List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

The Young and the Restless - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: The Young and the Restless Forum :: wonder who will be the new phyliss??

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

wonder who will be the new phyliss??

Started by cheesegranny at 2014/03/29 01:14PM
    Latest post: 2014/04/04 01:49PM, Views: 6752, Replies: 85
    « 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 » »| page:
    #61   2014/04/01 04:01AM
    Re: wonder who will be the new phyliss??
    BiancaReeseR...

Quote Feliciena:
    Quote BiancaReeseRules: It may be Tamara Braun as phyllis

I would love Tamara & was my favorite Carly on GH & I loathe the Carly character.

Today She is going to be on GH with Sarah Brown for one episode a long sided Laura wright soapcentral.com/gh/news/2014/0331-gh51.php

I love Tamara To i can't wait to see her today on GH

#62   2014/04/01 07:01AM
    mswadel

TxRangerFan: [

But the BACKSTORY of Phyllis is that when she came to town in 1994 she was only 20 years old! Christine was already a board certified attorney so she was about 10 years older and Danny was about 5 years older than Christine, You can not rewrite character history just because you dislike the character!

I agree, I had written almost the same thing when I saw this; too bad that dislike of a character and fan fic go hand in hand

#63   2014/04/01 09:43AM
    TikiGirl

Here is a fact...MS was born in 1965. She was 29 years old in 1994 playing a 20 year old character. Everyone arguing over actresses ages and who can or cannot play Phyllis because of their age, really has no argument.

#64   2014/04/01 10:26AM
    Yrbigfan1

Quote TikiGirl: Here is a fact...MS was born in 1965. She was 29 years old in 1994 playing a 20 year old character. Everyone arguing over actresses ages and who can or cannot play Phyllis because of their age, really has no argument.

Phyllis was 29 when she entered the town of Geona City. Around the same age as Christine & Lauren.

Modified 3 times(s), last time at: 2014/04/01 10:29AM
    #65   2014/04/01 10:54AM
    TikiGirl

Quote Yrbigfan1:
    Quote TikiGirl: Here is a fact...MS was born in 1965. She was 29 years old in 1994 playing a 20 year old character. Everyone arguing over actresses ages and who can or cannot play Phyllis because of their age, really has no argument.

Phyllis was 29 when she entered the town of Geona City. Around the same age as Christine & Lauren.

It has been stated multiple times on this site that the character of Phyllis was 20 years old when she started in 1994. That would make the character of Phyllis 40. Right? True or not, it doesn't matter the actress' or the character's age. Other than younger characters, reaching milestones (i.e., turning 16, graduating from high school) when do the writers actually acknowledge someone's age? They don't. Actresses and actors play younger or older characters all the time. It's part of acting. In terms of physical appearances, some individuals look older than they are and some look younger. Arguing about the exact age of a character is pointless. When discussing which actress should replace MS as Phyllis, I think looking at talent and what that actress can bring to the role is more important than her exact age....Just saying....the age argument should move on because there is no point.

#66   2014/04/01 11:40AM
    valleycliffe

Quote TikiGirl:
    Quote Yrbigfan1:

It has been stated multiple times on this site that the character of Phyllis was 20 years old when she started in 1994. That would make the character of Phyllis 40. Right? True or not, it doesn't matter the actress' or the character's age. Other than younger characters, reaching milestones (i.e., turning 16, graduating from high school) when do the writers actually acknowledge someone's age? They don't. Actresses and actors play younger or older characters all the time. It's part of acting. In terms of physical appearances, some individuals look older than they are and some look younger. Arguing about the exact age of a character is pointless. When discussing which actress should replace MS as Phyllis, I think looking at talent and what that actress can bring to the role is more important than her exact age....Just saying....the age argument should move on because there is no point.

