List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

The Young and the Restless - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: The Young and the Restless Forum :: Doris...

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

Doris...

Started by twocentsworth at 2014/04/27 06:20PM
    Latest post: 2014/04/28 05:37PM, Views: 2540, Replies: 34
    « 1 2 3 4 » »| page:
    #21   2014/04/28 12:33PM
    Re: Doris...
    calliope

And then those of us who have never liked Sharon from day one are told we are wrong, she has always been a sweet, kind person. Pssssh!

#22   2014/04/28 12:48PM
    villyforever55

Quote calliope: And then those of us who have never liked Sharon from day one are told we are wrong, she has always been a sweet, kind person. Pssssh!

I can honestly say that I have never liked Sharon from day 1 and I'm fine with it.

#23   2014/04/28 12:55PM
    Sonni

Sharon paid Victor back for the operation. I remember the episode when she did so quite distinctly.

#24   2014/04/28 12:58PM
    Sonni

Quote 77RestlessFan:
    Quote sjogirl:
    Quote 77RestlessFan:
    Quote LSMo:
    Quote georgebailey: What little Doris has been on imo shows a shallow bitter woman. IMO, she never showed support for Sharon or understanding. Unfortunate she had an accident that left her in a wheel chair. Sharon did not put her there, an accident happened. Sharon imo always showed guilt for what happened to her mother while Sharon was a teen. Teenagers are immature and make mistakes, even more so when they are in a home without support and love. I think Doris was hard woman, maybe she never wanted to be a mother. Maybe she did have an affair with Ian. All I ever recall about Sharon's father was, that he ran off. Doris is a boring character imo, not sure what she ever added to any storyine.

Your post is very accurate..Doris was a very cold mother..she was bitter and showed no love whatsoever for her daughter..Sharon tried hard to be a good daughter, but nothing was ever good enough for Doris...

Doris was not as cold mother. Doris told Sharon what she needed to be told. She didn't coddle Sharon and tell her she was right when she was wrong. She did what any good parent would do. She tried to straighten Sharon out. That was her job as a parent. Sharon was head strong and wouldn't listen and she knew her mother was right, that is why she would get so angry. Sharon wanted her mother to tell her what she wanted to hear and to excuse her bad behavior. That is why Sharon always wanted to stay away from her mother and not tell her what was going on. Sharon knew she was wrong and knew her mother would tell her that. Sharon always accused her mother of not being on her side because she wouldn't tell Sharon what she wanted to hear. Sharon was a wayward teen that wanted to screw around and anything else she wanted to do and her mother was trying to keep her in line. That is what Doris should have done. She was a parent trying to be a good parent and do her job. Sharon just wanted to run wild.

I disagree 77restless fan, tough love is still administered with love and is the hardest thing a parent has to do...IMO, Doris always seemed to revel in the fact that she was right when Sharon would screw up instead of genuinely wanting her to learn from her mistakes...she just comes off bitter, not like she REALLY wants what is best for Sharon. IMO. I am curious if that is what the writers intended for us to glean from the Doris character.

I think Doris was always worried about Sharon because Sharon would not listen and with Doris being in a wheel chair she wasn't in a position to do a lot to control Sharon. When a teen gets out of control there are many times when harsh words are exchanged because the parents get scared and upset that the teen won't listen. They see the hand writing on the wall and are trying desperately to save them from hurt. That doesn't mean they don't love the kid. In fact the easiest thing in the world would be to agree with everything they do and excuse them when they are wrong. Doris was doing the best she could. Doris is not a psychiatrist, she was a poor hard working single mother doing the best she could. Sharon wanted to be spoiled, coddled and consoled. She didn't want to face her bad behavior and try to do right, she wanted a permissive 'yes' person for a parent so she would not be held accountable, just like now.

Doris was disabled and did not work; however, Sharon held a job along with going to school.

#25   2014/04/28 01:04PM
    Jakx

Maybe Ian is Sharon's dad ..... With Doris .... And maybe faux Cassie is Ian's child as well with another woman ....or maybe his grand daughter ????

#26   2014/04/28 01:04PM
    77RestlessFan

Quote Sonni:
    Quote 77RestlessFan:
    Quote sjogirl:
    Quote 77RestlessFan:
    Quote LSMo:
    Quote georgebailey: What little Doris has been on imo shows a shallow bitter woman. IMO, she never showed support for Sharon or understanding. Unfortunate she had an accident that left her in a wheel chair. Sharon did not put her there, an accident happened. Sharon imo always showed guilt for what happened to her mother while Sharon was a teen. Teenagers are immature and make mistakes, even more so when they are in a home without support and love. I think Doris was hard woman, maybe she never wanted to be a mother. Maybe she did have an affair with Ian. All I ever recall about Sharon's father was, that he ran off. Doris is a boring character imo, not sure what she ever added to any storyine.

Your post is very accurate..Doris was a very cold mother..she was bitter and showed no love whatsoever for her daughter..Sharon tried hard to be a good daughter, but nothing was ever good enough for Doris...

