List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

The Young and the Restless - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: The Young and the Restless Forum :: Doris...

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

Doris...

Started by twocentsworth at 2014/04/27 06:20PM
    Latest post: 2014/04/28 05:37PM, Views: 2474, Replies: 34
    1 2 3 4 » »| page:
    #1   2014/04/27 06:20PM
    Doris...
    twocentsworth

What do you think about Doris?

Where is Doris, Sharon's Mother? Sharon has a mental breakdown, she's seeing Cassie (real or imagined), undergoes electric shock treatments, she may need some help with Faith...where is her supportive Mother Doris?????? What is Doris' background? I recall when she was first on scene as being in a wheelchair. Sharon was very young, probably high school and had met Nick, who may have been a little older. Sharon borrowed money from Victor (richest man in town) to have her Mother Doris have an operation to let her walk again. She vowed to pay back every penny to Victor. For a while, she made small payments to him from her job (idk what the jobs were, can't recall). The operation wasn't successful (no matter that Victor knows all the best doctors money can buy). When Sharon married Nick, he forgave her debt. Doris remained in a wheelchair. She interacted just short times with Sharon and usually they argued and Doris seemed to "toughen" her up but sounded like she belittled Sharon. I don't recall their relationship being too close. But, time has gone by and should "heal all wounds"...you'd think bygones could be bygones. Was Sharon responsible for Doris' accident? Does Doris resent Sharon? She didn't like Adam being around Sharon, I don't think.

What do you all think about Doris?

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2014/04/27 06:22PM
    #2   2014/04/27 08:38PM
    Re: Doris...
    APRIL JOY

I think ShAron was driving the car and Doris end up in the wheelchair.I think Doris blames Sharon for more than putting her in the wheelchair.we know nothing of Sharon father.I love to see that come to light who Sharon father was.I always wanted him to be very rich and never knew about Sharon but when he finds out he is there for her in every way.

#3   2014/04/28 07:33AM
    habbyfan

Quote APRIL JOY: I think ShAron was driving the car and Doris end up in the wheelchair.I think Doris blames Sharon for more than putting her in the wheelchair.we know nothing of Sharon father.I love to see that come to light who Sharon father was.I always wanted him to be very rich and never knew about Sharon but when he finds out he is there for her in every way.

Me too April, I have I have always wanted her to have a family.

#4   2014/04/28 08:08AM
    valleycliffe

Quote APRIL JOY: I think ShAron was driving the car and Doris end up in the wheelchair.I think Doris blames Sharon for more than putting her in the wheelchair.we know nothing of Sharon father.I love to see that come to light who Sharon father was.I always wanted him to be very rich and never knew about Sharon but when he finds out he is there for her in every way.

NO, she wasn't. It was a very stormy night and Doris was out driving around trying to find Sharon and stop her from being with her bf frank that night when the accident occurred. It was also the night cassie was conceived. I also think sharon DID pay victor back. she worked at 2 part time jobs while still attending hs and maintaining her 4.0 gpa.

#5   2014/04/28 08:18AM
    twocentsworth

Quote valleycliffe:

NO, she wasn't. It was a very stormy night and Doris was out driving around trying to find Sharon and stop her from being with her bf frank that night when the accident occurred. It was also the night cassie was conceived. I also think sharon DID pay victor back. she worked at 2 part time jobs while still attending hs and maintaining her 4.0 gpa.

I recalled, but may have been wrong, that Sharon's debt to Victor was wiped clean when she became Mrs. Nick Newman...but I do remember her working very hard to try to repay Victor for his setting up for Doris' operation. Sadly it wasn't successful. I thought Sharon was out somewhere with her bf Frank Barrett (I think that was his name) when Doris had her accident. It seemed later that she did put in on Sharon since that's the reason she left to find her that night. Who is Sharon's father???? Has anything ever been said or implied on him? Was Doris always a single mom? Was she ever married?

