List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

The Young and the Restless - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: The Young and the Restless Forum :: wonder who will be the new phyliss??

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

wonder who will be the new phyliss??

Started by cheesegranny at 2014/03/29 01:14PM
    Latest post: 2014/04/04 01:49PM, Views: 6919, Replies: 85
    « 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 » »| page:
    #71   2014/04/02 03:19PM
    Re: wonder who will be the new phyliss??
    leprecaun28

I haven't gone through all 7 pages of comments on this post but I'm wondering if anyone else thinks if they are bringing Phyllis back or not.....Jack suddenly seems to be 'moving on' with Kelly and her sister did say something about her still being in the coma and the doctor believes that she won't awaken for a long time....
    You'd think if Jack was as in love with her as he seemed to believe before, that he'd go down to visit more....

#72   2014/04/02 04:22PM
    TxRangerFan

Quote valleycliffe:
    Quote TikiGirl:
    Quote Yrbigfan1:
    Quote TikiGirl: Here is a fact...MS was born in 1965. She was 29 years old in 1994 playing a 20 year old character. Everyone arguing over actresses ages and who can or cannot play Phyllis because of their age, really has no argument.

Phyllis was 29 when she entered the town of Geona City. Around the same age as Christine & Lauren.

It has been stated multiple times on this site that the character of Phyllis was 20 years old when she started in 1994. That would make the character of Phyllis 40. Right? True or not, it doesn't matter the actress' or the character's age. Other than younger characters, reaching milestones (i.e., turning 16, graduating from high school) when do the writers actually acknowledge someone's age? They don't. Actresses and actors play younger or older characters all the time. It's part of acting. In terms of physical appearances, some individuals look older than they are and some look younger. Arguing about the exact age of a character is pointless. When discussing which actress should replace MS as Phyllis, I think looking at talent and what that actress can bring to the role is more important than her exact age....Just saying....the age argument should move on because there is no point.

OR, they could soras her to be the appropriate age for her 37 yr old son (if she was 20 when she had him) and 18 yr old dotter..18 (daniels age when summer was born) + 19 yr old current summer. phyl should be 57 then

let's use your "logic" on other characters

Jill should be in her 80's based on Billy's age!

Sharon and Nick's son Noah is about 29 so that makes Sharon about 50 and Nick about 49!

Jack was in Vietnam so he should be about 70!

Lauren and Paul should be in their 60's based on their kids age!

Cane should be in his 50's!

based on Nick's age Victoria being 6-7 years old is 56-57 making Nikki almost 80 and Victor should be

dead

#73   2014/04/02 04:27PM
    TxRangerFan

Quote leprecaun28: I haven't gone through all 7 pages of comments on this post but I'm wondering if anyone else thinks if they are bringing Phyllis back or not.....Jack suddenly seems to be 'moving on' with Kelly and her sister did say something about her still being in the coma and the doctor believes that she won't awaken for a long time....
    You'd think if Jack was as in love with her as he seemed to believe before, that he'd go down to visit more....

the VP of CBS Daytime Angelica McDaniel has stated that Phyllis is coming back and spoilers on reliable sites have stated that "Phyllis makes an explosive return to Genoa City"

so

I am pretty sure the PHATERS will be crying soon.

#74   2014/04/02 04:48PM
    Soulsistah

Not this one. I can welcome anyone else in the role now. And I think JFP has a very distinct storyline in mind for Phyllis, and I don`t think it will be to be stomping all over other characters`storylines. Amen!

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2014/04/02 04:50PM
    #75   2014/04/02 05:03PM
    laurie6

Quote Soulsistah: Not this one. I can welcome anyone else in the role now. And I think JFP has a very distinct storyline in mind for Phyllis, and I don`t think it will be to be stomping all over other characters`storylines. Amen!

How can she stomp all over other characters S/L's if she was written into them? I can see if you were just tired of seeing her because you dislike her character the same way I am so sick of the crazy Sharon show that has been playing for so long now.

#76   2014/04/02 05:14PM
    Soulsistah

A new HW and a new writing team that didn`t write the character into other`s storylines and made her the centre is exactly what was needed. The Phyllis Show was overkill for a few years there and I for one am thrilled that ain`t about to happen again with JFP on board.

#77   2014/04/02 05:36PM
    Sunnyflower

Quote laurie6:
    Quote Soulsistah: Not this one. I can welcome anyone else in the role now. And I think JFP has a very distinct storyline in mind for Phyllis, and I don`t think it will be to be stomping all over other characters`storylines. Amen!

How can she stomp all over other characters S/L's if she was written into them? I can see if you were just tired of seeing her because you dislike her character the same way I am so sick of the crazy Sharon show that has been playing for so long now.

Amen sister. Anyone who can stop The Sharon Show is hugely NEEDED and welcome. Good grief, I don't care who it is at this point. It just needs to be shut down!!

#78   2014/04/02 06:49PM
    BiancaReeseR...

Can't wait Utell Phyllis comes back

After seeing Tamara last night on Gh she could be a great phyllis make a rwally Good One

#79   2014/04/02 07:16PM
    TxRangerFan

Quote Soulsistah: A new HW and a new writing team that didn`t write the character into other`s storylines and made her the centre is exactly what was needed. The Phyllis Show was overkill for a few years there and I for one am thrilled that ain`t about to happen again with JFP on board.

There never was a Phyllis Show, only in the minds of PHATERS. Phyllis is a major lead character in can and was out into story lines that called for her to be in them. She was not in every storyline either, again a falsehood to rally the PHATERS.

#80   2014/04/02 07:59PM
    Blue 501

Quote TikiGirl:
    Quote deceived: When we watch a soap for over 30 years... the soap stars age along with it... we cannot have a Phyllis come back 10 years younger...we have to have a 50ish sexy woman for recast...there are many beautiful older women...IF Phyllis even has to come back... I think they could go on with the S/L wrap it up without her... but I understand Phyllis fans want her back...sooo... like I said in an earlier post... Rene Russo would work out great. She's a great actress, talented, and gorgeous.

Ok Michelle is 48, Renee is 60! That's a pretty big jump in age if you ask me. Gina is in her 40's. When was the last time you looked at someone & knew their exact age. Some people look older & some people look younger than they actually are. The age argument is exhausting...you don't want Phyllis too young, but you are willing to age her 12years?! How does that make sense?

Phyllis does not just have a 20 year old child, she has Daniel who was how old when Summer was conceived? 18? How old is he now? He should be 38 if Summer is 20 but is at least 30 which would make it odd for Phyllis to be played by a 40 year old. They do so much tampering with the character's ages. especially those of the children, that it throws everything out of kilter. The writers must not believe the viewers are intelligent people who DO notice things.

« 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list