List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

The Young and the Restless - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: The Young and the Restless Forum :: The pull of Gravity must be weaker in Wisconsin...

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

The pull of Gravity must be weaker in Wisconsin...

Started by AdamPhan at 2014/02/26 10:08PM
    Latest post: 2014/02/27 06:25AM, Views: 671, Replies: 10
    1 2 » »| page:
    #1   2014/02/26 10:08PM
    The pull of Gravity must be weaker in Wisconsin...
    AdamPhan

...after all how could sweet, frail, MS laden Nikki have been able to possibly lift that bag with...oh...FIVE HUNDRED wrapped bundles of C notes each worth about $10K with such ease? It would normally weigh about 110 lbs. But Nikki seemed to be able to tote it easily in her thin ihs designer bag with three fingers. Even if it was just a measly meelyun (picture Austin Powers' Dr. Evil with pinkie in corner of mouth) it would still be a rather stuffed bag weighing about 22 lbs. interestingly enough in the awesome show "Breaking Bad" when Walt was told to leave his house when his wife confronted him with his lies, his brother-in-law, Hank helps him load up bags to move to his new digs. The last bag is Walt's haul from selling the huge batch of crystal meth he 'cooked' to Gustavo Fring right before the birth of his daughter--about $1M. Hank reaches for the bag but Walt runs interference. Too late. Hank grabs the bag and Walt blanches. Hank, noting the heaviness of the bag (which is made from heavy derrnier nylon and not the flimsy vinyl used in Nikki's bag) asks, "What do you have in here, rocks?" With an absolutely straight face Walt coolly replies, "A million dollars." Hank (who, by the way, is a DEA agent) laughs. And Walt dodges another of many bullets.

$5M requested by Ian Ward. Heavy nylon bag. 110 lbs. one Nikki Newman who just breezes by Avery at her doorway with nary a grunt. Sorry writers, it doesn't add up.

Aside from that you gotta love the utter ridiculousness of this S/L. Nikki gets her blackmail Instagram of Ian with Summer in front of a hotel bed ( nice touch by the way). She calls Ian who tells her his blackmail demand.

And, OF COURSE, instead of calling her own brothers Karamazov or anyone with this absurd demand she relents and of course Nikki obviously has $5M in pre-wrapped bundles lying around the ranch she can quickly throw into a bag.

Are the writers working in an unventilated room with a kerosene space heater? Because the writing has all the symptoms pointing to oxygen deprivation.

Modified 2 times(s), last time at: 2014/02/26 10:13PM
    #2   2014/02/27 03:14AM
    Re: The pull of Gravity must be weaker in Wisconsin...
    Deana4Villy

Well, they did turn it out to be only $1 million. What I want to know is where she got it in a few hours time, when she couldn't pull $2 million together over the course of 2 days to save her daughter in 2012? Maybe after that little blackmail problem, she made sure to be prepared for future blackmail emergencies.

#3   2014/02/27 03:47AM
    calliope

Well I don't know about you guys but I always keep 1 or 2 mil on hand for emergency blackmail issues.

#4   2014/02/27 03:53AM
    BobbiSox

[quote]Quote calliope: Well I don't know about you guys but I always keep 1 or 2 mil on hand for emergency blackmail issues.[/quote
    LOL, So do I!! And I keep mine in a duffle bag that matches my outfit! It's in the closet for such an occasion. Never know when you need 5 mil in a minute's notice!

#5   2014/02/27 04:06AM
    Joy T

Love all your funny posts! Can't wait for the mustache to go ballistic!

#6   2014/02/27 04:11AM
    Sinny

Quote calliope: Well I don't know about you guys but I always keep 1 or 2 mil on hand for emergency blackmail issues.

LMAO I love a girl that is always prepared for emerg situations.

#7   2014/02/27 04:22AM
    hopey pix

Now that you mention all this,you are right!So stupid!!I think Ian's spray tan in the middle of a looong winter is getting to her!She'll probably fall for Ian soon!Can't wait for Vic to see the withdrawal slips!!Let's see,Nikki's botox is getting expensive!!HA!!HA!!If I had that Million,I'd be sending for one gorgeous vet named Sam and the jet to NM right away!!Not to Ian!!

#8   2014/02/27 04:48AM
    BobbiSox

Quote AdamPhan: ...after all how could sweet, frail, MS laden Nikki have been able to possibly lift that bag with...oh...FIVE HUNDRED wrapped bundles of C notes each worth about $10K with such ease? It would normally weigh about 110 lbs. But Nikki seemed to be able to tote it easily in her thin ihs designer bag with three fingers. Even if it was just a measly meelyun (picture Austin Powers' Dr. Evil with pinkie in corner of mouth) it would still be a rather stuffed bag weighing about 22 lbs. interestingly enough in the awesome show "Breaking Bad" when Walt was told to leave his house when his wife confronted him with his lies, his brother-in-law, Hank helps him load up bags to move to his new digs. The last bag is Walt's haul from selling the huge batch of crystal meth he 'cooked' to Gustavo Fring right before the birth of his daughter--about $1M. Hank reaches for the bag but Walt runs interference. Too late. Hank grabs the bag and Walt blanches. Hank, noting the heaviness of the bag (which is made from heavy derrnier nylon and not the flimsy vinyl used in Nikki's bag) asks, "What do you have in here, rocks?" With an absolutely straight face Walt coolly replies, "A million dollars." Hank (who, by the way, is a DEA agent) laughs. And Walt dodges another of many bullets.

$5M requested by Ian Ward. Heavy nylon bag. 110 lbs. one Nikki Newman who just breezes by Avery at her doorway with nary a grunt. Sorry writers, it doesn't add up.

Aside from that you gotta love the utter ridiculousness of this S/L. Nikki gets her blackmail Instagram of Ian with Summer in front of a hotel bed ( nice touch by the way). She calls Ian who tells her his blackmail demand.

And, OF COURSE, instead of calling her own brothers Karamazov or anyone with this absurd demand she relents and of course Nikki obviously has $5M in pre-wrapped bundles lying around the ranch she can quickly throw into a bag.

Are the writers working in an unventilated room with a kerosene space heater? Because the writing has all the symptoms pointing to oxygen deprivation.

OMG. I LOVE Breaking Bad. It wasn't perfect (like who cares about Marie and her shoplifting, for example) but it was intense. Much more believable than Y&R s/ls. (Still don't think Walt would have given away all 80 million! He would have told them where ONE barrel was buried, not ALL of it, right?) Just sayin'.

#9   2014/02/27 05:06AM
    Nutty Nancy

I just love it when the posters call the writers on their stupidity. If they would only read this message board and follow the suggestions the show would be great. NOT BORING.

#10   2014/02/27 05:58AM
    Layngel

Quote calliope: Well I don't know about you guys but I always keep 1 or 2 mil on hand for emergency blackmail issues.

Pfft lol me too

1 2 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list