List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

The Young and the Restless - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: The Young and the Restless Forum :: When did you start watching soaps and why??

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

When did you start watching soaps and why??

Started by taramartin at 2014/03/29 05:29AM
    Latest post: 2014/04/04 08:46AM, Views: 1787, Replies: 40
    « 1 2 3 4 5 » »| page:
    #31   2014/03/30 09:25PM
    Re: When did you start watching soaps and why??
    baybay

Gosh... way back in time. I first watched one when I was a little girl, visiting in the summer with my cousin. She watched As The World Turns and Edge of Night. They were only 15 to 30 minutes long back then. I then watched Dark Shadows and one day home sick from school back in 1963... saw the very first episode of General Hospital and I WAS HOOKED. Since that time I've watched several, all the way to today. I've watched Y&R as well as Bold and the Beautiful since their very first day.

#32   2014/03/31 12:32AM
    DeevaCulver

I was in kinergarten over 45 years ago!My mom used to watch The Doctors and Another World. When I got a little older I remember watching the first airing of All My Children. Over the years, I've watched EVERY soap to air. My favorite will ALWAYS be All My Children. In high school I used to schedule my classes around Y&R. My mom swore I never went to class! LOL

#33   2014/03/31 08:45AM
    georgebailey

I was home on spring break from college and I had just watched Love of Life with my mother. After Love of Life came on this brand new soap. I had never seen a soap from the very start. I was interested right away, the characters captured my attention. Brad Elliot and Sally made me want to tune in all week. I was then hooked. In the last 10 years I have been very disappointed, especially this past 6 months, but I keep on watching out of habit and the hope that it will get better.

#34   2014/03/31 01:17PM
    IndyFan

I started watching Y&R in Gr. 10 (30 years ago). A friend of mine watched it, told me it was a great show and got me hooked. She would tell me who was who and the back story of whatever was going on.

#35   2014/04/01 07:55AM
    cymry

Started watching with my mom in the late 50's. I got hooked on Secret Storm and the character "Amy" and Bibi Besch's role (?spelling) Also ATWT s/l with Meg Ryan as Betsy. Oh yes, I watched "The Gentle Giant", too. I didn't get to watch in later years due to work. Thank you for DVR!!!

#36   2014/04/01 08:24AM
    MATILDAJ

watching soaps 1955 search for tomonow waso guilight one life came on at eleven thirty, used to run home at lunch time from school to see these soap. i love the soap time you have on the tv.wish more feel that way.you have mess the bold and beautifu; up .what happen to nick ,jackie, this was about fashion not sex.were did you find mother and son. make that look stupid. way you wirten it,young restless what have you done with adama & phylis. would like to see them come back thank you matilda ps i seen good writeing soap & bad soaps i watch these soap long time. look at the old & you will see to the wireters of the soaps

#37   2014/04/01 02:57PM
    Blue 501

I started in 1980 with a high risk pregnancy. I was confined to bed most of the time & my arms got too weak to hold up a heavy book for hours. I was also alone until my inlaws came to babysit me. So for the 3 1/2 hours CBS soaps were on, I watched tv.

#38   2014/04/04 12:05AM
    NicknSharonfan

I started watching Y&R when I was 11. Just in time for Cassie's storyline back in 2005. My mom and grandma watched The Price is Right and Y&R together, so I watched Price is Right with them. I was never really interested in Y&R until I stayed in the room long enough to hear what was going on one day. Nick and Sharon scenes captivated me, and I've been rooting for them since.

#39   2014/04/04 04:10AM
    Vdalem

I was in elementary school when I first started watching Y&R. It was when Jack slept with someone on his wedding day and he was suppose to marry Paul's sister. Awww memories!

#40   2014/04/04 04:28AM
    hopey pix

I watched with my mom in 1969 first,when we got a new TV!!OLTL,GH and AW were first!I loved them,and picked up new ones all the time!I miss the hey-day of soaps so much now!!

« 1 2 3 4 5 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list