List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

The Young and the Restless - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: The Young and the Restless Forum :: What is up with Victor- why does he despise Sharon

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

What is up with Victor- why does he despise Sharon

Started by PhillieGirl at 2014/03/14 07:05PM
    Latest post: 2014/03/19 10:21AM, Views: 6904, Replies: 200
    « 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 » »| page:
    #171   2014/03/17 05:05PM
    Re: What is up with Victor- why does he despise Sharon
    77RestlessFan

Quote janetb:
    Quote 77RestlessFan:
    Quote Little_Debbie:
    Quote 77RestlessFan:
    Quote marshal: Victor always cared for Sharon and then when Cassie passed away, Nick took to the barn with Phyllis and all the blame was placed on Sharon. If not for Nick's actions with Phyllis and Phyllis going to Jack and have sex, there wouldn't have had the need for Summer's paternity question. In soapland these are things that goes on and to be able to debate these things and the characters involved is what makes good debates. The blaming game is seen only if one choses to.

Here is the part of the story that is missing. If Sharon had not been a promiscuous teenager in high school, and if Sharon had not been so stupid as to have unprotected sex, then she would not have gotten pregnant, there would be no Cassie so Nick and Sharon would not have been grieving Cassie's death because there would be no Cassie. Then Nick and Sharon would not be able to use losing a child as an excuse for every wrong step they have ever made in life.

It is a MYTH that Sharon was "promiscuous" as a teenager. More to the truth would be that Sharon was an adorable girl and lots of boys were attracted to her. One particular boy was Matt, and he was able to talk her into being intimate with him. He was quite handsome and a good talker. As far as being "stupid" enough to get pregnant, I think Matt either sweet-talked her into not making him wear a condom, or he just lied and said he had one on. It's the boy who is stupid in this case.

Matt was not Cassie's father. Sharon had Cassie when she was screwing around with Frank. That was before she moved moved to GC. Sharon lived in Madison when she got knocked up by Frank. She met Matt when she came to GC. So she never learns. She already got knocked up once and was on her way again.

I always thought it took two people to get pregnant. It's all the guys' fault where Sharon is concerned? Really????

Of course, every wrong turn Sharon makes is someone else's fault.

#172   2014/03/17 05:10PM
    77RestlessFan

Quote marshal:
    Quote 77RestlessFan:
    Quote marshal:
    Quote Little_Debbie:
    Quote 77RestlessFan:
    Quote marshal: Victor always cared for Sharon and then when Cassie passed away, Nick took to the barn with Phyllis and all the blame was placed on Sharon. If not for Nick's actions with Phyllis and Phyllis going to Jack and have sex, there wouldn't have had the need for Summer's paternity question. In soapland these are things that goes on and to be able to debate these things and the characters involved is what makes good debates. The blaming game is seen only if one choses to.

Here is the part of the story that is missing. If Sharon had not been a promiscuous teenager in high school, and if Sharon had not been so stupid as to have unprotected sex, then she would not have gotten pregnant, there would be no Cassie so Nick and Sharon would not have been grieving Cassie's death because there would be no Cassie. Then Nick and Sharon would not be able to use losing a child as an excuse for every wrong step they have ever made in life.

It is a MYTH that Sharon was "promiscuous" as a teenager. More to the truth would be that Sharon was an adorable girl and lots of boys were attracted to her. One particular boy was Matt, and he was able to talk her into being intimate with him. He was quite handsome and a good talker. As far as being "stupid" enough to get pregnant, I think Matt either sweet-talked her into not making him wear a condom, or he just lied and said he had one on. It's the boy who is stupid in this case.

I'm always amazed at this, the woman should have used protection. Doesn't all men get a pass when it comes to protective sex. Not for me its as much a man's job to make sure he doesn't become a father. I wish parents would educate their sons not only their daughter.

Yes the woman should use protection because she is the one who can get hurt the worse. She is the one who has to spend 9 months carrying a child and then child birth. The guy can get up and walk away. Not that the woman is more to blame, but it is common sense to make sure you protect yourself since yours is the greatest burden to bear if things go wrong. It is not like Sharon didn't know she could get pregnant. Or maybe she was that stupid.

