List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

The Young and the Restless - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: The Young and the Restless Forum :: When did you start watching soaps and why??

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

When did you start watching soaps and why??

Started by taramartin at 2014/03/29 05:29AM
    Latest post: 2014/04/04 08:46AM, Views: 1735, Replies: 40
    « 1 2 3 4 5 » »| page:
    #21   2014/03/29 02:21PM
    Re: When did you start watching soaps and why??
    BiancaReeseR...

I started watching Y&R in 2004 every day

I Watching all my Children on Youtube with Tamara Braun and Eden Riegel in 2010

And Gh Old Ep of Secound Carly over the Years

Because i love all of Actors on Y&R over The Years

And i love Eden Riegel and Tamara Braun

#22   2014/03/29 03:46PM
    pink kiity

I was 16 years old and in the 11th grade in high school when I Frist
    Started my firist soap was love of life

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2014/03/29 03:48PM
    #23   2014/03/30 08:07AM
    molly55

1966 Dark Shadows! I was 11yrs old and couldn't wait to get home from school to watch it. I even got my mom hooked on that one.
    At school we had a Dark Shadows fan club at recess after lunch each day. Even some of the teachers would stop by our group to discuss the show, lol.... Aw, I miss those simple days!

#24   2014/03/30 12:07PM
    g-mom

Started listening to the GUIDING LIGHT AND SEARCH FOR TOMORROW on the radio with my aunt,must have been about 7 or 8 yrs. old

#25   2014/03/30 02:38PM
    A fan since ...

for me it started with Y&R when the fosters where on there. i saw a lady with a veil over her face and wanted to know why.

then General Hospital when the story line of Leslie and her daughter Laura.

As the World Turns - Lily and Holden story line.

wow i go way back!! lol

#26   2014/03/30 03:34PM
    Brooksie82

I began watching because my ex-husband and I was going to marriage counseling. The therapist suggest that I take an interest in something he is interested in. He was a avid young and the restless viewer and so I started tuning in. We divorced eventually but by that time I was hooked on Y&R. Till death do us part because if this unbelievable and incredibly slow storylines haven't scared me away by now, I guess I am in it for the long haul!

#27   2014/03/30 04:12PM
    Feliciena

I've started watching in the early to mid seventies when I became a stay home mother. I think it started with Days of our Lives, ATWT & did start watching AMC & Y&R from the beginning but stopped when I went back to work. When I went on second shift in the early nineties, I started watching AMC & GH & remember watching B&B & One Life to Live but not for long, the last two. Eventually I started watching Y&R again & stopped watching AMC a couple of years before they were cancelled as once they got rid of so many of their vets, I lost interest. Now I watch Y&R & GH only.

#28   2014/03/30 07:09PM
    Soap Fan

I stared watching Y&R in July 1981 when I was seventeen. My girlfriend got me hooked on it.

#29   2014/03/30 08:01PM
    bunhead

My husband to be got me hooked on Y&R. Before that I watched GH but the spy stuff just got to be too much. We've been together for 27 years and I'm still hooked on Y&R.

#30   2014/03/30 08:37PM
    gracie45

I started with the Edge of Night, I was around 12 years old. Our family used to help an elderly couple out in their hayfields for a couple of weeks every summer. The woman used to disappear at a particular time, say 3:30 every day for just over half hour. One day she came back all in a flap exclaiming "Keith pushed Uncle Charley off the tower!!!" At first I thought she was talking about real people and when I realized it was a tv show I had to start watching. My parents got into it too, we watched "The Edge of" for years until it went off the air. Also Another World, Dark Shadows and Texas. I've watched Days at various times and Y&R. Also the classic night time soaps, Dallas, Knots and Dynasty. Those were the good old days of tv for sure.

« 1 2 3 4 5 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list