List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

The Young and the Restless - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: The Young and the Restless Forum :: sigh ...nothing happening!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

sigh ...nothing happening!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Started by lovealldogs at 2014/03/18 04:23AM
    Latest post: 2014/03/19 08:09AM, Views: 1734, Replies: 28
    « 1 2 3 page:
    #21   2014/03/18 10:00PM
    Re: sigh ...nothing happening!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    moehop

Quote Deana4Villy: There used to be this really artful balance where there might have been 4 or 5 story lines going, but they were all in different levels of progression. Every Friday was cliffhanger Friday, and while one story was climaxing, another one was heating up ready to be that cliffhanger the next week. Then there were generally two that were just progressing, and one that was just a hint of what was to come. Lately, it's all drama, or all just progressing along, it seems. I miss the balance.

I think you are so right!!!

#22   2014/03/18 10:09PM
    Ruby and Teddy

It would seem to me that if there was to be any real drama in the show, it would have been there by now. Frankly, I don’t think we can expect any plausible writing with substance from the current regime. If they really had suspense, drama, romances in mind, then what are they waiting for? The way things are going on the show, for me it would be better waiting to see if the ground hog sees its shadow. At least we would know what we’re waiting for.

#23   2014/03/19 01:56AM
    Feliciena

I still enjoy the show but the storylines are dragged out too long so one gets bored with it. I haven't liked Billy since Delia's death so the old or new Billy makes no difference. I tend to adjust to a recast because that is part of a soap as many actors don't stay that long for various reasons. I really miss the 2 actors but they left 3 mos. ago so they have moved on also.

#24   2014/03/19 02:27AM
    Sinny

Quote Woodsgirl:
    Quote lovealldogs: I haven't bothered to watch once in the past few weeks because NOTHING is progressing. Very, Very boring. NOT ONE s/l is close to rapping up.
    ever single s/l has come to a stand still. So many should just be thrown out... and start over. Sorry about the rant but plesssssssss Y&r has turned in one LONG SNL skit.
    Many of us posters here could do a much better job at writing.... and it wouldn't take much effort.
    sigh

Agreed. I thought yesterday"s show was so boring. Can't stand Colin and Jill story line. Tried to like nuBilly, just across as a whiny kid. Could go on but won't. I'm falling asleep just talking about it!

I am with you.,.. horrible boring stuff.. nothing exciting.. nothing fun.. all boring stuff they have done a kazillion times.

#25   2014/03/19 02:30AM
    Sinny

Quote LaBrae:
    Quote lovealldogs: I haven't bothered to watch once in the past few weeks because NOTHING is progressing. Very, Very boring. NOT ONE s/l is close to rapping up.
    ever single s/l has come to a stand still. So many should just be thrown out... and start over. Sorry about the rant but plesssssssss Y&r has turned in one LONG SNL skit.
    Many of us posters here could do a much better job at writing.... and it wouldn't take much effort.
    sigh

ITA! Its like if you miss an episode....you haven't missed anything, b/c they're basically repeating the same lines each time each scene. IMO, this is the worst Y&R has been when it comes to moving along. I'm so bored with the code talking in scenes. What's the relationship between Stitch and Kelly, and who did he murder? When are we going to finally see a full bodied Mariah interacting in a scene with others? When will Sharon ever break down and tell Nick what she did regarding Summer's paternity and will he ever catch a glimpse of fakeCassie as she taunts Sharon? I mean, the show has always had undesirable SLs, but not each and every one at the same time. The show's writing is really lacking. Its very depressing.

Not only do they keep repeating the same stories the characters are saying the same lines day after day after day and then they repeat it all over again.. The show is too boring.. too vanilla.. not enough suspense..

#26   2014/03/19 02:34AM
    Sinny

Quote calliope: Maybe I am just simple minded. I enjoy Y&R, the good and the bad. If I didn't I wouldn't watch it anymore. (As I have done with B&B)

I wish I enjoyed it like I used to and I think that is why I keep watching.. I keep hoping these writers will be fired like the last few.. and that is what I keep hoping for so I can get the show I used to enjoy back..and I guess people are different.. some will keep watching out of habit and some tune out.. I don't think either is wrong.

#27   2014/03/19 06:12AM
    zoltan

This week is a bust. But the writers will soon start setting up stories for May sweeps so things should be better.

#28   2014/03/19 07:32AM
    Sinny

This week is a bust.. last week was a bust.. feb sweeps came and went without anything interesting being done..another bust.. I doubt may sweeps will be any different.

#29   2014/03/19 08:09AM
    Supercouplev...

Quote Feliciena: I still enjoy the show but the storylines are dragged out too long so one gets bored with it. I haven't liked Billy since Delia's death so the old or new Billy makes no difference. I tend to adjust to a recast because that is part of a soap as many actors don't stay that long for various reasons. I really miss the 2 actors but they left 3 mos. ago so they have moved on also.

Billy visited a CBS studio last mont, where a friend of his tweeted a picture with him, and hash tagged it therealbillyabbott. Just because they aren't on the show, doesn't mean they moved on.

« 1 2 3 page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list