List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

The Young and the Restless - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: The Young and the Restless Forum :: Re-opening anti-character zones.

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

CLOSED: Re-opening anti-character zones.

Started by Soaps Admin at 2014/04/03 12:37PM
    Latest post: 2014/04/04 01:26PM, Views: 3969, Replies: 86
    « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 » »| page:
    #21   2014/04/03 04:51PM
    Re: Re-opening anti-character zones.
    PixiePower

Quote Layngel: I think the bash threads are fine, but the problem I noticed is that the other threads that are not bash threads turn into them. Maybe if the bash threads are open, bashing can occur there and stay out of normal threads.

A lot of times the title and OP is one thing, but by page 2 or 3 it turns into just another bash thread with no real content. I stay out of the bash threads that I know will bug me, but when I just go to post in another one, and see the same it gets hard. That would be my only complaint and just my opinion.

That is true Layngel.If the bashers have their very own threads and the fans are not allowed in them,then that should take care of the problem.Then they would have their very own thread to bash away and not get banned and would not be allowed to bash in the other threads,only the designated bash ones..The other posters would be spared reading nasty posts about their favorites and everyone will be happy,the Mods I would imagine most of all.

#22   2014/04/03 04:53PM
    calliope

Quote PixiePower:
    Quote mswadel: wouldn't that be the same as censonship? this is still a free country and no one should be told which thread they can or cannot enter with a blanket statement as to 'fans not allowed'; censorship like that is not needed on a board that only speaks of characters, not real people; when my fave is bashed as the actor I notify the admin and they take care of it. We are all guilty of unkind words and all are supposedly adult so with admins position if you know it will offend you don't enter that thread. thanks for re-opening the threads!

No it is not censorship.It is common sense.If the fans of the bashed character are not allowed into the thread to agrue with the bashers there will be no trouble same as a basher going into a non bash thread.It cuts down on the fighting which is all the bash threads are is to bait a fan into posting so they can agrue with them.This takes that away.

How would that be monitored? Would Mods be expected to know which poster is a fan of which character and monitor every post? We are all adults, we are able to ignore if someone does that. I have seen it happen often in a bash thread. For every character. Ignore is the way to handle it.If baiters are in your bash thread, report it.
    My iPad likes gaiters better than baiter!

Modified 2 times(s), last time at: 2014/04/03 04:56PM
    #23   2014/04/03 04:58PM
    Sunnyflower

People who aren't non-fans are not allowed to go into bash threads and fight with the posters in there. It is strictly for bashing. Just like the non-bash threads are only for fans.

The expectation is that people behave like adults and don't read what they don't want to see. There is nothing the mods can do if people insist on reading them anyway.

#24   2014/04/03 05:01PM
    PixiePower

Quote calliope:
    Quote PixiePower:
    Quote mswadel: wouldn't that be the same as censonship? this is still a free country and no one should be told which thread they can or cannot enter with a blanket statement as to 'fans not allowed'; censorship like that is not needed on a board that only speaks of characters, not real people; when my fave is bashed as the actor I notify the admin and they take care of it. We are all guilty of unkind words and all are supposedly adult so with admins position if you know it will offend you don't enter that thread. thanks for re-opening the threads!

No it is not censorship.It is common sense.If the fans of the bashed character are not allowed into the thread to agrue with the bashers there will be no trouble same as a basher going into a non bash thread.It cuts down on the fighting which is all the bash threads are is to bait a fan into posting so they can agrue with them.This takes that away.

How would that be monitored? Would Mods be expected to know which poster is a fan of which character and monitor every post? We are all adults, we are able to ignore if someone does that. I have seen it happen often in a bash thread. For every character. Ignore is the way to handle it.If baiters are in your bash thread, report it.

How would you know a fan is in a bash thread?Gee I guess they would be in there defending the character that is being bashed.

#25   2014/04/03 05:03PM
    kyun

My two cents are:

I joined several weeks ago and took a look around and noticed that the anti-Sharon and Shadam bash threads had content that I had read in the guidelines was not allowed. And it piled on and piled on - I was really shocked. I also noticed that posters freely commented on what they thought of Sharon fans. (And I saw this in other threads with some talking about "Phaters" - I thought that term was not allowed because it's inflammatory?) And I noticed that none of the neutral or complimentary threads (except the official non-bash) were able to just talk about Sharon and people in Sharon's world without a lot of nasty trash talk.

I wondered why some people could not be happy with posting hate in the bash threads but had to keep adding their hate for Sharon and Faith and others in all the other threads. It was like no one could say something nice without a bunch of posts to tear that poster's statements down. I like the idea of a bash-only zone, but right away the impression I got was that there was never going to be enough bashing for some and I wondered why they wanted to ruin other posters' experience. Making others posters experience unpleasant seemed to be the goal. That is the reaction I had.