OR, they could soras her to be the appropriate age for her 37 yr old son (if she was 20 when she had him) and 18 yr old dotter..18 (daniels age when summer was born) + 19 yr old current summer. phyl should be 57 then

#67   2014/04/01 11:53AM
    TikiGirl

Quote valleycliffe:
    Quote TikiGirl:
    Quote Yrbigfan1:

OR, they could soras her to be the appropriate age for her 37 yr old son (if she was 20 when she had him) and 18 yr old dotter..18 (daniels age when summer was born) + 19 yr old current summer. phyl should be 57 then

Exactly. It doesn't matter. The true ages of characters rarely make sense, especially when there are kids involved. Michael Graziadei, who plays Daniel, is 34 in real life. His character should be approximately 18-20 years old. People need to stop focusing on ages. It's pointless.

#68   2014/04/01 11:58AM
    Yrbigfan1

Quote valleycliffe:
    Quote TikiGirl:
    Quote Yrbigfan1:

I agree with you here.

#69   2014/04/01 12:48PM
    kyun

To me, it doesn't really matter how the age thing makes no sense when there are children. The show has to age the kids in order to create stories. Age does matter to me, though, when it involves non-children adult characters who have had histories. So, with Phyllis it matters to me that it's known that Chris (the character - the actor was younger) was 16 when she modeled in 1983. She was still a model in 1986 when David Kimball, who was after Nina, threatened to ruin her face and career. That year, Nina was a young widow. Chris was, then, 19 and she was not a lawyer. After the Kimball story, though, Chris went on to become a lawyer. Although much of YR followed a realistic progression back then, we did not go through years of college and law school with Chris - that happened much faster. When Phyllis arrived on the scene, Chris had not been long established as a lawyer. She was 27. She would have finished 3 years of law school at age 25 and been a full-fledged lawyer for just 2 years. And like other law students, she had worked in an actual law firm during her schooling - for her, Legal Aid - over the years, so she was not a much-older long-time lawyer when Phyllis came to Genoa City. Danny was 16 in 1980 when he worked at a restaurant and wanted to be a rock star. He was 3 years older than Chris. Phyllis was 20 in 1994, so Chris was 27 and Danny 30. Chris was not at least 10 years older than Phyllis. With some yearly events I read about, it actually showed Chris to be 6 years (somewhere in that 6-year range) older than Phyllis. I looked at a number of sources and events and what keeps adding up is that Chris is 6-7 years older than Phyllis - I'm going with 7 - and Danny is 10 years older than Phyllis. I only care because of what happens with the non-offspring adults who have a long history together. When Phyllis is recast, I will not accept it if she is backward-SORASed (or whatever the right word is for this!) so that she is younger than someone she has always been older than, and vice versa. I have seen suggestions for younger Phyllises, as if the character's history doesn't matter. I don't mind a younger actor, but to a point - I do not want to see any of the long-time characters be mistreated by the casting of a much-younger Phyllis, and I'd say the same thing for any recasting. I don't care how old someone is in real life - older people play younger people all the time and younger people play older people all the time, like with Phyllis and Christine, but if the show tries changing actual character years in a way that doesn't make sense, that will bother me. Same goes for whoever is chosen to play Adam. It's not about real-life age but about character history (with the exception of changes that have to happen in order for children to age and get interesting stories) for me.

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2014/04/01 12:51PM
    #70   2014/04/01 01:14PM
    TikiGirl

I understand about the argument of history and trying to stay true to the story line. I absolutely agree. However, I would like someone to show me on an official Y&R site where it states the exact ages of characters. There is not one. It is a matter of opinion. Half of the people are saying Phyllis should be around 40. They other half are saying she closer to 50. So which is it? My point is, no matter what actress they bring on she will be within the age range of 40-50. So to make an argument that an actress cannot play this role because she is 42 simply because your personal perspective is that Phyllis is closer to 50 is not a valid argument. There is absolutely no solid evidence that states what Phyllis' age really is. I've watched the show for over 30 years. I don't care about her exact age. I care about whether there is a great story line and solid actors playing the role which keep Us coming back for more day after day & week after week.

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2014/04/01 01:16PM
    « 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list