Really giving guys a pass with this excuse. Many girls had a child and never regretted it. Sharon was told by her mother not to keep the baby because they couldn't afford it. Sharon did the next best thing and eventually was rewarded. Cassie came back in her life and she loved this child until she died.

There are many young girls that are in that situation that never gave up their children. And here we go again. Sharon's mother is to blame for Sharon giving up Cassie. All Sharon had to do was keep her legs closed. She couldn't even do that and according to what has played out on the screen, she still can't.

#173   2014/03/17 05:11PM
    TSHM

Quote 77RestlessFan:
    Quote Little_Debbie:
    Quote 77RestlessFan:

All the fan fiction in the world won't change the fact that Sharon got knocked up before she was out of high school. Good girls don't have that happen to them. And who was to say that Frank was the only boy she was intimate with. This nonsense about a lot of boys being attracted to her, the promiscuous girls always had a lot of boys attracted to them.

Wow, okay I can't believe what I just read . Sharon was a teenager who as far as we know got pregnant once and gave the baby up for adoption. Nice girls get pregnant And nice boys get them pregnant . Unfortunately There are many reasons why teenagers have sex , it's sad and I wish we as a nation could drastically reduce unwanted pregnancies and teenage pregnancies. If your going to have sex use birth control and that goes for the male not just the female. Getting back to reel life Sharon was a teenager but whats Phil's excuse getting knocked up by a married man when she is damn near 50! What's Chelsea's excuse getting pregnant, oh yes shes a Con artist ! None of the characters male or female R above anyone else . They R all hypocrites with Victor the King .

#174   2014/03/17 05:16PM
    Little_Debbie

Quote 77RestlessFan:
    Quote Little_Debbie:
    Quote 77RestlessFan:

Matt was not Cassie's father. Sharon had Cassie when she was screwing around with Frank. That was before she moved moved to GC. Sharon lived in Madison when she got knocked up by Frank. She met Matt when she came to GC. So she never learns. She already got knocked up once and was on her way again. BTW, neither of the guys had to go through a pregnancy so it would be very much to her advantage to be sure that she was protected. She should not have been engaging in things that she couldn't handle. (Stupid)

Yes, Frank! You've got a good memory! However, our interpretations of Sharon's moral character are at opposite ends of the spectrum…perhaps, she fell somewhere in-between angel and devil… normal teen.

#175   2014/03/17 05:18PM
    marshal

Sharon was a sweet beautiful girl from the start. Her mother's decision to have her give up the baby was not an excuse where I'm. The mother knew a child was not in their lives to be and both agreed with the decision which was certainly not a bad one. Eventually this child became precious to both. As for keeping her legs closed I find this grossly said. In this story many women should of done that and I see none being called out for it. Sharon at least was never so low class as to try and make another man the father's child by drugging him.

#176   2014/03/17 05:20PM
    TSHM

Quote marshal: Sharon was a sweet beautiful girl from the start. Her mother's decision to have her give up the baby was not an excuse where I'm. The mother knew a child was not in their lives to be and both agreed with the decision which was certainly not a bad one. Eventually this child became precious to both. As for keeping her legs closed I find this grossly said. In this story many women should of done that and I see none being called out for it. Sharon at least was never so low class as to try and make another man the father's child by drugging him.

So true!

#177   2014/03/17 05:30PM
    77RestlessFan

Quote TSHM:
    Quote 77RestlessFan:
    Quote Little_Debbie:
    Quote 77RestlessFan:

All the fan fiction in the world won't change the fact that Sharon got knocked up before she was out of high school. Good girls don't have that happen to them. And who was to say that Frank was the only boy she was intimate with. This nonsense about a lot of boys being attracted to her, the promiscuous girls always had a lot of boys attracted to them.

Wow, okay I can't believe what I just read . Sharon was a teenager who as far as we know got pregnant once and gave the baby up for adoption. Nice girls get pregnant And nice boys get them pregnant . Unfortunately There are many reasons why teenagers have sex , it's sad and I wish we as a nation could drastically reduce unwanted pregnancies and teenage pregnancies. If your going to have sex use birth control and that goes for the male not just the female. Getting back to reel life Sharon was a teenager but whats Phil's excuse getting knocked up by a married man when she is damn near 50! What's Chelsea's excuse getting pregnant, oh yes shes a Con artist ! None of the characters male or female R above anyone else . They R all hypocrites with Victor the King .

