List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

The Young and the Restless - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: The Young and the Restless Forum :: Is 8 months a long time?

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

Is 8 months a long time?

Started by Soap Fan at 2014/04/02 05:38AM
    Latest post: 2014/04/05 10:25AM, Views: 2171, Replies: 14
    « 1 2 page:
    #11   2014/04/05 02:45AM
    Re: Is 8 months a long time?
    Deana4Villy

Phyllis isn't really on machines to stay alive, though. She's breathing on her own and her heart is beating on its own. They can quit feeding her, but that's not an easy decision to make and it might not be legal, depending on the state. I don't see this show going there.

#12   2014/04/05 04:48AM
    Coonfoot

Quote deceived: Jack says he talks to on the phone a lot, and he flies to Georgia every weekend...??? Why haven't we heard about Daniel or Lucy... and where is Daisy...
    Anyways... I was in a coma, brain dead, for 10 days... they wanted to take me off life support, but my mom and dad refused to sign the papers...go by faith...I miraculously came out of the coma after 10 days... it was sighted as a 'miracle from God' by U of M in Ann Arbor, MI after they studied me for a few months... but I was 15, so I was in school, they had to have me tutored at home for about a year, as I had lost all memory. I came back gradually, and not all of it has come... back, SOOO I cannot see Phyllis jumping out of bed, being able to walk, talk, think clearly, or even have memory of Sharon and Nick... or even Summer.

Deceived, you are a true miracle and thank God your parents had faith. I agree about Phyllis. Anyone coming out of a coma would have to re-learn how to walk, talk, eat and she would be too busy re-learning how to live to think about Sharon, Nick or Jack. If they bring her back, I hope it's realistic.

#13   2014/04/05 09:07AM
    janetb

The writers wouldn't waste time on Phyllis' recovery or do anything realistic. I expect she'd return to GC fully recovered and hopefully with her memory intact. She's the only one who knows what Sharon did and should be a part of the end of this s/l.

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2014/04/05 09:09AM
    #14   2014/04/05 09:13AM
    Sunnyflower

Quote Deana4Villy: Phyllis isn't really on machines to stay alive, though. She's breathing on her own and her heart is beating on its own. They can quit feeding her, but that's not an easy decision to make and it might not be legal, depending on the state. I don't see this show going there.

You are right. Once they make the decision to put her on a feeding tube, it is very difficult to reverse that (depending on the State as you said. In Canada, where I am, it is pretty much irreversible.)

There is no machine to unplug here and the only option would be to starve her to death.

#15   2014/04/05 10:25AM
    vikis3

Tag her and bag her and be done with it

« 1 2 page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list