List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

The Young and the Restless - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: The Young and the Restless Forum :: How many actresses have played Lily?

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

How many actresses have played Lily?

Started by feronie at 2007/11/14 03:22PM
    Latest post: 2007/11/16 03:16PM, Views: 1843, Replies: 20
    1 2 3 » »| page:
    #1   2007/11/14 03:22PM
    How many actresses have played Lily?
    feronie

Why did they fire D. Sherwood?
    Why did they rehire C. Khalil?
    It seems to me that these actresses play the part very
    differently, so what was the point of switching actresses?
    Couldn't the writers decide how they wanted Lily to be?

#2   2007/11/14 03:25PM
    Re: How many actresses have played Lily?
    cherchezlefemme

I like your post. Good question - couldn't the writers decide how they wanted Lily to be... guess not because they made this one into a whiny needy brat... This character if very un-Dru-like.

#3   2007/11/14 03:34PM
    momajenny

i think I read that they didn't like the way that the new Lilly portrayed her and the actress stated that she had never studied or watched the first Lilly so she just played her as she thought she should be.......and the writers didn't like it I guess.

#4   2007/11/14 03:41PM
    cherchezlefemme

The former Lily (DS) played her more "sistah" like, the present Lily plays her more simple minded cloistered lil rich girl... Funny because the same actress played Lily as rebellious, disobedient, sneaky and sexual... She ran off with a dude she met on the internet (Kevin) and caught Clamidia... This time she plays needy, sexually inexperienced even though she ran off to be married, lived with a man, she needs to consult Colleen??? She should be giving Colleen tips... The other actress played Lily as wise, independent, but loving to both husband and her family... My opinion is that the writers could not deal with DS playing the role as a "Black" female... the Current Lily is colorless... no ethnicity whatsoever... Which is not believable because she had Malcolm and Dru as parents... AND more importantly for the formative young years Drucilla raised Lily by herself... Which for me means she would have more Dru-like tendancies which DS exhibited.

#5   2007/11/14 03:43PM
    cherchezlefemme

Y'all know I'm gonna get hammered for this one... But it's my opinion... I was truly disappointed when they brought back the current Lily. I think she is a terrific actress, but just not in this role... I wish they could have brought her on as Jack's illegitimate daughter... She would be totally believable!

#6   2007/11/14 04:15PM
    billsboy

Brooke Marie Bridges ( Todd Bridges' (Willis) Different Strokes)niece and Vanessa Carson played Lily as a little girl.Christel Khalil played Lily as a teenager from July 2002 to September 2005 and Davetta Sherwood played Lily from February 2006 until October 2006. I liked both the adult portrayls of Lily. Each actress presented different sides to her personality and right now we should be glad that the character was not written off the show and has a strong storyline going.

Modified 2 times(s), last time at: 2007/11/15 06:35AM
    #7   2007/11/14 05:11PM
    OspreyGirl

Quote cherchezlefemme: Y'all know I'm gonna get hammered for this one... But it's my opinion... I was truly disappointed when they brought back the current Lily. I think she is a terrific actress, but just not in this role... I wish they could have brought her on as Jack's illegitimate daughter... She would be totally believable!

I know this Lily 'who played it best' thing keeps coming up, and ITA---Davetta made the Lily character more 'real.' She had amazing chemistry with Daniel, and with her family...I remember the lake/skinny dipping scene with Daniel, and how the then Lily (portrayed by Davetta) didn't bat an eye!

Cristel's 'Lily' would have been like 'Ummm, Daniel, we would be totally busted by the cops. I'm not getting in there, you go...'

But when Cristel was free to come back to the show, they let Davetta go--which I still think was cold blooded, but oh well...

#8   2007/11/15 03:05AM
    sutherngirl

I actually like CK as Lily because I feel she fits the role better. Regardless who played Lily they were going to have the same lines to read so if DS played the part she will still be a whiny..So what's the difference?

#9   2007/11/15 07:31AM
    Tack_Kia

Quote 1cooky:
    Quote cherchezlefemme: The former Lily (DS) played her more "sistah" like, the present Lily plays her more simple minded cloistered lil rich girl... Funny because the same actress played Lily as rebellious, disobedient, sneaky and sexual... She ran off with a dude she met on the internet (Kevin) and caught Clamidia... This time she plays needy, sexually inexperienced even though she ran off to be married, lived with a man, she needs to consult Colleen??? She should be giving Colleen tips... The other actress played Lily as wise, independent, but loving to both husband and her family... My opinion is that the writers could not deal with DS playing the role as a "Black" female... the Current Lily is colorless... no ethnicity whatsoever... Which is not believable because she had Malcolm and Dru as parents... AND more importantly for the formative young years Drucilla raised Lily by herself... Which for me means she would have more Dru-like tendancies which DS exhibited.

I Totally agree!!!!!!!! Davita played the roll as Dru's daughter perfectly. Well said!! ...I was even getting frustrated with the way the writers were having Dru portrayed as a crazy "colorless" woman. Dru, in all of her fabulous-ness, would never have behaved as a crazy woman......mad as heck? Yes!...but I thought Dru wouldve handled her business not go to the nut-house.
    It's as if these current writers dont know Y&R history.

I agree with you both. Crystal is a good actress but does not play the role as good as Davetta. I understand they just read what's written but obviously it's more to it then that.

1 2 3 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list