List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

The Young and the Restless - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: The Young and the Restless Forum :: What would make Y&R great again?

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

What would make Y&R great again?

Started by Embrace at 2014/05/03 07:55PM
    Latest post: 2014/07/14 11:53AM, Views: 11725, Replies: 163
    1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 » »| page:
    #1   2014/05/03 07:55PM
    What would make Y&R great again?
    Embrace

We can pretty much agree that Y&R is not at its best. But what great story lines or interesting kind of characters would you like to see on the set that would make Y&R worth tuning in to see? When is the last time we had a cliffhanger? What are the best story lines Y&R ever had?

#2   2014/05/03 07:58PM
    Re: What would make Y&R great again?
    Embrace

I would love to have jaw dropping cliffhangers on Fridays again. I would like to see a villain like Sheila or Patty, or even Daisy again. Sorry, but Ian is not cutting it for me. He is just annoying. I'm sure they will have a "Who killed Ian" storyline soon. I wouldn't be surprised if he purposely frames Dylan, smh.

I would like to see something explosive. The writers had an opportunity with the gala episode, but they dropped the ball again.

Come on Y&R, make me want to watch my favorite pastime again!

#3   2014/05/03 08:07PM
    Embrace

Some of my most memorable episodes would be:

1. When Cassie died... Not a Shick fan, but that episode was heart and gut wrenching. I cried and sobbed like a baby! Their emotions were so raw and intense! God! I urge anyone who was not watching during that time to YouTube that one!

2. When Nick came to Phyllis's place and they gave in to passion after Cassie died. Their affair was fire blazing! The music was right. The build up was right. Everything about it was just pure entertainment, and so passionate.

3. When Brad drowned and froze in the lake after rescuing Noah. I will NEVER forget that visual. It messed me up!

4. Any and everything Shadam

And not necessarily in that order...

#4   2014/05/03 08:22PM
    Embrace

How can I forget when Isabella tried to kill Christine in the bathtub with that HUGE knife?!!

#5   2014/05/03 08:49PM
    Embrace

When Dru fell over the cliff arguing with Sharon and Phyllis. I can still remember Lily's scream.
    Tricia kills Ryan at his wedding to Victoria!
    JT saves Colleen from fire at Gina's!
    Cane gets shot on the steps of the church before the wedding.
    Mac and Billy almost have sexy before finding out their related.
    Jack tells Victor "HAVE A SEAT ON ME," and throws the chair threw his window!
    SHARON AND ADAM's wedding

#6   2014/05/03 08:56PM
    PurrrrrrrKitty

I don't think it will EVER return to its hey day when Bill Bell was in charge, because he was a genius at story telling..wonderful characters..with a huge budget.

Butttttt, MAB totally destroyed it.. it has taken this team 2 years to clean up her mess and in fact, they are still doing it.. while trying to start "their" concept.. I am anxious to see where they take it.. I think it will be good.. far better than anything that MAB and crew and the others prior to them ever were... but NOT as good as Bill Bell..

#7   2014/05/03 08:59PM
    PurrrrrrrKitty

P.S. I fogor, I am not going to predict anyting.. they get the big bucks for that.... I will wait and let them produce and then I will judge..

#8   2014/05/03 09:12PM
    Embrace

Quote Embrace: Some of my most memorable episodes would be:

1. When Cassie died... Not a Shick fan, but that episode was heart and gut wrenching. I cried and sobbed like a baby! Their emotions were so raw and intense! God! I urge anyone who was not watching during that time to YouTube that one!

2. When Nick came to Phyllis's place and they gave in to passion after Cassie died. Their affair was fire blazing! The music was right. The build up was right. Everything about it was just pure entertainment, and so passionate.

3. When Brad drowned and froze in the lake after rescuing Noah. I will NEVER forget that visual. It messed me up!

youtu.be/e8XZALDf4J8

Just watched the old clip, and 9 nine years later, it still had me crying...

#9   2014/05/04 06:15AM
    Ontarian

Quote Embrace:
    Quote Embrace: Some of my most memorable episodes would be:

youtu.be/e8XZALDf4J8

Just watched the old clip, and 9 nine years later, it still had me crying...

I've been watching Y&R for 40 yrs. I clicked on your link. I wanted to see it again. It all came back. The tears started flowing. Those were the good years, when the show was at it's best. I wish that they would make the show that great again.

#10   2014/05/04 06:17AM
    Rilynne

Quote PurrrrrrrKitty: I don't think it will EVER return to its hey day when Bill Bell was in charge, because he was a genius at story telling..wonderful characters..with a huge budget.

Butttttt, MAB totally destroyed it.. it has taken this team 2 years to clean up her mess and in fact, they are still doing it.. while trying to start "their" concept.. I am anxious to see where they take it.. I think it will be good.. far better than anything that MAB and crew and the others prior to them ever were... but NOT as good as Bill Bell..

Well said, my thoughts exactly. And I am enjoying Y&R.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list