List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

The Young and the Restless - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: The Young and the Restless Forum :: Send TGVN to a shrink and get off him....

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

Send TGVN to a shrink and get off him....

Started by SLEUTH at 2014/04/28 10:18AM
    Latest post: 2014/04/28 04:50PM, Views: 442, Replies: 9
    page:
    #1   2014/04/28 10:18AM
    Send TGVN to a shrink and get off him....
    SLEUTH

>) everyone's crap list. Since sweet little likable Sharon has been given a pass for her criminal activity all in the name of an illness...send Victor to a shrink--I am sure with all of his abandonment issues there is some alphabet label they can diagnose him as having and therefore explain away all of his deeds in the name of illness.

#2   2014/04/28 11:42AM
    Re: Send TGVN to a shrink and get off him....
    Finally Free

I agree.
    It's going to take some good writing for the writers to bring back the good Victor. I wonder if this is rock bottom for him.

#3   2014/04/28 12:10PM
    tricia98

I did not like how he talked to Nicki today when she compared Victor to Ian. What a jerk when he says, you just now crossed the line you better take that back!!! Nicki really needs to leave him for good but I know that will NEVER happen.

#4   2014/04/28 01:16PM
    laurie6

I couldn't care less what he did to Sharon, She got what she deserved. Victor is no different now then he has always been, Everyone is suppose to hate him because he hurt poor little Sharon? Sharon never cared who he hurt before why now.

#5   2014/04/28 03:29PM
    deceived

Victor needs to be committed. Using his granddaughters memory to gaslight Sharon, a member of the Newman family...he is going senile... Nikki needs to leave him for good, maybe this will bring this S/L to Paul???

#6   2014/04/28 03:56PM
    clicquot1

Quote SLEUTH: everyone's crap list. Since sweet little likable Sharon has been given a pass for her criminal activity all in the name of an illness...send Victor to a shrink--I am sure with all of his abandonment issues there is some alphabet label they can diagnose him as having and therefore explain away all of his deeds in the name of illness.

IMO, Victor will NEVER get another "explanation" for his behavior because he has already been given one and that is he does EVERYTHING for FAMILY!

Now, the "reason" he feels this way is of course because what happened to him in his childhood........daddy leaving the family and mommy being so poor she couldn't afford to feed, clothe, and house all three of them(herself/Victor/baby Matt)so off she went to the orphanage on Christmas Even and dropped him off!

This caused Victor to do whatever it takes to hold onto his family danged the consequences! He in his own opinion must Protect them from everyone because he himself wasn't protected from his own family!

Victor himself had NO CONTROL so he must have absolute CONTROL and he will use his considerable power, wealth, and influemce to see that he CONTROL'S evry aspect of the family he loves whether they like it or not!

He always believes he is doing the right thing mo matter who it hurts, who ends up dead, or even when it blows up in his face!

Nope, he's not gonna get a mental illness!

Some character have alcoholism or pills as their "explanation"! Phyllis was given the explanation of her father the Bernie Maddolf like white collar criminal and the family who
    turned" on her when they believed the father. Even the child Avery was made the big ole meanie because like most children she believed her mommy and daddy!

Dru, was given the poor little waif who ran away and couldn't read s/l as an explanation for her motives/behaviors etc.

And even Nikki was given some character development with her mom dying when she was young, her daddy was an alkie who tried to rape her, and a busy career minded sister who didn't have time for her. This expalins alot about Nikki's character development and when she fell from her horse and lost a baby she devloped a dependacy on alcohol/pills similiar to her daddy!

I could go on but I'll stop!

Oh, and by the way both Victoria and Nick as childen of an alcoholic both chose mates who have an addiction or illness!
    They are co-dependent like many children of acoholics are. Very good character development IMO!

TPTB have said numerous times why Sharon was given the bipolar illness/disease/disorder and it is for expanation and not an excuse as none of the others are given excuses..........just expanations its part of character development!

#7   2014/04/28 04:03PM
    FL senior fan

Why all bold, Clic fan?

