List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

The Young and the Restless - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: The Young and the Restless Forum :: Billy Miller has a new job already......

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

Billy Miller has a new job already......

Started by leprecaun28 at 2014/04/02 04:13PM
    Latest post: 2014/04/05 10:22AM, Views: 8880, Replies: 31
    « 1 2 3 4 » »| page:
    #21   2014/04/03 07:50PM
    Re: Billy Miller has a new job already......
    Supercouplev...

What difference does it make if he wanted to play Billy for 10 years or even 5, as of this past year, he seemed to want to play the role. I happen to think, they should have kept him as long as he wanted to stay.

#22   2014/04/03 08:48PM
    PurrrrrrrKitty

Quote Supercouplevilly: What difference does it make if he wanted to play Billy for 10 years or even 5, as of this past year, he seemed to want to play the role. I happen to think, they should have kept him as long as he wanted to stay.

This is "my" final comment.. because I do not want to get into a long drawn out argument over someone that I don't know at all.... and I know you want the "last word".. lol.

But, it makes a big difference.. Most Soaps want an actor who is playing a key character who is part of the 2nd generation and will become the replacement for the former generation... to stay with it for at least a decade or two.. that is what most of them do... that is the history of
    Soaps as long as I have watched since the 50's.. when I was 23 when I started.

Alllllll Soaps who have major characters have the same actors portray them for years and years...a known fact.. I will say it again.. when an actor starts playing around with other projects.. they DO NOT want to be a soap actor.
    their "hopes" are to move on to prime time and then the movies... otherwise, they are very happy to play that role as best as they can.. collect a steady income.... go home and enjoy life.

Now, I yeal to you..lol.. but I have said all that I care to on this subject about Billy Miller....because whatever Billy Miller does in his personal life does not have anything to do with "my" life. I will continue to watch Y&R as I have since 1976.. and watch DTom eventually make Billy Abbott his own... younger, but his own and wish Billy Miller the best in his future career..

#23   2014/04/03 09:03PM
    Supercouplev...

Quote PurrrrrrrKitty:
    Quote Supercouplevilly: What difference does it make if he wanted to play Billy for 10 years or even 5, as of this past year, he seemed to want to play the role. I happen to think, they should have kept him as long as he wanted to stay.

This is "my" final comment.. because I do not want to get into a long drawn out argument over someone that I don't know at all.... and I know you want the "last word".. lol.

But, it makes a big difference.. Most Soaps want an actor who is playing a key character who is part of the 2nd generation and will become the replacement for the former generation... to stay with it for at least a decade or two.. that is what most of them do... that is the history of
    Soaps as long as I have watched since the 50's.. when I was 23 when I started.

Alllllll Soaps who have major characters have the same actors portray them for years and years...a known fact.. I will say it again.. when an actor starts playing around with other projects.. they DO NOT want to be a soap actor.
    their "hopes" are to move on to prime time and then the movies... otherwise, they are very happy to play that role as best as they can.. collect a steady income.... go home and enjoy life.

Now, I yeal to you..lol.. but I have said all that I care to on this subject about Billy Miller....because whatever Billy Miller does in his personal life does not have anything to do with "my" life. I will continue to watch Y&R as I have since 1976.. and watch DTom eventually make Billy Abbott his own... younger, but his own and wish Billy Miller the best in his future career..

I thought a big part of the soap genre, is recasts, it happens, and people need to get over it. That is what people have been saying for months now.

Billy has been doing other projects for a few years. NOW it is a problem, why work so hard to keep him, then decide, no, we need someone that we can guarantee, will be around for a long, long, time..... whatever.

What is the guarantee this guy will actually stick around? He didn't the first time. BM was ready to do another year, which would have made it 6 years, pretty close to 10 right there.

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2014/04/03 09:05PM
    #24   2014/04/04 09:36AM
    mom chez

What's the latest on Billy Miller's new web series Enormous?

#25   2014/04/04 12:23PM
    spartes

Quote mom chez: What's the latest on Billy Miller's new web series Enormous?

Good question I would like to know that too

#26   2014/04/04 03:22PM
    Blue 501

Quote PurrrrrrrKitty: Anytime an actor keeps doing projects outside of the soap they are on.. means, they DO NOT want to be a soap actor.. they are looking for prime time or the big screen.

I have always ssid, BM will end up on prime time or the big screen.. and I think I am right.. He would have NEVER stayed on a soap.. he wants a bigger career.. he has the talent for it...

His fans need to be thrilled for him instead of bemoaning the fact that he is no longer on Y&R..

You are right Purr. Billy deserves better but I miss my daily dose of him.

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2014/04/04 03:30PM
    #27   2014/04/04 03:28PM
    Blue 501

Seems like the sensible Plan.He's a very good actor. If I were in charge, I'd keep him on board as long as possible. Same with MM.

#28   2014/04/04 04:05PM
    mom chez

Quote Blue 501:

Seems like the sensible Plan.He's a very good actor. If I were in charge, I'd keep him on board as long as possible. Same with MM.

Losing MM is a big loss.

#29   2014/04/04 07:08PM
    Mer2

Oh rats, I missed it! That's what happens when I don't check the message board. Hope it airs again soon. I miss BM. I do, I do, I do!!!

#30   2014/04/05 06:22AM
    Supercouplev...

Sitting here rewatching CSI, got me to thinking, since this is CBS. How hard would it be, to work around a recurring, and Y&R when it is all the sane place. I would think everyone would be happy. Win for BM. win for Y&R, win for CSI, win for fans.

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2014/04/05 06:26AM
    « 1 2 3 4 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list