At least Phyllis had an excuse, she had been told by numerous doctors that she couldn't get pregnant. She almost died trying to get pregnant when she was married to Jack with hormones shots and everything she couldn't conceive. So I can understand that she thought she couldn't get pregnant. What has played out on the screen shows that Sharon is STILL promiscuous. She cheated on Nick multiple times during their marriage and during that same marriage she got pregnant and didn't know if it was Nick's or not. As it happened she fell and lost the baby. Then she ran off abandoned her family and got involved sexually with Cameron. After that she cheated on Jack with Nick and got knocked up again. In the mean time she was picking up men in Jimmy's bar and then slept with Billy. Then she got involved with Adam and when he dumped her she was picking up men at OTB. Adam caught her and called her on it. Faith is still illegitimate as the result of an affair with a married man. So Sharon has been promiscuous through out her entire tenure on the show. And Faith is proof that she still hasn't gotten any smarter.

#178   2014/03/17 05:35PM
    77RestlessFan

Quote marshal: Sharon was a sweet beautiful girl from the start. Her mother's decision to have her give up the baby was not an excuse where I'm. The mother knew a child was not in their lives to be and both agreed with the decision which was certainly not a bad one. Eventually this child became precious to both. As for keeping her legs closed I find this grossly said. In this story many women should of done that and I see none being called out for it. Sharon at least was never so low class as to try and make another man the father's child by drugging him.

Sharon lied to Jack and had him believing that he was Faith's father. When Jack found out he was furious and read her the riot act. And I was so glad. He didn't let her get away with the self pitying tears and the woe is me act either. He walked out on her and has been done with her romantically ever since. So this thing with Summer will be the second time she has done this to Jack. Disgusting.

#179   2014/03/17 06:17PM
    77RestlessFan

Quote Little_Debbie:
    Quote 77RestlessFan:
    Quote Little_Debbie:
    Quote 77RestlessFan:

Matt was not Cassie's father. Sharon had Cassie when she was screwing around with Frank. That was before she moved moved to GC. Sharon lived in Madison when she got knocked up by Frank. She met Matt when she came to GC. So she never learns. She already got knocked up once and was on her way again. BTW, neither of the guys had to go through a pregnancy so it would be very much to her advantage to be sure that she was protected. She should not have been engaging in things that she couldn't handle. (Stupid)

Yes, Frank! You've got a good memory! However, our interpretations of Sharon's moral character are at opposite ends of the spectrum…perhaps, she fell somewhere in-between angel and devil… normal teen.

Although there are many girls who wind up teen pregnancy statistics, the overwhelming majority do not. I do however want to be clear about my interpretation of Sharon's moral character. One of the things that bothers me (and there are many) is the fact that she is such a hypocrite. She is always saying that someone has no class, or the way she sneered at Chelsea because she got a GED diploma, she told Victoria that some guy she was dating wasn't her type because he had no money or social status, when she told Nick that he shouldn't feel bad about what he did to Phyllis because she manipulates people and breaks up marriages. She has the gaul to say those things about other people and look down her nose when she has done those same things and worse. But the thing that bothers me most is her willingness to use, manipulate, and then toss aside her own children and the fact that she is ok with doing what she did to Summer in pursuit of her agenda which is usually to snag the 'homme du jour' I think that is reprehensible and more than anything shows amoral character. Anyway the idea of Sharon as a sweet compassionate person just doesn't hold water IMO.

#180   2014/03/17 06:27PM
    77RestlessFan

Talk about fan fiction. There has never been anything that played out on the screen showing what Sharon was like or her life in Madison. She came to GC to start anew and no one knew anything about her life in Madison. That was the point of moving to GC. So if it didn't play out on the screen, it didn't happen. We only know that she was a teenage pregnancy and also that her mother is in a wheel chair because she was trying to stop Sharon from running with some other man she had taken off with and had an accident. That doesn't say sweet to me, that says out of control promiscuous teen. Cassie was headed down the same road when she got killed.

« 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list