List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

The Young and the Restless - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: The Young and the Restless Forum :: Re-opening anti-character zones.

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

CLOSED: Re-opening anti-character zones.

Started by Soaps Admin at 2014/04/03 12:37PM
    Latest post: 2014/04/04 01:26PM, Views: 4105, Replies: 86
    « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 » »| page:
    #31   2014/04/03 06:03PM
    Re: Re-opening anti-character zones.
    lvsdasnow

I really appreciate the Mods giving us the opportunity to speak here. Expressing our concerns is a great relief sometimes.

The one thing that bothers me is We can have a really good topic going on in a Thread then, all of a sudden, someone will come in, start cutting us down (or the subject) and then the Mods have no choice but to close the Thread down.
    To me, that is not fair. I hope in the future, the post is removed and not the whole Thread if it is a good Thread.
    Baiters really do work this board.
    Well, once again, this is my two cents worth and thanks for letting me say my peace.

#32   2014/04/03 06:06PM
    Soaps Admin

PixiePower Yes we can do that. As long as it says 'no fans' in the title people should understand. People generally know to stay out of those threads if they do not belong there. If you see no disclaimers let us know and we can fix those.

mswadel No it's not censorship the way you are thinking. It has nothing to do with this being a free country. This is a private site and we chose to allow the public to post here. You should read our guidelines and privacy policy on this for more information. We will still take care of any issues you have.

Calliope we don't know which fans are fans of certain characters. There are too many fans but we can read all posts by each individual and we can tell from their posts who they like or dislike. Of course if they create a bad post in a thread we can tell by that. If they go into that thread just to talk even if they dislike the character, as long as they are not bashing the character we see no issue.

Kyun the word Phaters is something we saw today and are actively ensuring it is not used again. It is against guidelines. Some people do not want to stick to a no bash or bash zone, preferring to debate about their loved or hated character. That is why they go into other threads.

I will leave the thread open for now and one of us mods will try to answer any other questions when we get time. We appreciate all of your posts. The feedback is all very helpful. Thank-you.

Admin

#33   2014/04/03 06:46PM
    weatherholt3

It was but wasn't the bashing that really bother me, I got to know the names of the basher's and I would just ignore their thread. My problem was that there was certain posters that went in every thread and bashed nasty thing about character and sometimes the actor's over and over in one thread instead of going in state what they had to say and leave it at that, they would say basically the same thing five or six times in the same thread but would just use different nasty words. That was my problem, bashing thread doesn't bother me I just stay out of them.

#34   2014/04/03 06:57PM
    Layngel

Quote weatherholt3: It was but wasn't the bashing that really bother me, I got to know the names of the basher's and I would just ignore their thread. My problem was that there was certain posters that went in every thread and bashed nasty thing about character and sometimes the actor's over and over in one thread instead of going in state what they had to say and leave it at that, they would say basically the same thing five or six times in the same thread but would just use different nasty words. That was my problem, bashing thread doesn't bother me I just stay out of them.

That has been my issue as well.

#35   2014/04/03 07:24PM
    Sonni

Quote Layngel:
    Quote weatherholt3: It was but wasn't the bashing that really bother me, I got to know the names of the basher's and I would just ignore their thread. My problem was that there was certain posters that went in every thread and bashed nasty thing about character and sometimes the actor's over and over in one thread instead of going in state what they had to say and leave it at that, they would say basically the same thing five or six times in the same thread but would just use different nasty words. That was my problem, bashing thread doesn't bother me I just stay out of them.

That has been my issue as well.

I totally agree with you. It gets frustrating sifting through the repetitious posts.

#36   2014/04/03 07:57PM
    PixiePower

Quote Soaps Admin: PixiePower Yes we can do that. As long as it says 'no fans' in the title people should understand. People generally know to stay out of those threads if they do not belong there. If you see no disclaimers let us know and we can fix those.
    mswadel No it's not censorship the way you are thinking. It has nothing to do with this being a free country. This is a private site and we chose to allow the public to post here. You should read our guidelines and privacy policy on this for more information. We will still take care of any issues you have.

Calliope we don't know which fans are fans of certain characters. There are too many fans but we can read all posts by each individual and we can tell from their posts who they like or dislike. Of course if they create a bad post in a thread we can tell by that. If they go into that thread just to talk even if they dislike the character, as long as they are not bashing the character we see no issue.

