List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

The Young and the Restless - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: The Young and the Restless Forum :: sigh ...nothing happening!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

sigh ...nothing happening!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Started by lovealldogs at 2014/03/18 04:23AM
    Latest post: 2014/03/19 08:09AM, Views: 1737, Replies: 28
    « 1 2 3 » »| page:
    #11   2014/03/18 10:46AM
    Re: sigh ...nothing happening!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    roseofsharon...

Quote Deana4Villy: There used to be this really artful balance where there might have been 4 or 5 story lines going, but they were all in different levels of progression. Every Friday was cliffhanger Friday, and while one story was climaxing, another one was heating up ready to be that cliffhanger the next week. Then there were generally two that were just progressing, and one that was just a hint of what was to come. Lately, it's all drama, or all just progressing along, it seems. I miss the balance.

I agree. I remember when I wouldn't take telephone calls or want anyone to come by at the time Y&R was on. Of course, back then we didn't have devo or what ever they call it. I couldn't wait for Friday's and everyday for that matter. Y&R was the bomb. I am hoping we are getting back to that era.

#12   2014/03/18 12:10PM
    Y_R30yrFan

I totally agree! Some storylines needs to wrap up so others can take over.
    Currently, there at too many stand still storylines. Needs to move along.

#13   2014/03/18 12:49PM
    BuggyforBilly

Quote Woodsgirl:
    Quote lovealldogs: I haven't bothered to watch once in the past few weeks because NOTHING is progressing. Very, Very boring. NOT ONE s/l is close to rapping up.
    ever single s/l has come to a stand still. So many should just be thrown out... and start over. Sorry about the rant but plesssssssss Y&r has turned in one LONG SNL skit.
    Many of us posters here could do a much better job at writing.... and it wouldn't take much effort.
    sigh

Agreed. I thought yesterday"s show was so boring. Can't stand Colin and Jill story line. Tried to like nuBilly, just across as a whiny kid. Could go on but won't. I'm falling asleep just talking about it!

Same here, but we're holding out hope that something good will happen, yes? Although, I must say, hope is fading ...

#14   2014/03/18 01:03PM
    deceived

Quote Deana4Villy: There used to be this really artful balance where there might have been 4 or 5 story lines going, but they were all in different levels of progression. Every Friday was cliffhanger Friday, and while one story was climaxing, another one was heating up ready to be that cliffhanger the next week. Then there were generally two that were just progressing, and one that was just a hint of what was to come. Lately, it's all drama, or all just progressing along, it seems. I miss the balance.

My thoughts exactly. Balance is badly needed, and transitions...instead of choppy S/Ls and scenes...we need Cliffhanger Friday...
    The way I remember it in the glory days...Three S/Ls going on at once...beginning, middle, end, but the beautiful balance of the flow of the years of memories. Like Victor and Nikki at the Colonaide Room. Victor and Ashley affair. Nick and Sharon, and how they came to be, the Winters family... etc...

#15   2014/03/18 01:08PM
    deceived

Quote roseofsharon1942:

I agree. I remember when I wouldn't take telephone calls or want anyone to come by at the time Y&R was on. Of course, back then we didn't have devo or what ever they call it. I couldn't wait for Friday's and everyday for that matter. Y&R was the bomb. I am hoping we are getting back to that era.

The art and secret to romance is 'suspense', the suspense and romance was so well written, I would actually be on pins and needles waiting for the next days epi, Fridays, forget it!!! LOL

#16   2014/03/18 06:27PM
    LaBrae

Quote lovealldogs: I haven't bothered to watch once in the past few weeks because NOTHING is progressing. Very, Very boring. NOT ONE s/l is close to rapping up.
    ever single s/l has come to a stand still. So many should just be thrown out... and start over. Sorry about the rant but plesssssssss Y&r has turned in one LONG SNL skit.
    Many of us posters here could do a much better job at writing.... and it wouldn't take much effort.
    sigh

ITA! Its like if you miss an episode....you haven't missed anything, b/c they're basically repeating the same lines each time each scene. IMO, this is the worst Y&R has been when it comes to moving along. I'm so bored with the code talking in scenes. What's the relationship between Stitch and Kelly, and who did he murder? When are we going to finally see a full bodied Mariah interacting in a scene with others? When will Sharon ever break down and tell Nick what she did regarding Summer's paternity and will he ever catch a glimpse of fakeCassie as she taunts Sharon? I mean, the show has always had undesirable SLs, but not each and every one at the same time. The show's writing is really lacking. Its very depressing.

#17   2014/03/18 06:39PM
    calliope

Maybe I am just simple minded. I enjoy Y&R, the good and the bad. If I didn't I wouldn't watch it anymore. (As I have done with B&B)

#18   2014/03/18 06:48PM
    LaBrae

I agree, I also miss the balance. I also miss the business storylines. Now they seem to be non-existent. I'm also bored with not many home settings, now most scenes are either at the GCAC, or Crimson Lights. Very few home settings these days for characters outside of the Newman, Abbott, or Chancellor stories.

#19   2014/03/18 06:57PM
    SBREE

I find the show very boring! I agree there in nothing happening. The new Billy looks like a child compared to Victoria. The story lines are all boring. I think this has been happening for a while and I just realized how boring the show had become after Phyllis left and Billy was recast. The new Adam better be amazing or I think I will just stop watching.

#20   2014/03/18 07:19PM
    Suzy R

I agree timing is everything on a soap. Way to many S/L's hanging on forever. I've gotten where I don't give a rat's behind how these story lines end anymore. Agree with a lot of you other posters, what happened to our Friday's cliffhangers, and about 3 or 4 story lines at a time only? Getting bored of the waiting game. Way to many S/L's we are all waiting on for a conclusion. Writer's get on the ball will ya!

« 1 2 3 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list