Doris was not as cold mother. Doris told Sharon what she needed to be told. She didn't coddle Sharon and tell her she was right when she was wrong. She did what any good parent would do. She tried to straighten Sharon out. That was her job as a parent. Sharon was head strong and wouldn't listen and she knew her mother was right, that is why she would get so angry. Sharon wanted her mother to tell her what she wanted to hear and to excuse her bad behavior. That is why Sharon always wanted to stay away from her mother and not tell her what was going on. Sharon knew she was wrong and knew her mother would tell her that. Sharon always accused her mother of not being on her side because she wouldn't tell Sharon what she wanted to hear. Sharon was a wayward teen that wanted to screw around and anything else she wanted to do and her mother was trying to keep her in line. That is what Doris should have done. She was a parent trying to be a good parent and do her job. Sharon just wanted to run wild.

I disagree 77restless fan, tough love is still administered with love and is the hardest thing a parent has to do...IMO, Doris always seemed to revel in the fact that she was right when Sharon would screw up instead of genuinely wanting her to learn from her mistakes...she just comes off bitter, not like she REALLY wants what is best for Sharon. IMO. I am curious if that is what the writers intended for us to glean from the Doris character.

I think Doris was always worried about Sharon because Sharon would not listen and with Doris being in a wheel chair she wasn't in a position to do a lot to control Sharon. When a teen gets out of control there are many times when harsh words are exchanged because the parents get scared and upset that the teen won't listen. They see the hand writing on the wall and are trying desperately to save them from hurt. That doesn't mean they don't love the kid. In fact the easiest thing in the world would be to agree with everything they do and excuse them when they are wrong. Doris was doing the best she could. Doris is not a psychiatrist, she was a poor hard working single mother doing the best she could. Sharon wanted to be spoiled, coddled and consoled. She didn't want to face her bad behavior and try to do right, she wanted a permissive 'yes' person for a parent so she would not be held accountable, just like now.

Doris was disabled and did not work; however, Sharon held a job along with going to school.

Doris was working before she had the accident, she couldn't work afterward. In the beginning she was working to support herself and Sharon. Sharon had a job after school as many teens do.

#27   2014/04/28 01:10PM
    PurrrrrrrKitty

I have always liked Doris.. I got the feeling she had a hard life.. then the accident that was caused by Sharon put her in a wheelchair... but I never got the feeling she
    blamed Sharon.. but she is "firm" and had a girl that was rather wild.... But mostly, she reminded Sharon that just because she went from "rags to riches"..she did not have to become a Newman.. nor kiss their feet to please them. However, Doris was always grateful that Victor paid for her operation. There is NOOOO way that Sharon could repay Victor.. it cost too much.. Oh, she may have tried.. but that was impossible... Doris and Victor understand each other.. both have had a tough row in life.

Let's not forget, Sharon went after Nick .. and Doris knew that.

It might be intersting to find out more about Doris's background.. but I am not sure. Unless there is something juicy.. why bother?

Yessssss, I remember, Doris gave Sharon the choice to come home or not.. Sharon has obviouisly decided that the Newman's are more important than her Mother.

Sharon "does not" like to hear the "truth" which is what Doris always told her and never sugar coated.

I always thought they planned for Sharon to replace Nikki... both blonde and beautiful.. poor back ground etc.

Sharon is a necessity in the show.. therefore I like her.
    She is definitely the "next" generation.

#28   2014/04/28 01:33PM
    Graceee

ITA!

#29   2014/04/28 01:35PM
    KeepingItReal

Quote PurrrrrrrKitty: I have always liked Doris.. I got the feeling she had a hard life.. then the accident that was caused by Sharon put her in a wheelchair... but I never got the feeling she
    blamed Sharon.. but she is "firm" and had a girl that was rather wild.... But mostly, she reminded Sharon that just because she went from "rags to riches"..she did not have to become a Newman.. nor kiss their feet to please them. However, Doris was always grateful that Victor paid for her operation. There is NOOOO way that Sharon could repay Victor.. it cost too much.. Oh, she may have tried.. but that was impossible... Doris and Victor understand each other.. both have had a tough row in life.

Let's not forget, Sharon went after Nick .. and Doris knew that.

It might be intersting to find out more about Doris's background.. but I am not sure. Unless there is something juicy.. why bother?

Yessssss, I remember, Doris gave Sharon the choice to come home or not.. Sharon has obviouisly decided that the Newman's are more important than her Mother.

Sharon "does not" like to hear the "truth" which is what Doris always told her and never sugar coated.

I always thought they planned for Sharon to replace Nikki... both blonde and beautiful.. poor back ground etc.

Sharon is a necessity in the show.. therefore I like her.
    She is definitely the "next" generation.

Great post and spot on!

Keep keeping it real!

#30   2014/04/28 01:48PM
    Mstc

I can't remember when I last saw Doris on screen, seems like Sharon went to Madison to visit and was not happy with whatever Doris had too say to her. She left and as we far as I can remember has never looked back. I remember Doris as someone who was resigned to her lot in life and Sharon sought something better. She, I believe is older than Nick.

« 1 2 3 4 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list