareness' storylines. They used to lead the way in this area - not anymore.

It doesn't help the the cast appear to have factions and be divided against each other - that spells disaster for any production.

Maybe it's because the Bells are no longer as personally involved, as they were for decades. The current people in control don't have as much of a personal investment.

It's just a new era in soaps and if Y&R stays stuck in current pattern, its time at the top will be limited, it will be overtaken by soaps with more relevant actors and storylines.

I was actually a veteran viewer of about 20 years, I love the people who have been on this show for a long time, but I am frustrated at seeing the show stuck in the same formula as twenty years ago, there's hardly any difference. Nick and Sharon again... seen before, and their characters haven't matured much.

When Michael Muhney was on the show, I thought this guaranteed viewership for another generation. I am in my early forties and hoped I could look forward to watching this show into my later years as other viewers have. But there seem no new strong characters to carry it forward.

I have had to accept the situation and look to other soaps such as GH who are gaining more viewers in my age group and ex actors from soaps who have become too staid. I still believe in daytime as a relevant genre, but they have to adapt.

LYNJ! This post is AWESOME! YOU NAILED IT!!!

#85   2014/05/17 10:06AM
    Embrace

Good post! Bring them back! We used to have an amazing cast, and great story lines. I don't watch General Hospital, but it seems a lot of Y&R actors have moved to GH.

#86   2014/05/17 10:08AM
    Embrace

Quote Supercouplevilly:
    Quote Puggly:

Exactly, we had. Lauren/Phyllis. Katherine/Nikki. Billy/Rafe. MAB was just starting with Victoria/Chloe. Billy/Kevin...kind of. JFP killed that foursome

You two mentioned a great point. There are no friendships on Y&R anymore! Wow! Like none!

#87   2014/05/17 10:12AM
    Embrace

Quote Jackie10: Michael Muhney
    Shemar Moore
    Jerry Douglas
    Don Diamont
    Ashley Bashioum
    Thad Luckinbill
    Davetta Sherwood
    Stacy Haiduk
    Victoria Rowell
    Beau Kayser
    Emily O'Brien
    John Castellanos
    Yvonne Zima
    Michael Graziadei
    Kimberlin Brown

Just to name a few.

Wow, seems Y&R has passed up lots of good people. Should have kept many of these around!! Especially my MM! Jackie, I'm no god with real names. You are going to have me doing homework on all of these but MM, VR, TL, SM, and JD, lol.

#88   2014/05/17 10:28AM
    Dexter Fan

Getting Sean Patrick Flanery back again as Sam,or even another character!I love his lighter blond hair look!He looks more like an Outer Limits,STASIS from 2000 I saw this week!So handsome!I miss him on Y&R now since I saw him on Outer Limits!!And Brock and Chance need to come back too!Keep Kelly with Jack!He needs a woman for sure!!

#89   2014/05/17 10:30AM
    Embrace

Quote Dexter Fan: Getting Sean Patrick Flanery back again as Sam,or even another character!I love his lighter blond hair look!He looks more like an Outer Limits,STASIS from 2000 I saw this week!So handsome!I miss him on Y&R now since I saw him on Outer Limits!!And Brock and Chance need to come back too!Keep Kelly with Jack!He needs a woman for sure!!

I really really liked and miss Chance!!!! He would have been good for Chloe right now. And he loved Delia!

#90   2014/05/17 10:35AM
    restless_one

What would make Y&R great again?...Hmmmm.....Lets see....Oh I know...To be canceled,that's it.

« 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list