List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

The Young and the Restless - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: The Young and the Restless Forum :: Total Viewers UP;Ratings the same:March 3-7, 2014

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

Total Viewers UP;Ratings the same:March 3-7, 2014

Started by MsSuperSuds at 2014/03/14 12:30PM
    Latest post: 2014/03/21 09:21AM, Views: 681, Replies: 7
    page:
    #1   2014/03/14 12:30PM
    Total Viewers UP;Ratings the same:March 3-7, 2014
    MsSuperSuds

Ratings Report: Week of March 3-7, 2014

(Compared to Last Week/Compared to Last Year)

Total Viewers
    1. Y&R 5,027,000 (+188,000/+478,000)

Households
    1. Y&R 3.6/11 (same/+.2)

Women 18-49 Viewers
    1. Y&R 785,000 (+12,000/-40,000)

Women 18-49 Rating
    1. Y&R 1.2/8 (same/-.1)

Women 18-34 Viewers
    1. GH 256,000 (+29,000/+40,000)
    2. DAYS 201,000 (+11,000/+15,000)
    3. Y&R 190,000 (-190,000/+2,000)
    4. B&B 177,000 (+10,000/+7,000)

Women 18-34 Rating
    1. GH 0.8 (+.1/+.2)
    2. DAYS 0.6 (same/+.1)
    2. Y&R 0.6 (same/same)
    4. B&B 0.5 (same/same)

Women 25-54 Viewers
    1. Y&R 1,167,000 (+46,000/+7,000)

Women 25-54 Rating
    1. Y&R 1.9 (+.1/same)

Day-To-Day Ratings – HH/Total Viewers

Y&R
    Monday: 4.0/5,461,000
    Tuesday: 3.4/4,665,000
    Wednesday: 3.7/5,004,000
    Thursday: 3.5/4,999,000
    Friday: 3.6/5,006,000

Total Viewers are UP slightly while the overall ratings are the same for this week. Y&R is still wrestling with the other 3 soaps for the #1 spot in the 18-34 demographic. Y&R tied w/ Days for second place again this week. If you look at the 18-49 demographic, Y&R is not not too far ahead of GH when it comes to total viewers in the 18-49 demographic. Only 55,000 viewers separate the two soaps by .1 of a ratings point. I think the writing makes the difference. GH tends to make better use of its acquisitions to the cast. I notice that Donna Mills makes her debut today and I am sure that the writing will enhance her stint on the show. I love that Tristan Rogers and Ray Wise were added to Y&R's cast but not too much movement has happened for either of their characters on the show. The writing is so slow and tedious that whatever is being presented drags on and on and on! Once hired, the writers don't seem to know what to do with the characters. The writing has not helped the vets or newbies already in the cast either. I watched the show yesterday! Poor Neil has already been married three (3) times & is totally ticked off b/c Leslie won't commit to him in marriage. Yet he says: When he commits to marriage, he is committed! The man cheated in all three marriages. He just dumped Leslie last week and is now already grieving w/ Hilary. Good luck on this pairing--whatever it might be! Writers need to study the background of the characters and remain true to character as much as possible. The newbies need to be hired on a temporary basis until the audience likes them or adopts them as part of the cast of charcters.

I am done rambling. Its your turn! Post any comments you wish. All comments are welcome.

#2   2014/03/14 12:59PM
    Re: Total Viewers UP;Ratings the same:March 3-7, 2014
    PurrrrrrrKitty

Even with alllll of the negativity, they are gaining.. good for Y&R..

#3   2014/03/14 01:36PM
    MsSuperSuds

Nothing ever changes, gets better or makes improvements if the bad points or detrimental events are not pointed out! So the comments of critics are as welcome as the comments of supporters!

#4   2014/03/14 03:41PM
    Sylviastel

Quote MsSuperSuds: Ratings Report: Week of March 3-7, 2014

(Compared to Last Week/Compared to Last Year)

Total Viewers
    1. Y&R 5,027,000 (+188,000/+478,000)

Households
    1. Y&R 3.6/11 (same/+.2)

Women 18-49 Viewers
    1. Y&R 785,000 (+12,000/-40,000)

Women 18-49 Rating
    1. Y&R 1.2/8 (same/-.1)

Women 18-34 Viewers
    1. GH 256,000 (+29,000/+40,000)
    2. DAYS 201,000 (+11,000/+15,000)
    3. Y&R 190,000 (-190,000/+2,000)
    4. B&B 177,000 (+10,000/+7,000)

Women 18-34 Rating
    1. GH 0.8 (+.1/+.2)
    2. DAYS 0.6 (same/+.1)
    2. Y&R 0.6 (same/same)
    4. B&B 0.5 (same/same)

Women 25-54 Viewers
    1. Y&R 1,167,000 (+46,000/+7,000)

Women 25-54 Rating
    1. Y&R 1.9 (+.1/same)

Day-To-Day Ratings – HH/Total Viewers

Y&R
    Monday: 4.0/5,461,000
    Tuesday: 3.4/4,665,000
    Wednesday: 3.7/5,004,000
    Thursday: 3.5/4,999,000
    Friday: 3.6/5,006,000

Total Viewers are UP slightly while the overall ratings are the same for this week. Y&R is still wrestling with the other 3 soaps for the #1 spot in the 18-34 demographic. Y&R tied w/ Days for second place again this week. If you look at the 18-49 demographic, Y&R is not not too far ahead of GH when it comes to total viewers in the 18-49 demographic. Only 55,000 viewers separate the two soaps by .1 of a ratings point. I think the writing makes the difference. GH tends to make better use of its acquisitions to the cast. I notice that Donna Mills makes her debut today and I am sure that the writing will enhance her stint on the show. I love that Tristan Rogers and Ray Wise were added to Y&R's cast but not too much movement has happened for either of their characters on the show. The writing is so slow and tedious that whatever is being presented drags on and on and on! Once hired, the writers don't seem to know what to do with the characters. The writing has not helped the vets or newbies already in the cast either. I watched the show yesterday! Poor Neil has already been married three (3) times & is totally ticked off b/c Leslie won't commit to him in marriage. Yet he says: When he commits to marriage, he is committed! The man cheated in all three marriages. He just dumped Leslie last week and is now already grieving w/ Hilary. Good luck on this pairing--whatever it might be! Writers need to study the background of the characters and remain true to character as much as possible. The newbies need to be hired on a temporary basis until the audience likes them or adopts them as part of the cast of charcters.

