List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

The Young and the Restless - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: The Young and the Restless Forum :: What would make Y&R great again?

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

What would make Y&R great again?

Started by Embrace at 2014/05/03 07:55PM
    Latest post: 2014/07/14 11:53AM, Views: 11355, Replies: 163
    « 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 » »| page:
    #61   2014/05/10 02:52PM
    Re: What would make Y&R great again?
    Embrace

Quote Taralo: I'm not sure the networks are invested enough in soaps to make them great again.

I hate to say It, but I think you're right.

#62   2014/05/10 03:41PM
    Nezy

Quote Taralo: I'm not sure the networks are invested enough in soaps to make them great again.

Thats the bottom line. It costs a lot of money and it takes up a lot of time to create good soaps, to create fresh well written storylines, and I don't think networks are willing to put in what it takes to create one.

#63   2014/05/10 04:49PM
    YoungBoldLady50

Quote Nezy:

Thats the bottom line. It costs a lot of money and it takes up a lot of time to create good soaps, to create fresh well written storylines, and I don't think networks are willing to put in what it takes to create one.

Your both so right. "Reelity" TV isn't "Reality" TV. Unfortunately, soaps are more expensive to produce. The "reality" shows that are literally everywhere are much cheaper to produce and seems to be the trend. The "stars" don't require any talent and aren't truly "actors" and are paid as such unlike soap actors/actresses who are paid for there craft, the sets are minimal unlike the more lavish soap sets. It's a diifrent world and as pointed out in previous posts soaps are simply more expensive and is of the reasons why the Y&R isn't as great. The funds for better productions apparently aren't going to traditional soaps."Reality" is killing soap "Reelity"

#64   2014/05/10 06:15PM
    Jackie10

Quote Embrace:
    Quote DeevaCulver: Hurry up and bring back Adam and Phyllis even recasts I dont care any more those characters gave the show BITE and I MISS that. I wouldn't have minded seeing Neil fall off the wagon again. They toyed with that idea for all of 10 seconds when Hilary spiked his OJ and he was in the park remembering "that taste" I was ready to see where they would go from there,but it was over before it began.

There was definitely something different and complex about Adam's and Phyllis's character that we are missing with other characters! They gave us that complexity and non-dullness that we need in a soap. We need Adam and Phyllis again!

The writers ruined Phyllis and Adam. They put her in coma for 8 months because they didnt know what to do with her. They put Adam in a walking coma whining for a baby. Unless they bring back the dynamic Adam and Phyllis there is no use for them on the soap. We have enough boring characters on the soap.

#65   2014/05/10 06:19PM
    Taralo

Quote Jackie10:
    Quote Embrace:
    Quote DeevaCulver: Hurry up and bring back Adam and Phyllis even recasts I dont care any more those characters gave the show BITE and I MISS that. I wouldn't have minded seeing Neil fall off the wagon again. They toyed with that idea for all of 10 seconds when Hilary spiked his OJ and he was in the park remembering "that taste" I was ready to see where they would go from there,but it was over before it began.

There was definitely something different and complex about Adam's and Phyllis's character that we are missing with other characters! They gave us that complexity and non-dullness that we need in a soap. We need Adam and Phyllis again!

The writers ruined Phyllis and Adam. They put her in coma for 8 months because they didnt know what to do with her. They put Adam in a walking coma whining for a baby. Unless they bring back the dynamic Adam and Phyllis there is no use for them on the soap. We have enough boring characters on the soap.

lol!!! Adam wanted HIS son! And with young and fertile Chelsea he can have all the kids he wants.

#66   2014/05/10 06:35PM
    Jackie10

Quote cards1:
    Quote PurrrrrrrKitty: I don't think it will EVER return to its hey day when Bill Bell was in charge, because he was a genius at story telling..wonderful characters..with a huge budget.

Butttttt, MAB totally destroyed it.. it has taken this team 2 years to clean up her mess and in fact, they are still doing it.. while trying to start "their" concept.. I am anxious to see where they take it.. I think it will be good.. far better than anything that MAB and crew and the others prior to them ever were... but NOT as good as Bill Bell..

IA, at the last of MAB's reign the soap was in a flounder, but at times all soaps have their moments, regrouping and starting new S/L's, MAB did have some good S/L's in her day, and we didn't have this mass exits of vets and recasts.

