List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

The Young and the Restless - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: The Young and the Restless Forum :: What would make Y&R great again?

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

What would make Y&R great again?

Started by Embrace at 2014/05/03 07:55PM
    Latest post: 2014/07/14 11:53AM, Views: 11024, Replies: 163
    « 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 » »| page:
    #111   2014/06/11 12:20PM
    Re: What would make Y&R great again?
    Galazz

Some young people would help. DOOL is great at writing for several generations of characters.

#112   2014/06/26 07:35PM
    Embrace

Quote Supercouplevilly: How about some friend or family support? Oh wait...Everyone is in their own story. I was watching some things from 2012, Billy spent a whole month supporting (offering advice) to other people. Jack (trying to walk), Ashley (Tucker cheating), Jill (leaving town), Kyle (Victor), and Cane (mom issues).

Sometimes it is very refreshing to watch old episodes when Y&R was at its best!

#113   2014/06/26 07:37PM
    Embrace

Quote bklynlady:
    Quote mghcp1: I agree Bill Bell was the all time best story teller by far. I liked the storyline with Adrian/Collen/JT, Brad/Victoria/JT was great. Not to mention all the drama with Victor and Ashley over the years and later throwing Brad into the mix even made it better. Nick/Sharon/Adam saga was great..Phyllis..OMG unblievable how could youl have let her go?

To me it was at its prime before all the seasoned characters/actors started being shoved aside for all these new people with their unappealing story lines.
    There is never a cliffhanger and way to perdictable. Not sure I will continue watching it much longer if there is not a change and I have watched it for the past 40 years. Situtations are way to drown out and killing little Delia was uncalled for she could have been recast. It may be beyond repair!

I can't agree more.

That's my greatest fear with this soap, that it's beyond repair. The badder that JFP and teams ruins it, the harder it's going to be to take it back!

#114   2014/06/26 07:37PM
    Embrace

Quote bklynlady:
    Quote Tybee Island: Best storyline ever: David Kimble.

That was powerhouse writing right there, all due to the classic Bill Bell.

Bill Bell was the greatest!

#115   2014/06/26 07:42PM
    Embrace

Quote Gideon58: Yeah, when Sheila and Patty were around, I was gasping and screaming at the end of every Friday episode.

Yes! Two bad girls! Two of the most complex characters on the show! Ian and Mariah has NOTHING on Patty and Sheila. Bring Sheila back!

#116   2014/06/26 07:44PM
    Embrace

Quote heysista: Funny how JFP seems to think the answer to all of the show's problems can be solved simply by re-casting them!
    First Billy, now yet another Billy, soon a new Phyllis and perhaps a new Adam..... funny how simply recasting the "role" of executive producer would solve everything and I would not be surprised if the fired actors came back as well once the witch is burned at the stake!

EXCELLENT POST!!!!!!! That's the solution! Fire the head, not the actors! Bring back the best of Y&R and get rid of JFP!

#117   2014/06/26 11:07PM
    Ruby and Teddy

The only way our wishes could be granted is if there were to be a new regime that is well versed in story writing including drama, mystery, wonder, romance, light hearted comedy, suspense, can’t get enough of whatever kind of thing, and realistic fake fairy tales.

#118   2014/06/27 12:57AM
    lynj

Bill Bell is gone and he treated the show like his child. These people in charge right now just don't care.

I like the veterans but I think that some have overbloated egos. I won't name names. They are denying talented younger actors progress and opportunities and so they lose interest, quit for more interesting acting jobs. You can't blame them.

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2014/06/27 12:58AM
    #119   2014/06/27 04:28AM
    even

Quote PurrrrrrrKitty:
    Quote Taralo: Soaps can't be the way they were 50 years ago or even 40 years ago. The world has changed. People have changed. TV has changed. And you can't sell sand to folks who live in the desert. So the few soaps that are left, enjoy then while they last. Because they won't last much longer.

I totally agree 100 percent.. all the gripping in the world won't change things at alllllll.

All the gripping obviously makes people feel better.

#120   2014/06/27 04:37AM
    deceived

Quote Embrace:
    Quote Supercouplevilly: How about some friend or family support? Oh wait...Everyone is in their own story. I was watching some things from 2012, Billy spent a whole month supporting (offering advice) to other people. Jack (trying to walk), Ashley (Tucker cheating), Jill (leaving town), Kyle (Victor), and Cane (mom issues).

Sometimes it is very refreshing to watch old episodes when Y&R was at its best!

YES!! Does anyone remember the 4th of July bar-b-q's at the Newman swimming pool??? Nick and Sharon in their bathing suits... that was such fun... maybe they could have a pool party this year with the young people, and some flashbacks of Shick...LOL that would be such fun...

« 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list