List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

The Young and the Restless - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: The Young and the Restless Forum :: What would make Y&R great again?

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

What would make Y&R great again?

Started by Embrace at 2014/05/03 07:55PM
    Latest post: 2014/07/14 11:53AM, Views: 11477, Replies: 163
    « 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 » »| page:
    #101   2014/06/10 04:08AM
    Re: What would make Y&R great again?
    Supercouplev...

How about some friend or family support? Oh wait...Everyone is in their own story. I was watching some things from 2012, Billy spent a whole month supporting (offering advice) to other people. Jack (trying to walk), Ashley (Tucker cheating), Jill (leaving town), Kyle (Victor), and Cane (mom issues).

Modified 2 times(s), last time at: 2014/06/10 04:14AM
    #102   2014/06/10 07:46AM
    bklynlady

Quote mghcp1: I agree Bill Bell was the all time best story teller by far. I liked the storyline with Adrian/Collen/JT, Brad/Victoria/JT was great. Not to mention all the drama with Victor and Ashley over the years and later throwing Brad into the mix even made it better. Nick/Sharon/Adam saga was great..Phyllis..OMG unblievable how could youl have let her go?

To me it was at its prime before all the seasoned characters/actors started being shoved aside for all these new people with their unappealing story lines.
    There is never a cliffhanger and way to perdictable. Not sure I will continue watching it much longer if there is not a change and I have watched it for the past 40 years. Situtations are way to drown out and killing little Delia was uncalled for she could have been recast. It may be beyond repair!

I can't agree more.

#103   2014/06/10 07:47AM
    bklynlady

Quote Tybee Island: Best storyline ever: David Kimble.

That was powerhouse writing right there, all due to the classic Bill Bell.

#104   2014/06/10 07:52AM
    bklynlady

Quote PurrrrrrrKitty: I don't think it will EVER return to its hey day when Bill Bell was in charge, because he was a genius at story telling..wonderful characters..with a huge budget.

Butttttt, MAB totally destroyed it.. it has taken this team 2 years to clean up her mess and in fact, they are still doing it.. while trying to start "their" concept.. I am anxious to see where they take it.. I think it will be good.. far better than anything that MAB and crew and the others prior to them ever were... but NOT as good as Bill Bell..

MAB had her flaws, but she is in a league over the soap disaster JFP. JFP has done an injustice to this show. Look at her history. And I can't forget how LML had storylines going all over the place. LML was no saviour.

#105   2014/06/10 08:01AM
    bklynlady

Quote Chalen: I want Shadam back again, would luv luv luv that!!!!!

ITA.
    And these deadweight new characters like Ian, Leslie, and Courtney should go to the exit door.

#106   2014/06/10 08:04AM
    Gideon58

Yeah, when Sheila and Patty were around, I was gasping and screaming at the end of every Friday episode.

#107   2014/06/10 08:40AM
    heysista

Funny how JFP seems to think the answer to all of the show's problems can be solved simply by re-casting them!
    First Billy, now yet another Billy, soon a new Phyllis and perhaps a new Adam..... funny how simply recasting the "role" of executive producer would solve everything and I would not be surprised if the fired actors came back as well once the witch is burned at the stake!

#108   2014/06/10 09:19AM
    atxbibi

When Jack slept with Jill and they were photographed together, it was a wonderful story. It set off a chain of events and played out over about three years in the early 80's, but it was awesome. Katherine bought the photos and held them over Jill's head. There was the slow reveal to John and then the aftermath of their divorce. It played on the past of Jill and Kay's relationship while teasing viewers and moving the storyline forward all at the same time. The sets were oppulent and the background music was used to enhance the scene and the drama. Oh yea, Bill Bell was the writer and executive producer. So the answer to the question is "raise the dead to save this show."

#109   2014/06/10 09:24AM
    heysista

No show can lose 4 big name actors in the space of 12 months(MM, MS, BM & the late Jeanne) without any damage to their brand or audience numbers. But, JFP and her team of writers are just further compounding the decline.

#110   2014/06/10 11:17AM
    cantbelieveit

Quote Embrace:
    Quote Embrace: Some of my most memorable episodes would be:

1. When Cassie died... Not a Shick fan, but that episode was heart and gut wrenching. I cried and sobbed like a baby! Their emotions were so raw and intense! God! I urge anyone who was not watching during that time to YouTube that one!

2. When Nick came to Phyllis's place and they gave in to passion after Cassie died. Their affair was fire blazing! The music was right. The build up was right. Everything about it was just pure entertainment, and so passionate.

3. When Brad drowned and froze in the lake after rescuing Noah. I will NEVER forget that visual. It messed me up!

4. Any and everything Shadam

And not necessarily in that order...

youtu.be/e8XZALDf4J8

Just watched the old clip, and 9 nine years later, it still had me crying...

Geting rid of Jill Phelps!!!!!!!!!

« 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list