Kyun the word Phaters is something we saw today and are actively ensuring it is not used again. It is against guidelines. Some people do not want to stick to a no bash or bash zone, preferring to debate about their loved or hated character. That is why they go into other threads.

I will leave the thread open for now and one of us mods will try to answer any other questions when we get time. We appreciate all of your posts. The feedback is all very helpful. Thank-you.

Admin

O.K. Thank you Mods for understanding what I was saying.I will let you know if I see any threads with out the disclaimer.

#37   2014/04/03 08:31PM
    PixiePower

Quote kyun: My two cents are:

I joined several weeks ago and took a look around and noticed that the anti-Sharon and Shadam bash threads had content that I had read in the guidelines was not allowed. And it piled on and piled on - I was really shocked. I also noticed that posters freely commented on what they thought of Sharon fans. (And I saw this in other threads with some talking about "Phaters" - I thought that term was not allowed because it's inflammatory?) And I noticed that none of the neutral or complimentary threads (except the official non-bash) were able to just talk about Sharon and people in Sharon's world without a lot of nasty trash talk.

I wondered why some people could not be happy with posting hate in the bash threads but had to keep adding their hate for Sharon and Faith and others in all the other threads. It was like no one could say something nice without a bunch of posts to tear that poster's statements down. I like the idea of a bash-only zone, but right away the impression I got was that there was never going to be enough bashing for some and I wondered why they wanted to ruin other posters' experience. Making others posters experience unpleasant seemed to be the goal. That is the reaction I had.

And, yes, I read that in the past there was supposedly much worse said about Phyllis than ever about Sharon, but I wondered why people could not just let the past go and decide to act a little more nicely to one another.

After the bash threads were closed, there was less traffic on the message board and less trash talk. Mostly, anti-Sharon people stopped posting and it seemed they'd grown bored. Now the message board should get very busy again and I think the intensity of the hate talk will return. I agree with another poster about that. And Phyllis will be returning and there will be excitement about this and a lot of pro and anti comments will be coming, no doubt. I'd love it if talk could stay out of the gutter when it comes to both Sharon and Phyllis. Some jokes I find very funny, so I don't mind if Sharon gets digs made at her. I enjoy the cleaner zingers about Sharon and Phyllis. (And even though I'm not a Phyllis fan, I'm looking forward to whoever the new Phyllis is. It'll be fun.) I think there's a line, though, that gets crossed and some posters think this is a place for talking any way they wish even though we all know that there are some places where a person is expected to act a certain way.

Maybe it's because this is cyber conversation that people think anything goes, but I find the worst of the trash talk to be ugly and no one should have to open up a thread and see it. Or, even, to know it exists on the message board. We can ignore a thread, sure, but I personally cannot stand that such language is used anywhere on the message board. And I don't understand complaints about free speech as an excuse to talk this way in a place where we know people do find it offensive, and because no one goes around talking gutterish all the time just because it's free speech (freedom of speech does not just mean that anything goes - the full text of the definition explains this).

Anyway, that is my two cents, or rant or whatever you want to call it. Thanks to anyone who listened!

Great post.Well said and ICAM!

#38   2014/04/03 09:31PM
    laurie6

I think it's great that the bash threads were reopened, This board should be for everyone and not cater to one side. I don't know why all of a sudden the character bashing is a problem it has been happening for years on this board.

#39   2014/04/04 03:39AM
    PixiePower

Great post.I agree.When I see certain names on here I know what is in the thread and just move on.It's not worth my time and saves my blood pressure! lol I hope the bashers will contain their comments for the characters they hate to their bash threads.

#40   2014/04/04 05:01AM
    deceived

This is my opinion. When a poster continually goes into
    EVERY thread with nasty comments, like say Little Faith, calling that little girl the devil's spawn, etc., downright horrible nasty names just because she is Shick's child. She's like 6? It ruffles my feathers for her parents in the real world...I just cannot imagine relentlessly attacking a small child, character or not...but I also realize this is a free country, free speech, etc. But so much hatred for a specific character worries me that they could be in danger of stalking. Trying to get Y&R cancelled, or a character fired.
    BUT, I think Sharon and Phyllis are adults and are fair game, Heaven knows I have spewed hatred back in the PHICK days as it got my blood boiling!
    For some the bashing zone is the person's punching bag... I guess that's better than actually KO a person.
    AT least we got one week of rest. (sigh...)

« 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list