Anyway....I say leave Victor as manipulative and evil as he is because that creates exciting storylines. We can't have everything rosy, it would be boring. Guess it wouldn't hurt for him to have some pain however. I think Nikki is so hurt she might take that boat trip herself! Victor needs a hobby or more work hours so he won't have time to stick his nose into all the family personal business.

#8   2014/04/28 04:04PM
    LSMo

Quote clicquot1:
    Quote SLEUTH: everyone's crap list. Since sweet little likable Sharon has been given a pass for her criminal activity all in the name of an illness...send Victor to a shrink--I am sure with all of his abandonment issues there is some alphabet label they can diagnose him as having and therefore explain away all of his deeds in the name of illness.

IMO, Victor will NEVER get another "explanation" for his behavior because he has already been given one and that is he does EVERYTHING for FAMILY!

Now, the "reason" he feels this way is of course because what happened to him in his childhood........daddy leaving the family and mommy being so poor she couldn't afford to feed, clothe, and house all three of them(herself/Victor/baby Matt)so off she went to the orphanage on Christmas Even and dropped him off!

This caused Victor to do whatever it takes to hold onto his family danged the consequences! He in his own opinion must Protect them from everyone because he himself wasn't protected from his own family!

Victor himself had NO CONTROL so he must have absolute CONTROL and he will use his considerable power, wealth, and influemce to see that he CONTROL'S evry aspect of the family he loves whether they like it or not!

He always believes he is doing the right thing mo matter who it hurts, who ends up dead, or even when it blows up in his face!

Nope, he's not gonna get a mental illness!

Some character have alcoholism or pills as their "explanation"! Phyllis was given the explanation of her father the Bernie Maddolf like white collar criminal and the family who
    turned" on her when they believed the father. Even the child Avery was made the big ole meanie because like most children she believed her mommy and daddy!

Dru, was given the poor little waif who ran away and couldn't read s/l as an explanation for her motives/behaviors etc.

And even Nikki was given some character development with her mom dying when she was young, her daddy was an alkie who tried to rape her, and a busy career minded sister who didn't have time for her. This expalins alot about Nikki's character development and when she fell from her horse and lost a baby she devloped a dependacy on alcohol/pills similiar to her daddy!

I could go on but I'll stop!

Oh, and by the way both Victoria and Nick as childen of an alcoholic both chose mates who have an addiction or illness!
    They are co-dependent like many children of acoholics are. Very good character development IMO!

TPTB have said numerous times why Sharon was given the bipolar illness/disease/disorder and it is for expanation and not an excuse as none of the others are given excuses..........just expanations its part of character development!

what great insight into all those characters, very well thought out.

#9   2014/04/28 04:11PM
    clicquot1

Quote FL senior fan: Why all bold, Clic fan?Anyway....I say leave Victor as manipulative and evil as he is because that creates exciting storylines. We can't have everything rosy, it would be boring. Guess it wouldn't hurt for him to have some pain however. I think Nikki is so hurt she might take that boat trip herself! Victor needs a hobby or more work hours so he won't have time to stick his nose into all the family personal business.

It is my tribute or a way to remember one of my favorite posters who more often that not bolded all of her postings!

Do you remember OREO123 who passed away?

R.I.P. Oreo and your beloved pet(oreo)who passed by her side!

#10   2014/04/28 04:50PM
    habbyfan

Quote clicquot1:
    Quote FL senior fan: Why all bold, Clic fan?Anyway....I say leave Victor as manipulative and evil as he is because that creates exciting storylines. We can't have everything rosy, it would be boring. Guess it wouldn't hurt for him to have some pain however. I think Nikki is so hurt she might take that boat trip herself! Victor needs a hobby or more work hours so he won't have time to stick his nose into all the family personal business.

It is my tribute or a way to remember one of my favorite posters who more often that not bolded all of her postings!

Do you remember OREO123 who passed away?

R.I.P. Oreo and your beloved pet(oreo)who passed by her side!

They did give him epilepsy don't forget ...

Everyone felt sorry for him ...

He always does get a pass because he was a self made man and nobody gave him anything ...

We have heard that story many many times ...

page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list