List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

The Young and the Restless - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: The Young and the Restless Forum :: Millions in a Mattress?

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

Millions in a Mattress?

Started by ErinsMom at 2014/02/26 10:51AM
    Latest post: 2014/02/27 07:18AM, Views: 783, Replies: 9
    page:
    #1   2014/02/26 10:51AM
    Millions in a Mattress?
    ErinsMom

The Ian and Nikki plot twist started out so interesting! But then, instead of immediately trying to call Summer to tell her to stay away from Ian Ward, Nikki got $5 million in cash together in one afternoon? That's impossible, even for a billionaire. No one has that much money in cash, not invested. And even if it was in the bank, the bank can't empty it's vault and give that much money to one client. It takes time for them to get a large amount like that together and there are a lot of precautions in place. So where did she get the money? Was it in the mattress? And it fit in a bag the size of a backpack? When these common sense facts are ignored by the writers, it takes the viewer right out of the story. Instead of thinking, omg, what will happen next? I'm thinking, good grief, that's ridiculous!

#2   2014/02/26 11:13AM
    Re: Millions in a Mattress?
    Havasu addict

I'm watching now, exactly what I was thinking.....CALL SUMMER....DUH!

Why would you give money to someone just to leave town? Plus Nick would kill the guy if he saw the pic so forward it to him!!

And yes where was that money? Its the swear jar for every time victor says Jacka@@ Abbott!!

#3   2014/02/26 11:19AM
    CountyWaterford

Victor keeps $5 mil in a few shoeboxes in the closet I guess. That scene along with s/l for Nikki, Summer and Ian today was absolutely STUPID! BTW, as a dog lover, what has happened to the "beloved" dogs on this show? Did Victor buy a state, fence it in and fly them there on his private jet?

#4   2014/02/26 11:45AM
    IndyFan

I don't think $5M can fit in a suitcase that small.

#5   2014/02/26 11:48AM
    BobbiSox

SORRY ERINSMOM!! I was writing while you were posting. Two great minds with a single thought.

#6   2014/02/26 11:57AM
    Blue 501

Quote ErinsMom: The Ian and Nikki plot twist started out so interesting! But then, instead of immediately trying to call Summer to tell her to stay away from Ian Ward, Nikki got $5 million in cash together in one afternoon? That's impossible, even for a billionaire. No one has that much money in cash, not invested. And even if it was in the bank, the bank can't empty it's vault and give that much money to one client. It takes time for them to get a large amount like that together and there are a lot of precautions in place. So where did she get the money? Was it in the mattress? And it fit in a bag the size of a backpack? When these common sense facts are ignored by the writers, it takes the viewer right out of the story. Instead of thinking, omg, what will happen next? I'm thinking, good grief, that's ridiculous!

I am not sure they even make a bill larger than $100 now. If my brain is working today, that is 50,000 bills. Good grief!

#7   2014/02/26 11:58AM
    Blue 501

Quote Havasu addict: I'm watching now, exactly what I was thinking.....CALL SUMMER....DUH!

Why would you give money to someone just to leave town? Plus Nick would kill the guy if he saw the pic so forward it to him!!

And yes where was that money? Its the swear jar for every time victor says Jacka@@ Abbott!!

hahaha. I love that!

#8   2014/02/26 12:50PM
    ErinsMom

No problem, BobbiSox! We had the exact same reaction! : )

How hard would it have been for the writers to have Nikki try to call Summer and not be able to reach her? Then Nikki could have made a call to a banker/lawyer/fixer used by the Newmans and said "I need access to the emergency fund?" Writers, take the extra minute to make it somewhat believable!

The family should have an Olivia Pope (if you watch Scandal). Michael used to function in that role of fixer.

#9   2014/02/26 02:18PM
    marshal

With Nikki, age is causing her brains to slow down.

#10   2014/02/27 07:18AM
    AdamPhan

I guess after Sharon burned down the house Nikki felt it was now safe to keep all her meeelyuns at the Ranch since, after all, what are the odds of anyone burning down the house again, right? (Although it looks like Faith may be a closet pyro.)

page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list