And, yes, I read that in the past there was supposedly much worse said about Phyllis than ever about Sharon, but I wondered why people could not just let the past go and decide to act a little more nicely to one another.

After the bash threads were closed, there was less traffic on the message board and less trash talk. Mostly, anti-Sharon people stopped posting and it seemed they'd grown bored. Now the message board should get very busy again and I think the intensity of the hate talk will return. I agree with another poster about that. And Phyllis will be returning and there will be excitement about this and a lot of pro and anti comments will be coming, no doubt. I'd love it if talk could stay out of the gutter when it comes to both Sharon and Phyllis. Some jokes I find very funny, so I don't mind if Sharon gets digs made at her. I enjoy the cleaner zingers about Sharon and Phyllis. (And even though I'm not a Phyllis fan, I'm looking forward to whoever the new Phyllis is. It'll be fun.) I think there's a line, though, that gets crossed and some posters think this is a place for talking any way they wish even though we all know that there are some places where a person is expected to act a certain way.

Maybe it's because this is cyber conversation that people think anything goes, but I find the worst of the trash talk to be ugly and no one should have to open up a thread and see it. Or, even, to know it exists on the message board. We can ignore a thread, sure, but I personally cannot stand that such language is used anywhere on the message board. And I don't understand complaints about free speech as an excuse to talk this way in a place where we know people do find it offensive, and because no one goes around talking gutterish all the time just because it's free speech (freedom of speech does not just mean that anything goes - the full text of the definition explains this).

Anyway, that is my two cents, or rant or whatever you want to call it. Thanks to anyone who listened!

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2014/04/03 05:06PM
    #26   2014/04/03 05:03PM
    calliope

Quote PixiePower:
    Quote calliope:
    Quote PixiePower:

How would you know a fan is in a bash thread?Gee I guess they would be in there defending the character that is being bashed.

You are talking like they should not be allowed to enter. There is no way to stop someone from entering any thread. I repeat...if they bait, you report.

#27   2014/04/03 05:04PM
    PixiePower

Quote Sunnyflower: People who aren't non-fans are not allowed to go into bash threads and fight with the posters in there. It is strictly for bashing. Just like the non-bash threads are only for fans.

The expectation is that people behave like adults and don't read what they don't want to see. There is nothing the mods can do if people insist on reading them anyway.

I don't see any disclaimers on some of the bash threads.All I was saying is maybe the Mods should put that in the title of each one and come in every now and then and post a warning is all I meant.Some posters may be new and they would not know that.Good to see they have done that on some of the bash threads.Happy Bashing!!!

#28   2014/04/03 05:05PM
    Sunnyflower

Quote PixiePower:
    Quote Sunnyflower: People who aren't non-fans are not allowed to go into bash threads and fight with the posters in there. It is strictly for bashing. Just like the non-bash threads are only for fans.

I don't see any disclaimers on some of the bash threads.All I was saying is maybe the Mods should put that in the title of each one and come in every now and then and post a warning is all I meant.Some posters may be new and they would not know that.Good to see they have done that on some of the bash threads.Happy Bashing!!!

Fair enough!

#29   2014/04/03 05:46PM
    Layngel

Quote PixiePower:
    Quote Layngel: I think the bash threads are fine, but the problem I noticed is that the other threads that are not bash threads turn into them. Maybe if the bash threads are open, bashing can occur there and stay out of normal threads.

A lot of times the title and OP is one thing, but by page 2 or 3 it turns into just another bash thread with no real content. I stay out of the bash threads that I know will bug me, but when I just go to post in another one, and see the same it gets hard. That would be my only complaint and just my opinion.

That is true Layngel.If the bashers have their very own threads and the fans are not allowed in them,then that should take care of the problem.Then they would have their very own thread to bash away and not get banned and would not be allowed to bash in the other threads,only the designated bash ones..The other posters would be spared reading nasty posts about their favorites and everyone will be happy,the Mods I would imagine most of all.

I think it would be good to have the bash threads for people to feel safe to bash, I agree.

What I have noticed, is there can be a thread about Summer..or Fen, or some sl..and by page 2 or 3 it turns into a lets say...Phyllis vs Sharon thing. It is really not what the original post is about.

Even that might be ok, but it just turns into name calling or just saying "so and so is pathetic or whatever". To me it just gets repetitive. I know we are supposed to avoid threads and posts that upset us, but that gets hard when the same negative posts are in so many threads. I am not sure exactly what or what is not allowed...but I think the thread is supposed to stay on topic if I understand the rules correctly.

So maybe having a place to vent frustration to a character is a good thing.

#30   2014/04/03 05:48PM
    Layngel

I have noticed that. I have been in threads that are pro a certain character, and if a baiter comes in it is taken care of quickly.

« 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list