I am done rambling. Its your turn! Post any comments you wish. All comments are welcome.

I agree. Monday is the highest day of the week with 5.461 million viewers. Then Tuesday, it was 4.665 million viewers. It's a big drop between both days. The daily ratings are uneven. I agree that the show is in a dismal state. The new billy isn't working. The new Adam will probably fare no better.

#5   2014/03/14 04:40PM
    shalaydra75

Sylviastel-Since these ratings are better now than when Adam, Billy and Phyllis were dominating the screen 2011-2013, I doubt the departure of their portrayers have anything to with the ratings. If anything, their departure is causing Y&R to rebound.

purrrrrkitty-I agree that after the departure of the "great actors" and the anger of some posters, the ratings are better than they were last year and Y&R lead over B&B has increased.

MsSupersuds I also agree that Y&R is still not out of the woods. Before Cane's death, Y&R rarely got below the upper 4 million overall viewers and 1 million in the women 18-49 women category. In fact, before MAB, it was not uncommon for Y&R to have 1.4 million 18-49 women viewers. Before Cane's death, Y&R had about 1.2 million 18-49 women viewers. If Y&R start to produce s/ls to appeal to women, it could increase its average above 500,000. Just think, the week that it had over 5.7 million viewers, it had under 1 million 18-49 women viewers. Had it had little over 1.2 million viewers, I would have 6 million viewers.

MsSuperSuds also agree with your assessment about the Winters' clan. Even under MAB, except when Devon slept with Tyra, the Winters exuded the values of many black family. Most black parents would rather die and go visit the devil before they befriend a person that hurt their child. Hillary-Neil's relationship is beyond ridiculous. As a supporter of the actress who plays Hilary, I fear that Hillary lack of punishment for what she did will be an albatross of the character.

I am also concerned about how TBTP are reducing Lily to nothing more than Hilary's sparring partner. I think that they want to spice up Lily to posters who call her boring. Instead, their actions are causing Lily to become unrecognizable to her fans while her detractors still do not like her. It is the reason I never give an opinion about Nikki and her progeny. I do not like them, and more than likely, I do not care what TPTB do to them, I still will not like them.

#6   2014/03/15 12:41PM
    MsSuperSuds

The writing needs to be more equitable across the whole show. I am stating this b/c by the time this current set of plot points end for Devon, Neil, Esmerelda, & Hilary, none of them will be palatable to the audience. They need to intermingle more often with the general population of the show & not always stick so closely to each other. MAB wanted to revive "that old black storyline" and there is no such thing. I am hoping that JFP & her crew do not adhere to the same philosophy. Seeing Lily interact with more of the cast by working at the GCAC is a natural fit for her and a good thing for now.

Shalaydra, whatever Lily does will be always be criticized by those who do not like her. Critics are vocal on MBs but in a minority when it comes to the general population of the audience. Both Cane and Lily always rate high w/ Y&R focus groups. That's one of the reasons why they are still on board. I don't like the idea that the only time that Hilary is a viable character is when she is sparring verbally w/ Lily. IF TPTB want to keep this Hilary character, they must create plot points or a storyline that will not involve animosity from Lily. I understand Lily's point of view; but I don't understand what Lily did to this chick to cause such vitriolic behvior. Hil never showed any remorse or apologized to either Lily and/or Cane; but she did apologize to Neil to whom she did very little public damage. So what does Hil want from Lily? Why does she always pop up in scenes w/ Lily? Unlike the muzzling during Chloegate, I am glad that Lily is allowed to speak up and defend herself; but the constant bickering in public does neither character any good.

I agree about the casting of new characters. Y&R has always been different from all the other soaps when it comes to casting, sets, lighting, etc. Every actor/actress who were stars on other shows do not necessarily fit the Y&R mold. A definite plan needs to be in place for adding new characters & talents. New characters need to make an impression on the audience before the actor/actress goes on contract. That would eliminate some of the wait to see why they were hired in the first place. Stunt casting does not work! It never did. Maybe its the writing; because Nothing pops about the current newbies or makes me want to watch them or the show. Even if a character has potential, the writing and/or the plot points kills them w/ the audience. The characters whom I deem important to the show were gone before MAB or killed during her tenure--like John Abbott & Drucilla Winters who were killed by LML. Cassie Newman was killed by the previous administration. MAB killed so many good characters that it is tough to remember all the good ones but I do miss Colleen Carlton most of all. Each viewer has his or her own list of characters they miss the most. I am glad that Cane Ashby was ressurrected. Otherwise I would miss him.

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2014/03/15 12:46PM
    #7   2014/03/17 10:23PM
    MsSuperSuds

May the road rise up to meet you
    May the wind be always at your back
    May the sun shine warm across your face
    May the rains fall soft upon your fields
    And until we meet again
    May God hold you in the palm of His hand.
    --An Irish Proverb

Happy St. Patrick's Day!

Looking for improvements in Y&R !!!

#8   2014/03/21 09:21AM
    MsSuperSuds

Ratings for the week of March 10-14, 2014 have been posted. New thread coming up ASAP!

page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list