List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

The Young and the Restless - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: The Young and the Restless Forum :: What would make Y&R great again?

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

What would make Y&R great again?

Started by Embrace at 2014/05/03 07:55PM
    Latest post: 2014/07/14 11:53AM, Views: 11357, Replies: 163
    « 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 » »| page:
    #141   2014/06/30 11:53PM
    Re: What would make Y&R great again?
    Embrace

Quote Teri_ETC: MORE STIKKI LOVE PLEASE!!!! Y&R

Yes! I love these two together!

#142   2014/06/30 11:55PM
    Embrace

Quote Teri_ETC: Also, enjoy the scenes where we can see our favorite characters engaging in family traditions ( ie: Mrs C's pool parties, annual galas at the Colonade Rm...did Adam burn that down??? No rebuild? Was it replaced with Gloria's venue which also burned down ? Whatever happened to the restraint/bar Billy Boy won and sold???).

Does anyone's in Genoa City have family reunions? Y&R

Family reunions would be an excellent idea where they can bring back cast favorites to connect with their families.

#143   2014/07/01 12:01AM
    Embrace

Quote movinon:
    Quote lynj: I think they have lost their vision, because I remember in times past yes this was a soap, but it was seen as good quality for the genre, progressive, with good actors.

Now it seems difficult to tell the difference between Y&R and the other soaps. If anything it's lagging behind other daytime shows in any 'awareness' storylines. They used to lead the way in this area - not anymore.

It doesn't help the the cast appear to have factions and be divided against each other - that spells disaster for any production.

Maybe it's because the Bells are no longer as personally involved, as they were for decades. The current people in control don't have as much of a personal investment.

It's just a new era in soaps and if Y&R stays stuck in current pattern, its time at the top will be limited, it will be overtaken by soaps with more relevant actors and storylines.

I was actually a veteran viewer of about 20 years, I love the people who have been on this show for a long time, but I am frustrated at seeing the show stuck in the same formula as twenty years ago, there's hardly any difference. Nick and Sharon again... seen before, and their characters haven't matured much.

When Michael Muhney was on the show, I thought this guaranteed viewership for another generation. I am in my early forties and hoped I could look forward to watching this show into my later years as other viewers have. But there seem no new strong characters to carry it forward.

I have had to accept the situation and look to other soaps such as GH who are gaining more viewers in my age group and ex actors from soaps who have become too staid. I still believe in daytime as a relevant genre, but they have to adapt.

I'm not on this board much anymore, but I had to tell you that you have perfectly summed up what many people feel. I am in the older age group, but lots of us have done exactly what you have done. After watching this show from the very beginning, I can't stay and watch a slow death - it's too painful.

I am saddened reading both of your posts because I can truly relate to and understand where you are coming from. I have been a 20 yr viewer as well. Anyone who knows me knows I love my Y&R. I am often joked about because of it. I have been recording it for 15 years! I used to come home from school watching it. I do believe that the reason things aren't the same is because the new and recent writers do not have as personal of an investment in the soap as the Bells had. We don't have people on our side that wants the soap to succeed and be at its best potential anymore.

#144   2014/07/01 12:03AM
    Embrace

Quote fanny22: Young and restless is a wonderful soap to watch I've been watching from the beginning,,,,
    Of course I would also like to see Micheal M. comme back ,,, I liked it when he had changed , becoming a good person,,, with Chelsea or Sharon ,,,
    I would like that if Mariah was Cassie's twin...
    Its hard to get used to the new Billy although he's a good actor,, The new Phillis should bring a lot of action ,,,,
    Keep on the good work!
    From Canada !

Thanks Fanny! I would love for MM to return too. I need Shadam on my screen again.

#145   2014/07/01 02:28AM
    effers

Quote Embrace:
    Quote deceived:
    Quote Embrace:
    Quote deceived:
    Quote Embrace:
    Quote Supercouplevilly: How about some friend or family support? Oh wait...Everyone is in their own story. I was watching some things from 2012, Billy spent a whole month supporting (offering advice) to other people. Jack (trying to walk), Ashley (Tucker cheating), Jill (leaving town), Kyle (Victor), and Cane (mom issues).

Sometimes it is very refreshing to watch old episodes when Y&R was at its best!

YES!! Does anyone remember the 4th of July bar-b-q's at the Newman swimming pool??? Nick and Sharon in their bathing suits... that was such fun... maybe they could have a pool party this year with the young people, and some flashbacks of Shick...LOL that would be such fun...

I remember all the holiday pool parties at the Newmans and Abbotts. I miss the younger cast that used to hang out at the Abbott mansion:Billy, Brittany, Raul, and Mac.
    I even remember when Chance and Chloe were together during one of the holiday parties! Sweet memories!

HAHA... I seem to remember Grace...LOL

Grace was a peace of work! I remember the scene she seduced Nick in the office when the air wasn't working or something like that.

Nick still hasn't come clean about one of the grace romps.

#146   2014/07/01 09:17AM
    Galazz

The genre is dead. The few remaining soaps are playing out the string. Soaps don't have an audience to keep them going beyond a few more years.

#147   2014/07/12 09:01PM
    Embrace

For MM to surprise us with a return as Adam! I would be ecstatic! I don't think anyone misses him as much as I do!

#148   2014/07/12 09:03PM
    Embrace

For Jill and Colin storyline to end. Let Colin go away! You know he would have been great with Gloria. But still,let him go way.

#149   2014/07/12 09:07PM
    Embrace

The return of classic characters like Grace, Amy, Matt (is he dead, can't remember), Chance, Malcolm (the original Malcolm played by Shemar Moore, Olivia, John Silva, Mamie, and so many others....
    Anyone remember the character Shaun who Jill had a fling with? He was like a producer or something for the Glow by Jabot kids thing with Raul, Brittany, and Billy. He were sunglasses and was HOT!!!

#150   2014/07/13 07:58AM
    male yr fan

%( What would make Y/R better is to get some writers who know the history about the show...Also,to all you old Billy fans and Adam fans please get over it...You have to understand any actor can act but, what destroys their character is bad story lines. If Michael did come back as Adam...the story writing would destroy his character anyway...Look what they did to people like Jill,Lauren, Michael, Kevin...and I also noticed how they dissolved Katherine's family line...what she didn't have any cousins...or anyone that could go up against Jill?..These writers are trying to appeal to someone but, definitely not their viewers.

« 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list