List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

The Young and the Restless - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: The Young and the Restless Forum :: Re-opening anti-character zones.

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

CLOSED: Re-opening anti-character zones.

Started by Soaps Admin at 2014/04/03 12:37PM
    Latest post: 2014/04/04 01:26PM, Views: 3964, Replies: 86
    « 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 » »| page:
    #71   2014/04/04 10:57AM
    Re: Re-opening anti-character zones.
    kyun

Quote trinilisa:
    Quote laurie6:
    Quote Jackie10:
    Quote laurie6: I think it's great that the bash threads were reopened, This board should be for everyone and not cater to one side. I don't know why all of a sudden the character bashing is a problem it has been happening for years on this board.

It has never been the bashing of characters that was the problem. Its the actor/actress bashing and the fan base bashing along with some poster bashing. And the fact that most who make threads want to have a decent debate about their subject with out Sharon being brought up and trashed in ever thread. Maybe worse things were said about Phyllis but there was much worse things said about SC then Phyllis or Sharon Newman combined.

Taking care of the offenders who start the baiting and trash talk that leads to actor/actress bashing is the only way to end it.

To me there is nothing wrong with disliking a character but there is no need for vulgar offensive language, talking about ones face, hair or clothes on a daily basis as this is the actors personal appearance. The hair dresser himself said several times SC did not wear hair extensions ever. Yet she was beat to death by post after post about it. What was the point in that? To start fights. I for one am glad that there is not as much baiting and trash talk and I hope it does not return. I used to come on the board and visit and post daily now I may read a few and post in one and thats it.

The message board is supposed to be fun. A place where you can debate, give your views and see things from someone else's perspective. When you cant make a post with out a rude reply something is wrong.

I agree about the actor/actress bashing but I disagree about SC getting it worse. MS is/was bashed for everything viciously on this board. The mods are doing a good job dealing with it IMO.

Ita. I will also like to add that at one point, it got a little hairy because some were accused of actress bashing for saying that while they found SC pretty, they didn't think she was the end all be all most beautiful woman on the show. People were accused of being jealous of her etc. I'm sightless so I really have no opinion one way or the other, just for the record. So I think it can get a little sticky when it comes to actor/actress bashing. I had also reported a poster who said that BM/EH/GR were over-rated (when the Delia accident happened) and that SC/JM played the loss of a daughter way better, and I was told that the person was expressing an opinion and that it was not actor/actress bashing. So it's a little dicey sometimes....jmo

I felt confused, like it was "dicey," when there was the shock treatment thread started. I saw the reason for the first post as a new way to bash Sharon, but I was told it was about a potential plot point and accepted what the moderator told me and I posted in the thread a few times and ignored all the bashing I saw and tried talking about shock treatments in a constructive way, and some other posters did too. Eventually the thread was closed.

#72   2014/04/04 11:00AM
    kyun

Dear Moderators,

Phyllis will be coming back soon and I'm wondering if there might be a moderator-approved anti-Phyllis thread created at that time? There are pro threads for Sharon and Phyllis and bash threads for Sharon and Shadam/Sharon, but I don't see an official bash thread for Phyllis. Maybe one can start up when she makes her return?

#73   2014/04/04 11:11AM
    laurie6

Quote kyun: Dear Moderators,

Phyllis will be coming back soon and I'm wondering if there might be a moderator-approved anti-Phyllis thread created at that time? There are pro threads for Sharon and Phyllis and bash threads for Sharon and Shadam/Sharon, but I don't see an official bash thread for Phyllis. Maybe one can start up when she makes her return?

I could be wrong but I am almost positive there is a bash Phyllis thread started already.

#74   2014/04/04 11:19AM
    trinilisa

Quote laurie6:

I could be wrong but I am almost positive there is a bash Phyllis thread started already.

I am pretty sure I've seen one, too. I'm sure it will appear on google somewhere because I ahve been able to find all the bash threads using google when they've not been on the first page...

#75   2014/04/04 11:31AM
    kyun

Quote trinilisa:
    Quote laurie6:

I am pretty sure I've seen one, too. I'm sure it will appear on google somewhere because I ahve been able to find all the bash threads using google when they've not been on the first page...

Thanks, both of you. Do you remember if the thread was okayed by the moderators as a bash thread? When Phyllis makes her "explosive" return, I would like to have somewhere to post! I'm looking forward to the shakeup but will need to vent!

#76   2014/04/04 11:31AM
    Soaps Admin

Yes we can reopen that one. I cannot find it. Does anybody know the name of it?

Admin

#77   2014/04/04 11:40AM
    trinilisa

Quote kyun:
    Quote trinilisa:
    Quote laurie6:

Thanks, both of you. Do you remember if the thread was okayed by the moderators as a bash thread? When Phyllis makes her "explosive" return, I would like to have somewhere to post! I'm looking forward to the shakeup but will need to vent!

I am not sure but I remember the bash thread I started was sanctioned a log time after I started it, so it's not too late...lol

#78   2014/04/04 11:48AM
    PixiePower

Quote trinilisa:
    Quote kyun:
    Quote trinilisa:
    Quote laurie6:

I am not sure but I remember the bash thread I started was sanctioned a log time after I started it, so it's not too late...lol

You are crjb1 ?

#79   2014/04/04 11:52AM
    trinilisa

Not sure who found it first, but I posted in it only so that you would find it...

#80   2014/04/04 11:57AM
    trinilisa

Quote PixiePower:
    Quote trinilisa:
    Quote kyun:
    Quote trinilisa:
    Quote laurie6:

You are crjb1 ?

I don't understand the question?

« 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list