List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

The Young and the Restless - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: The Young and the Restless Forum :: Well....Spoilers and Comments

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

Well....Spoilers and Comments

Started by Pastfifty at 2014/04/01 07:12PM
    Latest post: 2014/04/02 05:15AM, Views: 1669, Replies: 7
    page:
    #1   2014/04/01 07:12PM
    Well....Spoilers and Comments
    Pastfifty

Well.....I don't know where to start, so I will just start.

I'm not a published writer (pipedream); I've written some fan fiction for another site, years ago, but I suppose I'm not really qualified to make any comments about the writing of Y & R. I will start by saying this:

Please, please Mr. Bell and the Bellettes, do not draw this Lauren thingy out for the rest of the week. Please at least tie up this newest subplot by the end of tomorrow's show!
    The show is stagnating, at least in my opinion. I can see a main plot line of a great mystery novel going on and on until the last page. However, a soap opera should at least tie up some plot lines before shooting off on another one, or two or ten.

I have to say, although I am not that invested in Nick and Sharon's future together, I am not that upset by it. I just wish they would get her to confess and get on with it!

I really don't mind Abby/Tyler either, but for Pete's sake, I think this courtship was faster then mine with my husband, and that was fast, believe me! So why, if they can have a wedding soon for this couple, can't the writers finish off other really big plot lines?
    I was hoping Ian would spill his guts to Leslie, at least in front of the viewers. Who cares if 'we' know or not, it does nothing to affect the basic plotline.

Can anyone say 'Alfred Hitchcock'? Hitchcock would let the audience in on the big secret in his flicks, right away. The tension on screen came from the build up to the characters in the movie's eventual outcome when the secret came out. It's so much more intense!

So, again, for myself and my FF finger, and perhaps others here on the board, please guys, speed it up already!

#2   2014/04/01 07:33PM
    Re: Well....Spoilers and Comments
    Cuid1

Quote Pastfifty: Well.....I don't know where to start, so I will just start.

I'm not a published writer (pipedream); I've written some fan fiction for another site, years ago, but I suppose I'm not really qualified to make any comments about the writing of Y & R. I will start by saying this:

Please, please Mr. Bell and the Bellettes, do not draw this Lauren thingy out for the rest of the week. Please at least tie up this newest subplot by the end of tomorrow's show!
    The show is stagnating, at least in my opinion. I can see a main plot line of a great mystery novel going on and on until the last page. However, a soap opera should at least tie up some plot lines before shooting off on another one, or two or ten.

I have to say, although I am not that invested in Nick and Sharon's future together, I am not that upset by it. I just wish they would get her to confess and get on with it!

I really don't mind Abby/Tyler either, but for Pete's sake, I think this courtship was faster then mine with my husband, and that was fast, believe me! So why, if they can have a wedding soon for this couple, can't the writers finish off other really big plot lines?
    I was hoping Ian would spill his guts to Leslie, at least in front of the viewers. Who cares if 'we' know or not, it does nothing to affect the basic plotline.

Can anyone say 'Alfred Hitchcock'? Hitchcock would let the audience in on the big secret in his flicks, right away. The tension on screen came from the build up to the characters in the movie's eventual outcome when the secret came out. It's so much more intense!

So, again, for myself and my FF finger, and perhaps others here on the board, please guys, speed it up already!
    I don't think the Bell's have anything to do with the storylines.

#3   2014/04/01 07:42PM
    Leele30

That's why the storylines are so crappy - the Bell's aren't writing any more! Total agree with the original poster. None of the storylines have budged since January, at least.

#4   2014/04/01 08:19PM
    Suzy R

I agree 110% move on with all these open story lines. Finish them then you can move on to the next new story. Agree nothing has moved since the end of January, and we as fan are getting restless for a ending to these stories. END these S/L's PLEASE! Music box mystery has gone on since the reading of Catherine's will. So over it already I don't give a hoot anymore what the stupid mystery is. Move on, put a fork in it already it's done. The impact of the end result of these story are not going to be as thrilling if you leave is hanging so long. We wanna be wowed writer's not just relieved because it's finally over and wanna move on. WOW US!

#5   2014/04/01 09:27PM
    janetb

Quote Leele30: That's why the storylines are so crappy - the Bell's aren't writing any more! Total agree with the original poster. None of the storylines have budged since January, at least.

The only dragged out s/l to end was the Baldwins and Carmine, but he's still alive and may return at some point. MS left last summer and there's still no end in sight to the paternity s/l. Sharon was never going to confess and had ECT rather than tell Nick. Now she's conveniently forgotten everything and this drags on. I lose interest in these s/l and just don't care anymore.

#6   2014/04/01 09:48PM
    y.nr

YOU'RE HIRED!!!!

#7   2014/04/02 05:04AM
    yungatheart

I have to agree with the first poster. I have given this some thought and what I have come up with is that the writers must not have anything else they can write about so they get a storyline, drag it out for months and months - then they don't have to really create. End some of these storylines, please. I think with Sharon, they want Nick to be committed to her before she tells him what she did. Just give it up and move on.

#8   2014/04/02 05:15AM
    FL senior fan

SO THE WRITER'S NEED OUR HELP!!!
    Have Ian give DNA to prove he is NOT Dylan's father.
    Return Phyllis. Return Adam (new actor with plastic surgery).
    Return Amber, have her get involved with Kevin (since Chloe rejects him and will be leaving the show)
    Let Billy become wild again, have a fling with younger women or even Amber if that character would return. New Billy LOOKS young, so why not pair him with younger??
    Keep the business challenges going between Jack and Victor!

What's your ideas?

page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list