List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

The Young and the Restless - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: The Young and the Restless Forum :: When did you start watching soaps and why??

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

When did you start watching soaps and why??

Started by taramartin at 2014/03/29 05:29AM
    Latest post: 2014/04/04 08:46AM, Views: 1808, Replies: 40
    « 1 2 3 4 5 » »| page:
    #11   2014/03/29 09:58AM
    Re: When did you start watching soaps and why??
    patsfan65

Quote Supercouplevilly: Before high school, my sister wat8hed GH, I never got into it. I guess sometime after my parent's second divorce, I had the house to myself. I think it was Danny and Cricket that got me hooked, then I just watched all of the ones on CBS. I remember PB taking over as Jack, and I'm a little fuzzy, but I think there was different soap before B&B.

There was one called Capitol before B&B. it didn't last very long, however.

#12   2014/03/29 10:02AM
    patsfan65

I remember watching soaps with my mother when I was very young. As far as Y&R, it was back when Snapper was on. I also remember when Katherine was put in the mental hospital. I have no idea around what year that was.

#13   2014/03/29 10:07AM
    habbyfan

I was a young mother in 1962 my MIL would come over to spend time with the baby and she loved ATWT that is when I started.

#14   2014/03/29 10:38AM
    Supercouplev...

Quote patsfan65:
    Quote Supercouplevilly: Before high school, my sister wat8hed GH, I never got into it. I guess sometime after my parent's second divorce, I had the house to myself. I think it was Danny and Cricket that got me hooked, then I just watched all of the ones on CBS. I remember PB taking over as Jack, and I'm a little fuzzy, but I think there was different soap before B&B.

There was one called Capitol before B&B. it didn't last very long, however.

TY, I guess that was when I started watching, sometime during it's short run.

#15   2014/03/29 11:42AM
    hopey pix

That's a great story Habby!!Me.I started to watch Another World,General Hospital,One Life To Live and Dark Shadows in 1969,when my Mom discovered them too!I would see them for years,on and off after school and summer holidays!Always loved them right from that time,when my Dad got a new B&W TV in 1969,that's when we could get ABC and it came in better when we could get it our a crummy old one before this!It opened up alot,and I just loved these shows!Then The Best of Everything and All My Children were on in 1970,I liked these too!But,Best lasted only a few months!These are such great shows and memories for me!Like this post too!!

#16   2014/03/29 11:53AM
    MissCrayCray

I'm also a viewer from waaaaay back. I would watch GL, Search For Tomorrow, Secret Storm, ATWT and Edge of Night. I'm 62 and I think I remember watching as far back as 1956. Every now and then I'll pull up some segments on Youtube and listen to the theme music from that time and boy it brings up great memories. Makes me think of my mom who passed away years ago.

#17   2014/03/29 12:26PM
    Lady53

Guiding Light
    Search for Tomorrow
    Love of Life
    Edge of Night
    Secret Storm
    Dark Shadows
    Another world
    Love is a Many Splendored Thing
    Y&R
    ATWT
    GH
    B&B off n on over the yrs

#18   2014/03/29 01:30PM
    taramartin

My friend and I started watching Love of Life during summers while we were in HS. Tess and Bill were the big storyline then. Later, handsome Christopher Reeve was on.
    All My Children started about the time I became a stay at home mom. Erica amazed me. The girl could turn the town upside down. There were only a few channels to watch then. I also watched Search for Tomorrow, Ryan's Hope, One Life to Live, General Hospital, Y&R and B&B thru the years.

#19   2014/03/29 01:30PM
    taramartin

My friend and I started watching Love of Life during summers while we were in HS. Tess and Bill were the big storyline then. Later, handsome Christopher Reeve was on.
    All My Children started about the time I became a stay at home mom. Erica amazed me. The girl could turn the town upside down. There were only a few channels to watch then. I also watched Search for Tomorrow, Ryan's Hope, One Life to Live, General Hospital, Y&R and B&B thru the years.

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2014/03/29 01:31PM
    #20   2014/03/29 01:36PM
    soapy-sister

Back in the day 1957 or 58 when Search For Tomorrow was on 15 mins a day with my Mom & aunt's from then on I've been addicted. Y&R since it's birth April 1973

« 1 2 3 4 5 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list