At some point JFP's & crew has to take their own responsibility, the regime of two years ago can't hardly be blamed for the complete unrecognizable mess it has become today IMO. For the first six months even up to a year IMO, maybe, but at this point it's all on JFP, these recasts, and recent hiring are all under her,the snail's pace S/L's are all under her the S/L's in progress or lack there off are all the current regime's S/L's and writing, and the complete disregard she has shown for Y&R's history, IMO, it's like JFP and her crew never even watched Y&R before taking over. Many of the S/L's simply don't make sense with the history as it's been told even back to Bell Sr.'s day.

To what would make Y&R great again, IDK, one thing for me that could help is with a stoke of a pen they could write is so Sharon/Victor's marriage was never consummated. Yeah, I know they went upstairs, but thank the soap gods at least we never saw a sex scene, maybe have Sharon remember it when she is under hypnosis (It's a soap, lol)

You are so right. JFP came on with JG promising to fix the soap starting with Sharon and Adam. What a crock. They totally trashed both characters. Nothing has been "FIXED" on this soap. More stupid story lines and additions to the soap that just dont fit and have no purpose regardless of the stupid concocted story line the writers try to create for them. More dropped story lines, repeat story lines and WTD who cares story lines. I think JG wanted to fix the soap and JFP didnt she had her own agenda and JG was let go so she could pursue her agenda. And look what we have garbage.

#67   2014/05/10 10:24PM
    Embrace

Quote Provo: I would fire Phelps and her crew of lackys.

Oh how I wish you could...

#68   2014/05/10 10:26PM
    Embrace

Quote baybay: I love Y&R... and it's definitely had its ups and downs through the years. I'd really like to see some characters from the past come back on the show. You had other families involved through the years. Maybe a BROOKS girl or BROCK... another extension from Katherine. It has a rich history through the years and a lot of us have been with it since the beginning.Bring back SAM. I LOVED Sam. I liked Skye. Bring back Leanna Love and let her drive VICTOR nuts again for awhile.

One thing I can't argue with is Y&R definitely has a rich history and strong family structure, but it seems to be vanishing right before our eyes. Our soap is becoming unrecognizable.

#69   2014/05/10 10:29PM
    Embrace

Quote Jackie10:
    Quote Embrace:

You both are right. When it comes down to it, I don't think the writers know how to write for complex characters like Phyllis and Adam. And that's sad because these are characters that writers are supposed to have so much fun with. I wish I could write for them. Stop dulling every character down. Ugh!

#70   2014/05/10 10:31PM
    Embrace

Quote Jackie10:
    Quote cards1:
    Quote PurrrrrrrKitty: I don't think it will EVER return to its hey day when Bill Bell was in charge, because he was a genius at story telling..wonderful characters..with a huge budget.

Butttttt, MAB totally destroyed it.. it has taken this team 2 years to clean up her mess and in fact, they are still doing it.. while trying to start "their" concept.. I am anxious to see where they take it.. I think it will be good.. far better than anything that MAB and crew and the others prior to them ever were... but NOT as good as Bill Bell..

IA, at the last of MAB's reign the soap was in a flounder, but at times all soaps have their moments, regrouping and starting new S/L's, MAB did have some good S/L's in her day, and we didn't have this mass exits of vets and recasts.

At some point JFP's & crew has to take their own responsibility, the regime of two years ago can't hardly be blamed for the complete unrecognizable mess it has become today IMO. For the first six months even up to a year IMO, maybe, but at this point it's all on JFP, these recasts, and recent hiring are all under her,the snail's pace S/L's are all under her the S/L's in progress or lack there off are all the current regime's S/L's and writing, and the complete disregard she has shown for Y&R's history, IMO, it's like JFP and her crew never even watched Y&R before taking over. Many of the S/L's simply don't make sense with the history as it's been told even back to Bell Sr.'s day.

To what would make Y&R great again, IDK, one thing for me that could help is with a stoke of a pen they could write is so Sharon/Victor's marriage was never consummated. Yeah, I know they went upstairs, but thank the soap gods at least we never saw a sex scene, maybe have Sharon remember it when she is under hypnosis (It's a soap, lol)

You are so right. JFP came on with JG promising to fix the soap starting with Sharon and Adam. What a crock. They totally trashed both characters. Nothing has been "FIXED" on this soap. More stupid story lines and additions to the soap that just dont fit and have no purpose regardless of the stupid concocted story line the writers try to create for them. More dropped story lines, repeat story lines and WTD who cares story lines. I think JG wanted to fix the soap and JFP didnt she had her own agenda and JG was let go so she could pursue her agenda. And look what we have garbage.

So sad. I can honestly say this is the most boring I have ever seen it.

« 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list