List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

The Young and the Restless - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: The Young and the Restless Forum :: OT - HIMYM finale yah or nay?

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

OT - HIMYM finale yah or nay?

Started by savytabby at 2014/03/31 09:14PM
    Latest post: 2014/04/02 08:42AM, Views: 679, Replies: 4
    page:
    #1   2014/03/31 09:14PM
    OT - HIMYM finale yah or nay?
    savytabby

I wasn't a regular viewer of the show, but did watch this final season and I'm really disappointed. I loved Robin and Barney! And I loved Ted and the "Mother". I actually thought they would end up with a double-wedding. I just can't believe they ended it with Ted and Robin.

#2   2014/04/01 04:15AM
    Re: OT - HIMYM finale yah or nay?
    hopey pix

Unfortunately,Nay!It got down to all the other imitators levels,with too many lame jokes!They wanted to be like the new guys,and had no depth or much interest!Ted's so namby-pamby and chooses woman on the fly!It's always,I love you!But,I was only glad he ended up with Robin at the end!They deserved better!!CBS,why do you have to destroy your shows?I loved this one so much in the beginning,and you made it ordinary like the others!!It was nice to see Lindsay Fonsenca in the kid part at the end,she was one of the Colleens once on Y&R!!

#3   2014/04/01 05:06AM
    calliope

I haven't watched much this season at all but did watch the finale. I thought it was a let down. I always figured it would be Ted and Robin in the end but really liked the mother .

#4   2014/04/02 05:44AM
    taramartin

Mixed reviews from me. Loved that Barney fell in love with his daughter and changed his ways. Hated the divorce. Hadn't watched for the last couple years because it had gotten so raunchy but felt the mother character could've been developed for a year. Why didn't Ted marry the baby mama when she first got pregnant (and could still wear her dress)? Glad in the end they all kind of grew up emotionally.

#5   2014/04/02 08:42AM
    Licorice_423

Huge Nay! It feels like this last season was a big waste of time for Barney and Robin just to end up divorced. They could have just done half of the season if they wanted to draw it out and then spend the other half on Ted and Tracy.

I hated how the story basically ended up being about Ted and Robin and not really about the mother. It was almost as if the mother was just the woman to give Ted the kids he wanted since Robin couldn't/wouldn't.

It could have ended at the umbrella scene on the train platform. Or, on a front porch. Lily always talked about the "front porch test" that she would do on all of Ted's girlfriends. The final scene could have been the five friends (since they were determined to kill off the mother) sitting on a porch together in old age.

page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list