List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

The Young and the Restless - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: The Young and the Restless Forum :: What was, is, should be: matches & mismatches

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

What was, is, should be: matches & mismatches

Started by yrn33 at 2014/04/03 09:55PM
    Latest post: 2014/04/04 03:21PM, Views: 425, Replies: 2
    page:
    #1   2014/04/03 09:55PM
    What was, is, should be: matches & mismatches
    yrn33

With the departures over the last year or so of interesting actors Billy Miller and Marcy Rylan, my focused attention on Y & R has all too often turned to yawns and running the DVR back in only 30 minutes due to fast forwards.

Marcy's Abby with her wit and personality should have kept her on a different track than her replacement...I think Marcy's Abby would have been even more of a mismatch (very little in common, simply PC writers ramroding a relationship doomed to be short lived down our throats) with Tyler than the current "skinny legs & all" Abby is.

I think it is virtually unanimous that the paycheck gods made a huge mistake in letting Miller go. He and Victoria had real chemistry, in spite of his screwups. This new guy, the kid brother of the one who played Victoria previously, just doesn't deserve Vicki - another sad mismatch. He seems to be wimpier than even Kevin, who seems to be gathering some manliness in his quest to win Chloe back and become a happy couple. Although I would think her hookup with Stitch probably won't last when Victoria realizes she misses Billy, it would be much more believable if Miller was still in that role. It wouldn't bother me if "this" Billy ended up with Kelly and Stitch/Ben with Vickie.

Thinking back to when Nick was engaged to Avery, my preference for her quickly evolved back to Dylan when Nick demonstrated how totally dumb and boneheaded he was, the climax being when he didn't stop summer from about to date and/or copulate with her half brother...geez.

So now that Nick is back with Sharon, they are apparently meant for each other -- the goofball and the wacko.

Leslie should just hang out with her "not the marryin' type Leslie until he finds someone more in common with his player-oriented style and refusal to get rid of an "ex" once and for all...whatever is happening with her?

And I'm starting to think that Jill might as well stay with Cane's Daddy, as they are both nutty as fruitcakes.

That leaves Victor & Nicki, Michael & Lauren (will he be rearing crumb crunchers again?), Paul & Christine, Cane & Lily. And will Neil rob the cradle with Brit or come to his senses? What will Jack do, don't think Kelly would do, and Phyllis won't wake up unless the writers invent more magic. Oh, and Noah should jettison that dumb blonde cop, as she doesn't impress me whether undercover or in uniform.

#2   2014/04/03 10:40PM
    Re: What was, is, should be: matches & mismatches
    Ruby and Teddy

Quote yrn33: With the departures over the last year or so of interesting actors Billy Miller and Marcy Rylan, my focused attention on Y & R has all too often turned to yawns and running the DVR back in only 30 minutes due to fast forwards.

Marcy's Abby with her wit and personality should have kept her on a different track than her replacement...I think Marcy's Abby would have been even more of a mismatch (very little in common, simply PC writers ramroding a relationship doomed to be short lived down our throats) with Tyler than the current "skinny legs & all" Abby is.

I think it is virtually unanimous that the paycheck gods made a huge mistake in letting Miller go. He and Victoria had real chemistry, in spite of his screwups. This new guy, the kid brother of the one who played Victoria previously, just doesn't deserve Vicki - another sad mismatch. He seems to be wimpier than even Kevin, who seems to be gathering some manliness in his quest to win Chloe back and become a happy couple. Although I would think her hookup with Stitch probably won't last when Victoria realizes she misses Billy, it would be much more believable if Miller was still in that role. It wouldn't bother me if "this" Billy ended up with Kelly and Stitch/Ben with Vickie.

Thinking back to when Nick was engaged to Avery, my preference for her quickly evolved back to Dylan when Nick demonstrated how totally dumb and boneheaded he was, the climax being when he didn't stop summer from about to date and/or copulate with her half brother...geez.

So now that Nick is back with Sharon, they are apparently meant for each other -- the goofball and the wacko.

Leslie should just hang out with her "not the marryin' type Leslie until he finds someone more in common with his player-oriented style and refusal to get rid of an "ex" once and for all...whatever is happening with her?

And I'm starting to think that Jill might as well stay with Cane's Daddy, as they are both nutty as fruitcakes.

That leaves Victor & Nicki, Michael & Lauren (will he be rearing crumb crunchers again?), Paul & Christine, Cane & Lily. And will Neil rob the cradle with Brit or come to his senses? What will Jack do, don't think Kelly would do, and Phyllis won't wake up unless the writers invent more magic. Oh, and Noah should jettison that dumb blonde cop, as she doesn't impress me whether undercover or in uniform.

I agree with you altogether plus there is so much more this regime has completely misunderstood. I don’t think these untalented writers/untalented producers/untalented directors/etc., really understand the total mismatches they have made and the deep impact all of this has on the viewers. It’s not just the mismatches but I have to include their non-creative writings with along with no excitement, boring, slow-going, superficial storylines with no action – just wordy segments of no interest. I don’t mean to be sarcastic, but these writers seem to be amateurish and immature in their thoughts of what a good soap should be. If they would only review the story telling of Y&R shows of earlier years and learn from them, which includes the wardrobes, hair & makeup as well. I don’t think they would as they probably think that in today’s world they really have what it takes.

#3   2014/04/04 03:21PM
    Re: What was, is, should be: matches & mismatches
    yrn33

Good observations!

I meant Tyler should hang out with sister Leslie, not "Leslie with Leslie", by the way

page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list