#6   2014/04/28 08:36AM
    calliope

In earlier years we saw Doris off and on. I never had the impression they had a really good mother daughter relationship. I think Sharon never quite lived up to Doris's standards as a teen and as an adult most of the conversations we saw had Doris admonishing or lecturing about one thing or another. When Sharon married Nick she became a Newman and in her mind was no longer a Collins. I don't know what the problem was between them. Doris is rather harsh but she has had a tough time. The last I remember seeing her was when Sharon was on the run and went to see her mother. Doris turned her away telling her she was doing the wrong thing.
    I wonder if Doris had a child before Sharon and gave it up. That could be how the look alike figures in.

#7   2014/04/28 08:48AM
    KeepingItReal

You know I never understood why Doris her mother who is in a wheelchair bacause of her daughter always got looked down on.....

At least not by this viewer.

Dorris was as "single" mother and did the best she could consider she was also handicapped due to tragic situations.

Yes, she showed Sharon "tough" love and didn't skin her teeth with her and commend her on her "bad behaviour".

When she did come back last year or the year before....she asked Sharon to come home with her and that her room was still there, in tact and to "stop trying to be a Newman".

Yes the conversation was "very telling".

Sharon Mom never raised her voice to her daughter just tried to reason with her.

Sharon then proceeded to yell at her Mother in the wheelchair telling her she never understood blah blah blah like a spoiled brat!! Who has not respect for her "only" Mother who raised her on her "own".

After the tongue lashing Sharon gave her Mother.....her mother "wheeled" herself over the the little side table and left the house keys on the table and told her.....the door is always open if she wants to come home.

I've always liked Doris.....Sharon as a daughter is very rude! Never speak to your parents in that tone....much less parent that is in a wheel chair.

Talk about being abusive the the disabled! Verbally abusive that is.

PS: Why should Dorris support "bad behavour".....Sorry, she a mother first....and if it means taking a "stance" sobeit.

#8   2014/04/28 09:08AM
    georgebailey

What little Doris has been on imo shows a shallow bitter woman. IMO, she never showed support for Sharon or understanding. Unfortunate she had an accident that left her in a wheel chair. Sharon did not put her there, an accident happened. Sharon imo always showed guilt for what happened to her mother while Sharon was a teen. Teenagers are immature and make mistakes, even more so when they are in a home without support and love. I think Doris was hard woman, maybe she never wanted to be a mother. Maybe she did have an affair with Ian. All I ever recall about Sharon's father was, that he ran off. Doris is a boring character imo, not sure what she ever added to any storyine.

#9   2014/04/28 09:21AM
    LSMo

Quote georgebailey: What little Doris has been on imo shows a shallow bitter woman. IMO, she never showed support for Sharon or understanding. Unfortunate she had an accident that left her in a wheel chair. Sharon did not put her there, an accident happened. Sharon imo always showed guilt for what happened to her mother while Sharon was a teen. Teenagers are immature and make mistakes, even more so when they are in a home without support and love. I think Doris was hard woman, maybe she never wanted to be a mother. Maybe she did have an affair with Ian. All I ever recall about Sharon's father was, that he ran off. Doris is a boring character imo, not sure what she ever added to any storyine.

Your post is very accurate..Doris was a very cold mother..she was bitter and showed no love whatsoever for her daughter..Sharon tried hard to be a good daughter, but nothing was ever good enough for Doris...

#10   2014/04/28 09:22AM
    twocentsworth

Replying to KeepingItReal and to georgebailey, first gb: I agree Doris is a hard woman and I also wonder who Sharon's father is and if Doris had a fling with Ian Ward also.

To KeepingItReal: I love, love, love your response and your insight!!! You recall a lot of details and so many that I actually remember now that exact scene with Sharon and her Mom. Their last on-screen together and what she said to her about her room and coming home if she ever wanted. Also, just how harsh Sharon was to her wheel-chair-bound mother. Harsh indeed! Here's to keeping it real, for real.

1 2 3 4 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list