List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

The Young and the Restless - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: The Young and the Restless Forum :: What would make Y&R great again?

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

What would make Y&R great again?

Started by Embrace at 2014/05/03 07:55PM
    Latest post: 2014/07/14 11:53AM, Views: 11482, Replies: 163
    « 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 » »| page:
    #121   2014/06/27 06:48AM
    Re: What would make Y&R great again?
    Galazz

Nothing. The genre is pretty much dead. In a few years they will be in the four remaining soaps will be in the TV graveyard with the rest. Soaps are not the cash cows they use to be. Now on a small percentage of the population watch soaps.

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2014/06/27 06:50AM
    #122   2014/06/27 07:56AM
    Drucilla Win...

The return of Drucilla Winters, played by the talented Victoria Rowell might boost the ratings . Fans or haters, they would tune in to see what she's up to.

#123   2014/06/27 08:07AM
    Embrace

Quote lynj: Bill Bell is gone and he treated the show like his child. These people in charge right now just don't care.

I like the veterans but I think that some have overbloated egos. I won't name names. They are denying talented younger actors progress and opportunities and so they lose interest, quit for more interesting acting jobs. You can't blame them.

I feel ya!

#124   2014/06/27 08:14AM
    Embrace

Quote deceived:
    Quote Embrace:
    Quote Supercouplevilly: How about some friend or family support? Oh wait...Everyone is in their own story. I was watching some things from 2012, Billy spent a whole month supporting (offering advice) to other people. Jack (trying to walk), Ashley (Tucker cheating), Jill (leaving town), Kyle (Victor), and Cane (mom issues).

Sometimes it is very refreshing to watch old episodes when Y&R was at its best!

YES!! Does anyone remember the 4th of July bar-b-q's at the Newman swimming pool??? Nick and Sharon in their bathing suits... that was such fun... maybe they could have a pool party this year with the young people, and some flashbacks of Shick...LOL that would be such fun...

I remember all the holiday pool parties at the Newmans and Abbotts. I miss the younger cast that used to hang out at the Abbott mansion:Billy, Brittany, Raul, and Mac.
    I even remember when Chance and Chloe were together during one of the holiday parties! Sweet memories!

#125   2014/06/27 08:21AM
    deceived

Quote Embrace:
    Quote deceived:
    Quote Embrace:
    Quote Supercouplevilly: How about some friend or family support? Oh wait...Everyone is in their own story. I was watching some things from 2012, Billy spent a whole month supporting (offering advice) to other people. Jack (trying to walk), Ashley (Tucker cheating), Jill (leaving town), Kyle (Victor), and Cane (mom issues).

YES!! Does anyone remember the 4th of July bar-b-q's at the Newman swimming pool??? Nick and Sharon in their bathing suits... that was such fun... maybe they could have a pool party this year with the young people, and some flashbacks of Shick...LOL that would be such fun...

I remember all the holiday pool parties at the Newmans and Abbotts. I miss the younger cast that used to hang out at the Abbott mansion:Billy, Brittany, Raul, and Mac.
    I even remember when Chance and Chloe were together during one of the holiday parties! Sweet memories!

HAHA... I seem to remember Grace...LOL

#126   2014/06/27 08:23AM
    Embrace

Quote Galazz: Nothing. The genre is pretty much dead. In a few years they will be in the four remaining soaps will be in the TV graveyard with the rest. Soaps are not the cash cows they use to be. Now on a small percentage of the population watch soaps.

Regardless of how much longer soaps will be around, or how much money they bring in, I disagree that there is nothing that can make it better while It's still on. It doesn't take a lot for interesting storylines, just writers who care about the soap, know the history of the soap, and know how to write creative s/l other than WTD all the time.
    That's why it's nice to reminisce on the good things. It's helps us see the plethora of s/l Y&R has had, and could have. It's also good to remember the history of the soap.

#127   2014/06/27 08:27AM
    Embrace

Quote deceived:
    Quote Embrace:
    Quote deceived:
    Quote Embrace:

HAHA... I seem to remember Grace...LOL

Grace was a peace of work! I remember the scene she seduced Nick in the office when the air wasn't working or something like that.

#128   2014/06/27 08:28AM
    Galazz

Quote Embrace:
    Quote Galazz: Nothing. The genre is pretty much dead. In a few years they will be in the four remaining soaps will be in the TV graveyard with the rest. Soaps are not the cash cows they use to be. Now on a small percentage of the population watch soaps.

Regardless of how much longer soaps will be around, or how much money they bring in, I disagree that there is nothing that can make it better while It's still on. It doesn't take a lot for interesting storylines, just writers who care about the soap, know the history of the soap, and know how to write creative s/l other than WTD all the time.
    That's why it's nice to reminisce on the good things. It's helps us see the plethora of s/l Y&R has had, and could have. It's also good to remember the history of the soap.

My major point was the powers that be don't think soaps are worth the investment and time it would take to make the types of improvements that you are talking about.

#129   2014/06/27 08:37AM
    Embrace

Quote Drucilla Winters Fan: The return of Drucilla Winters, played by the talented Victoria Rowell might boost the ratings . Fans or haters, they would tune in to see what she's up to.

I definitely agree that VR would bring some buzz!

#130   2014/06/27 09:48AM
    maxiefan101

They really need Drucilla. The ladies they have brought on to create Dru "buzz" have not worked out at all... They need to work it out with her

« 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list