List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

The Young and the Restless - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: The Young and the Restless Forum :: Nick, Summer, and Cassie question

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

Nick, Summer, and Cassie question

Started by savytabby at 2014/03/18 07:35PM
    Latest post: 2014/03/19 10:39AM, Views: 737, Replies: 6
    page:
    #1   2014/03/18 07:35PM
    Nick, Summer, and Cassie question
    savytabby

Does Summer know that Cassie is/was Nick's adopted daughter, that he wasn't her biological father? I think that would be an interesting angle to the story, that Summer's life was upended twice -- once when Nick didn't tell the truth 18 years ago and again when Sharon (allegedly) changed the results -- because he couldn't cope with the death of a child that wasn't biologically his and yet she, his biological daughter, has lived her whole life in Cassie's shadow. I mean, let's face it -- even Nick more or less said she was a replacement for Cassie. Please understand I'm not saying Nick shouldn't grieve/mourn/miss Cassie because I know he was her father in every way that counted and he did adopt her, I'm just not sure if it's ever been established with Summer that Nick had adopted Cassie and wonder if that would make a difference to her.

#2   2014/03/18 07:41PM
    Re: Nick, Summer, and Cassie question
    calliope

I think she does know.

#3   2014/03/19 06:10AM
    zoltan

Quote savytabby: Does Summer know that Cassie is/was Nick's adopted daughter, that he wasn't her biological father? I think that would be an interesting angle to the story, that Summer's life was upended twice -- once when Nick didn't tell the truth 18 years ago and again when Sharon (allegedly) changed the results -- because he couldn't cope with the death of a child that wasn't biologically his and yet she, his biological daughter, has lived her whole life in Cassie's shadow. I mean, let's face it -- even Nick more or less said she was a replacement for Cassie. Please understand I'm not saying Nick shouldn't grieve/mourn/miss Cassie because I know he was her father in every way that counted and he did adopt her, I'm just not sure if it's ever been established with Summer that Nick had adopted Cassie and wonder if that would make a difference to her.

I never thought about this. I am not so sure she knows. Nick talks about Cassie as if she were his. I don't remember him ever speaking of her adoption.

#4   2014/03/19 07:02AM
    deceived

When you adopt, you usually drop all that kind of talk, so they feel part of the family... I think Summer knows... but Cassie was a Newman all the way. Which makes this behavior from Victor so weird. My problem is, how is Cassie and Summer going to relate? Summer is still supposed to be around 10... so this is weird to me... and maybe to some that have watched for over 30 years...

#5   2014/03/19 07:47AM
    zoltan

Quote deceived: When you adopt, you usually drop all that kind of talk, so they feel part of the family... I think Summer knows... but Cassie was a Newman all the way. Which makes this behavior from Victor so weird. My problem is, how is Cassie and Summer going to relate? Summer is still supposed to be around 10... so this is weird to me... and maybe to some that have watched for over 30 years...

Good points. But many adoptive parents do tell their kids they are adopted. Some parents even encourage their kids to find their biological parents.

#6   2014/03/19 08:44AM
    mswadel

We are supposed to put our brains on hold and just go with whatever the writers write, not question a darn thing.

#7   2014/03/19 10:39AM
    APRIL JOY

That sad thing about all this is cassie look alike is about the same age summer is.if this is to be cassie she would be in her thirties but she looks the same age as summer and Noah.so this s.l is way off.so many years so many believe that summer was jacks then they went there only to go back and say Sharon changed the test so summer is really nick.they bring on this cassie look alike to drive ShAron crazy.if they are going to make summer nicks then why go there from the get go .Why waste our time all these months.if they really do go there and make summer nicks after all this not sure how much loyal viwer I can be.I know one person can't make a difference but at this rate they need to end the show.

page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list