List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

The Young and the Restless - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: The Young and the Restless Forum :: Re-opening anti-character zones.

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

CLOSED: Re-opening anti-character zones.

Started by Soaps Admin at 2014/04/03 12:37PM
    Latest post: 2014/04/04 01:26PM, Views: 4203, Replies: 86
    « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 » »| page:
    #11   2014/04/03 02:34PM
    Re: Re-opening anti-character zones.
    Soaps Admin

I want to clarify. People always know why they are banned because we give the reason in each email we send when we ban. No bans will be lifted just because we decided to have anti-character zones again.

I will leave this open for now. Again if you remember a thread that is closed, send the link and we will open.

#12   2014/04/03 02:55PM
    Little_Debbie

Quote Soaps Admin: Hello,

After a lot of thought, we have decided to re-open all of the bash zones. It will take a while to find and open the threads and if we do not get to them right away, please send us a link to have them opened.

For those who dislike them, we ask that you ignore them in favor of the positive threads or the regular debate threads. We still expect everybody to abide by the guidelines no matter which thread you post in.

This is your house and your rules, but I would like to express my opinion.
    Bash threads are always mean-spirited, and cannot help but spill over onto any and all threads. By sanctioning threads that are degrading and taunting, you are lessening the chance of attracting and keeping posters with a higher level of community and intelligence. That makes for an unappealing board for those who are true fans of the show, and opens it up for trolls who live to bait and bash.

#13   2014/04/03 03:01PM
    calliope

I scroll past many threads I don't want to enter because I know what the content will be. The will be true of an anti character thread of any favorite character of mine. We don't have to read any thread we know we will make us defensive.

#14   2014/04/03 03:05PM
    Sunnyflower

Quote calliope: I scroll past many threads I don't want to enter because I know what the content will be. The will be true of an anti character thread of any favorite character of mine. We don't have to read any thread we know we will make us defensive.

Agreed calliope. It is simply a matter of respect.

I think love threads make the board unappealing, as they tend to clutter the boards and it is akin to spam. They certainly do not invite intelligent debate, but I respect that some people enjoy them very much and it would take away from their board experience if they were removed.

Live and let live!

#15   2014/04/03 03:10PM
    Soaps Admin

Thanks for the feedback. We see your point. That is partially why we originally closed the threads but since changed our minds. We cannot explain completely as it gets into some confidential areas.

About the bash zones taunting, they only taunt if you read them and let them taunt you. If you stay out then you have no idea of what's being said and are happier so it's a choice. As for trolls, you get them on any website no matter what type of site or what is posted.

#16   2014/04/03 03:38PM
    PixiePower

Quote Soaps Admin: Thanks for the feedback. We see your point. That is partially why we originally closed the threads but since changed our minds. We cannot explain completely as it gets into some confidential areas.

About the bash zones taunting, they only taunt if you read them and let them taunt you. If you stay out then you have no idea of what's being said and are happier so it's a choice. As for trolls, you get them on any website no matter what type of site or what is posted.

Could you make the bash threads for the bashers only and no fans of the bashed characters allowed and state it in the title?It would solve a lot of your problems if there is no chance of fans coming into the threads so therefore no arguments.The bashers could feel safe in their threads bashing to their hearts content.Thank you.

#17   2014/04/03 03:53PM
    mswadel

wouldn't that be the same as censonship? this is still a free country and no one should be told which thread they can or cannot enter with a blanket statement as to 'fans not allowed'; censorship like that is not needed on a board that only speaks of characters, not real people; when my fave is bashed as the actor I notify the admin and they take care of it. We are all guilty of unkind words and all are supposedly adult so with admins position if you know it will offend you don't enter that thread. thanks for re-opening the threads!

#18   2014/04/03 03:58PM
    janetb

Thank you for reopening the threads. There are threads for fans only, but those of us who dislike a character have a right to our opinions and a place to freely express them. I don't go into fan threads and expect that those fans won't go into anti characters threads.

#19   2014/04/03 03:59PM
    Layngel

I think the bash threads are fine, but the problem I noticed is that the other threads that are not bash threads turn into them. Maybe if the bash threads are open, bashing can occur there and stay out of normal threads.

A lot of times the title and OP is one thing, but by page 2 or 3 it turns into just another bash thread with no real content. I stay out of the bash threads that I know will bug me, but when I just go to post in another one, and see the same it gets hard. That would be my only complaint and just my opinion.

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2014/04/03 04:01PM
    #20   2014/04/03 04:46PM
    PixiePower

Quote mswadel: wouldn't that be the same as censonship? this is still a free country and no one should be told which thread they can or cannot enter with a blanket statement as to 'fans not allowed'; censorship like that is not needed on a board that only speaks of characters, not real people; when my fave is bashed as the actor I notify the admin and they take care of it. We are all guilty of unkind words and all are supposedly adult so with admins position if you know it will offend you don't enter that thread. thanks for re-opening the threads!

No it is not censorship.It is common sense.If the fans of the bashed character are not allowed into the thread to argue with the bashers there will be no trouble,same as a basher going into a non bash thread.They should be banned.It cuts down on the fighting which is mostly all the bash threads are is to bait a fan into posting so they can argue with them.This takes that temptation away.

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2014/04/03 04:53PM
    « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list