List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

The Young and the Restless - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: The Young and the Restless Forum :: Cady Needs to Go

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

Cady Needs to Go

Started by Pez1 at 2014/04/27 08:18AM
    Latest post: 2014/04/28 09:36AM, Views: 2765, Replies: 37
    « 1 2 3 4 » »| page:
    #21   2014/04/27 02:26PM
    Re: Cady Needs to Go
    PurrrrrrrKitty

Quote memaa7: The writers did a 180 degree turn with this character Kelly. IMO they should have gradually changed her. She went from nutzie to a movie buff in one day!! Come on REALLY!

The character of Kelly was to be a short stay.. but TPTB changed their minds.. but CW had another commitment and had to leave.. she played Kelly with a hard edge and very bitter. I had never seen her but thought she was a great actress.. I know this actress from ATWT.. and I think she is WONDERFUL.. she is there for Jack.. not Billy. When a recast is done.. there is always a major change in the character. Since they have kept Kelly, they have decided to go into a different direction with the character.. I like it and I also like her very much. She and Jack are excellent together..

#22   2014/04/27 02:27PM
    rancher

IMO, the new Kelly is too happy, too serene, too nice. The writers have dropped the ball here. She should be similar to the other Kelly; they could have made a gradual change to show her new attitude. Having this actress create such a different character is not only unreal, but stupid.

I don't care about either actress, but I do think the character should have been carefully and deliberately and cleverly modified.

#23   2014/04/27 02:36PM
    PurrrrrrrKitty

Quote rancher: IMO, the new Kelly is too happy, too serene, too nice. The writers have dropped the ball here. She should be similar to the other Kelly; they could have made a gradual change to show her new attitude. Having this actress create such a different character is not only unreal, but stupid.

I don't care about either actress, but I do think the character should have been carefully and deliberately and cleverly modified.

They recast Jack after Terry Lester played the role for 10 years.. PB changed the character entirely.. he made Jack grow up.. it wss a big change for us.. but it was time for Jack to grow up and we eventualy fell in love with PB's portrayal. The great genius Bill Bell did that.

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2014/04/27 02:38PM
    #24   2014/04/27 02:43PM
    Feliciena

I liked the old Kelly at the end because she was no longer the bad person she once portrayed. I'm very happy that they chose Cady as the recast as I loved her on AMC especially with Tad. I do like her with Jack so now I just as soon have Phyllis stay gone. Even though Jack loves Phyllis, she never seemed in love with him. She loved him more as a friend. I do wonder who Stitch killed, I doubt it was murder but it will enough to send Victoria back to Billy. If Victoria is pregnant, I do think Billy will be the father.

#25   2014/04/27 03:42PM
    Mstc

I love Cady as Kelly. Peter and Cady have great chemistry. It has been a really long time since I have felt supercouple. But Cliff and Dixie, (AMC) are going to own it.

#26   2014/04/27 03:46PM
    Mstc

I agree, Cady is more than up to the task. She and Peter are hot.

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2014/04/27 03:51PM
    #27   2014/04/27 04:26PM
    marilynv

Quote canukfan: I certainly did not like the "old" Kelly. She was such a downer to watch, crying, trying to get sympathy all the time. New Kelly is such a better character, much more down to earth and friendly. She is a much better match to Jack and she certainly looks younger. The original Kelly was shown as a little nuts, not sure if they are going to drop the crazy in this character, or it comes out more when she gets Jack hooked on her. She will also be a good Phyllis replacement - same kind of character. I think this is a good new storyline since MS went on to greener pastures.

MS went onto greener pastures...Phyllis did not. Why do people keep confusing the actor w/the character they play??

#28   2014/04/27 04:30PM
    Soapnutdeluxe

Totally agree with SoapFan that CM is talented and great with PB! She is totally rebuilding the character's persona beautifully! I have to agree with posters that don't or didn't care for the original Kelly...and it really wasn't CW's fault but the storyline and writers! This NEW Kelly is one I really like!!!

#29   2014/04/27 04:35PM
    villyforever55

Quote Soapnutdeluxe: Totally agree with SoapFan that CM is talented and great with PB! She is totally rebuilding the character's persona beautifully! I have to agree with posters that don't or didn't care for the original Kelly...and it really wasn't CW's fault but the storyline and writers! This NEW Kelly is one I really like!!!

What did the character of Kelly do other can get a new face, take a 'happy' pill?

#30   2014/04/27 04:53PM
    missing atwt

I'm liking the new Kelly . Loved Cady on ATWT . Her and PB have great chemistry .

« 1 2 3 4 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list