List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

The Young and the Restless - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: The Young and the Restless Forum :: Doris...

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

Doris...

Started by twocentsworth at 2014/04/27 06:20PM
    Latest post: 2014/04/28 05:37PM, Views: 2513, Replies: 34
    « 1 2 3 4 page:
    #31   2014/04/28 05:06PM
    Re: Doris...
    Jackie10

Quote twocentsworth:
    Quote valleycliffe:
    Quote APRIL JOY: I think ShAron was driving the car and Doris end up in the wheelchair.I think Doris blames Sharon for more than putting her in the wheelchair.we know nothing of Sharon father.I love to see that come to light who Sharon father was.I always wanted him to be very rich and never knew about Sharon but when he finds out he is there for her in every way.

NO, she wasn't. It was a very stormy night and Doris was out driving around trying to find Sharon and stop her from being with her bf frank that night when the accident occurred. It was also the night cassie was conceived. I also think sharon DID pay victor back. she worked at 2 part time jobs while still attending hs and maintaining her 4.0 gpa.

I recalled, but may have been wrong, that Sharon's debt to Victor was wiped clean when she became Mrs. Nick Newman...but I do remember her working very hard to try to repay Victor for his setting up for Doris' operation. Sadly it wasn't successful. I thought Sharon was out somewhere with her bf Frank Barrett (I think that was his name) when Doris had her accident. It seemed later that she did put in on Sharon since that's the reason she left to find her that night. Who is Sharon's father???? Has anything ever been said or implied on him? Was Doris always a single mom? Was she ever married?

Sharon worked paid Victor back every penny. I recall him commenting about it at one point. That is why he had so much respect for her in the beginning and treated her so well. Then his jealousy ruined things between them.

#32   2014/04/28 05:20PM
    twocentsworth

Quote PurrrrrrrKitty: I have always liked Doris.. I got the feeling she had a hard life.. then the accident that was caused by Sharon put her in a wheelchair... but I never got the feeling she
    blamed Sharon.. but she is "firm" and had a girl that was rather wild.... But mostly, she reminded Sharon that just because she went from "rags to riches"..she did not have to become a Newman.. nor kiss their feet to please them. However, Doris was always grateful that Victor paid for her operation. There is NOOOO way that Sharon could repay Victor.. it cost too much.. Oh, she may have tried.. but that was impossible... Doris and Victor understand each other.. both have had a tough row in life.

Let's not forget, Sharon went after Nick .. and Doris knew that.

It might be intersting to find out more about Doris's background.. but I am not sure. Unless there is something juicy.. why bother?

Yessssss, I remember, Doris gave Sharon the choice to come home or not.. Sharon has obviouisly decided that the Newman's are more important than her Mother.

Sharon "does not" like to hear the "truth" which is what Doris always told her and never sugar coated.

I always thought they planned for Sharon to replace Nikki... both blonde and beautiful.. poor back ground etc.

Sharon is a necessity in the show.. therefore I like her.
    She is definitely the "next" generation.

Some parts of your post seem to be the way I recalled things as well. I do remember that Doris convinced the 16 yr old pregnant Sharon to give her baby up for adoption after she had her (Cassie) because Doris was still trying to raise the (sometimes wild) still young herself Sharon, and couldn't also raise a baby or help Sharon raise a baby. This is even in the cast list under Doris' character name. She was hard on Sharon and always referred to her or called her, "girl" before she said something "parental" to her. Sharon, it seems chose the Newmans over her own Mother.

#33   2014/04/28 05:32PM
    habbyfan

I didn't dislike Doris ... I thought her character had a hard life ... she was a single Mom ... it was never explained who her father was ...

I don't think Sharon was a wild child as someone else posted ... I think she was a typical teenaged girl ... pushed the envelope ... that is not unusual ...

I have always wondered why she was not given a family ... like everyone else ...

#34   2014/04/28 05:34PM
    calliope

Quote Jackie10:
    Quote twocentsworth:
    Quote valleycliffe:
    Quote APRIL JOY: I think ShAron was driving the car and Doris end up in the wheelchair.I think Doris blames Sharon for more than putting her in the wheelchair.we know nothing of Sharon father.I love to see that come to light who Sharon father was.I always wanted him to be very rich and never knew about Sharon but when he finds out he is there for her in every way.

NO, she wasn't. It was a very stormy night and Doris was out driving around trying to find Sharon and stop her from being with her bf frank that night when the accident occurred. It was also the night cassie was conceived. I also think sharon DID pay victor back. she worked at 2 part time jobs while still attending hs and maintaining her 4.0 gpa.

I recalled, but may have been wrong, that Sharon's debt to Victor was wiped clean when she became Mrs. Nick Newman...but I do remember her working very hard to try to repay Victor for his setting up for Doris' operation. Sadly it wasn't successful. I thought Sharon was out somewhere with her bf Frank Barrett (I think that was his name) when Doris had her accident. It seemed later that she did put in on Sharon since that's the reason she left to find her that night. Who is Sharon's father???? Has anything ever been said or implied on him? Was Doris always a single mom? Was she ever married?

Sharon worked paid Victor back every penny. I recall him commenting about it at one point. That is why he had so much respect for her in the beginning and treated her so well. Then his jealousy ruined things between them.

Jackie you remember details really well but I do think you are wrong on this. Sharon working at probably minimum wage could never have paid Vic back for a very expensive surgery and rehab. I recall it was forgiven by Victor after she was married and "family".

#35   2014/04/28 05:37PM
    twocentsworth

Quote calliope:
    Quote Jackie10:
    Quote twocentsworth:
    Quote valleycliffe:

Jackie you remember details really well but I do think you are wrong on this. Sharon working at probably minimum wage could never have paid Vic back for a very expensive surgery and rehab. I recall it was forgiven by Victor after she was married and "family".

I agree. This is how I also recall it. The surgery was supposed to be by the "best doctors in the country" and cost hundreds of thousands of dollars. No way a student working 2 PT jobs could ever repay the debt. I also remember that when Sharon became a Newman Victor forgave the debt and Sharon cried (happy tears). Doris' surgery was unsuccessful though and she remained in the wheelchair, never to walk again.

« 1 2 3 4 page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list