List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

The Young and the Restless - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: The Young and the Restless Forum :: How Much Worse Can it Get?

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

How Much Worse Can it Get?

Started by Vicloy at 2014/02/26 03:08PM
    Latest post: 2014/03/02 09:11AM, Views: 1781, Replies: 15
    1 2 » »| page:
    #1   2014/02/26 03:08PM
    How Much Worse Can it Get?
    Vicloy

Abysmal writing is going to sink this show. First there was the 20 minute hostage taking story. Bad writing with even worse acting and the whole thing was over POOF, like that. Then the whirlwind Chloe kidnapping, Chelsea and Victor fly to Paris and immediately find her (Kevin shows up seconds later)and they bring her back in one episode. Now it's the Ian Ward blackmail story. Nicki must have had that 5 million stashed under her mattress since she got it together in seconds flat. I don't care how rich you are, who has that kind of cash kicking around the house? And really, she just hands it over to him! Stupid, stupid writing. The writers drag out the really boring story lines, like Lily and Cane (is there a story there, 'cause I don't know what that's all about); Neil and Leslie (ZZZZZZZzzzzzzz... oh is it over?) Looney Sharon and now ghost of Cassie past. BUT they have a real story line like the kidnapping or the hostage taking or the blackmail and it is all over in the blink of an eye. No time to build up any suspense or actually engage the viewers. No, nothing like that. The writing gets worse and worse. They must think the viewers are all twits. I don't know about the rest of them, but I'm insulted that they think we are that dim-witted.

#2   2014/02/26 04:01PM
    Re: How Much Worse Can it Get?
    Elle52

I stopped watching Y&R a few weeks ago. Once in a while I pop in to read the synopsis on this site. It sounds as though SLs have gone from bad to worse if that's possible. Connor's kidnapping-LAME! The gala debacle-ridiculous. Cassie lookalike-really? Nick and Sharon, not again. I used to really look forward to an hour of Y&R each afternoon. I can't relate to the direction each character is going.

#3   2014/02/26 04:29PM
    Heatherette

Exactly! The writing is all over the place. They create thin stories out of thin air and drag on stories to no end like Sharon s/l, Phyllis s/l and the stupid mysterious Mariah mess. The Carmine story was beyond stupid. The show has no direction and seems lost.

#4   2014/02/26 05:57PM
    Capucine

I totally agree.
    To tell you the truth I feel totally insulted that the writer think the viewers are idiots. Do they even read what is written here? If they don't then they should. Viewers are dropping like flies. The shows has been bad for about a year now. It's getting worse. Someone needs to do something quick fast and in a hurry.

#5   2014/02/26 06:26PM
    Layngel

I personally still love the show. I don't really love every story line right now, but I still tune in and like it, and it still holds my attention.

#6   2014/02/26 06:46PM
    steffyk

This is the worst Feb sweeps I have ever seen even though I do not watch since Adam left my daughter does and the writing is going in five directions Feb sweeps always set up for the rest of year well this is lame an crazy,summer an Ian Niki ex Dylan an Nick team up but Nick could never love or help Adam just awful, Victor know nothing about Ian beings at house or money his wife has to pay him off.

#7   2014/02/26 07:26PM
    Sylviastel

The writing is just awful! Almost laughable when they try to be serious! I could do a better job on my off days! The new billy is a dud! Sorry but the magic between Victoria & billy is lost now! I wouldn't care if they split! Sharon & nick is boring! Pair nick with Chelsea instead! What about Murphy & Esther? They could be a couple! Poor kate Linder! Her Esther has been ignored for months even with Delia's death! Colin & jill are a joke now! The hostage crisis & gala was written horribly! Womack wasn't frightening even with a loaded gun! I found my reading more interesting while watching! Even with bm & mm gone, the show is a mess with storylines that go nowhere fast!

#8   2014/02/26 07:39PM
    bakerybettie

EGADS...today Neil and Leslie had the most private of talks right in the middle of a public dining room. Don't any of these knuckle heads own a home? Leslie is by far my favorite character. She is strong, decent, and kind. She deserves better and Neil is way too old for her.

I predicted accurately that Nikki would do something weird and foolish. When she first received the photo of Ian and Summer (how does Ian have her cell phone number???) she should have called Nick and Dylan to handle it. No...she wailed and then came up with 5 million she had stashed under her mattress.

And for GAWD sakes, I am tired of Lily and Cane in bed at every opportunity.

OK one last rant...it's winter in Wisconsin and Avery is in a skimpy sleeveless dress that is cut WAY too low for business attire.

#9   2014/02/26 09:29PM
    lped55

Story lines are so bad - not one that I even care about anymore. There are no couple pairings that are the least bit interesting. The new Billy is NOT good, too whiney, sorry! It looks like the writers are just throwing crazy story lines out there, one after another, just to see what "sticks". Show has gotten so stupid that I only half-way watch anymore - not a "must see" like it used to be for me.

#10   2014/03/01 06:27AM
    mom chez

Agreed.

1 2 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list