List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

The Young and the Restless - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: The Young and the Restless Forum :: YR40 Ratings Dipped Slightly for Feb. 10-14, 2014

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

YR40 Ratings Dipped Slightly for Feb. 10-14, 2014

Started by MsSuperSuds at 2014/02/25 02:26PM
    Latest post: 2014/03/04 08:48PM, Views: 2302, Replies: 31
    « 1 2 3 4 » »| page:
    #11   2014/02/25 08:22PM
    Re: YR40 Ratings Dipped Slightly for Feb. 10-14, 2014
    shalaydra75

Quote On a Clear Day: Wow, they've lost 437,000 viewers over the past 2 weeks since Adam disappeared and nuBilly started. I wonder if they will continue to go down next week or if this shedding of viewers will stabilize.

Actually, Y&R's ratings are higher than they were before the Winter Vortex blew in. The Winter Vortex, touched the Southeast as well as the North. In addition Phyllis, Adam and Billy took over Y&R in the summer 2010; thereafter, Y&R consistently garnered fewer than 5 million viewers. In both of the last 2 weeks, Y&R had 600,000 (over 1.4 million when the 2 weeks are added together)more viewers than the previous year, when Phyllis, Billy and Adam were running amuck. Lastly, if this is evidence of Billy and Adams' popularity, Cane must have been beyond popular since the 2 weeks after his departure, Y&R lost 689,000. Compare to the previous year after Cane's departure (2 weeks), Y&R lost 622,000

#12   2014/02/26 06:15AM
    On a Clear Day

Quote shalaydra75:
    Quote On a Clear Day: Wow, they've lost 437,000 viewers over the past 2 weeks since Adam disappeared and nuBilly started. I wonder if they will continue to go down next week or if this shedding of viewers will stabilize.

Actually, Y&R's ratings are higher than they were before the Winter Vortex blew in. The Winter Vortex, touched the Southeast as well as the North. In addition Phyllis, Adam and Billy took over Y&R in the summer 2010; thereafter, Y&R consistently garnered fewer than 5 million viewers. In both of the last 2 weeks, Y&R had 600,000 (over 1.4 million when the 2 weeks are added together)more viewers than the previous year, when Phyllis, Billy and Adam were running amuck. Lastly, if this is evidence of Billy and Adams' popularity, Cane must have been beyond popular since the 2 weeks after his departure, Y&R lost 689,000. Compare to the previous year after Cane's departure (2 weeks), Y&R lost 622,000

You edited and highlighted only 1/4 of what I said rather than showing my entire statement above. I did not suggest that the lowered ratings for 2 weeks in a row were solely due to lack of Adam character and new Billy entering. I went on also to say how none of the stories are that interesting and I FF through many others.

You can spin the numbers however you want by comparing them to different points in time or throwing weather, holidays, etc. into the mix. The big picture is they lost a lot of viewers two weeks in a row and all the other soaps now compete with them much closer in differing categories from week to week. People have become less loyal and a little more fickle and are checking out other soaps now. Y&R used to take for granted it's #1 status because it had decades long loyal viewers who did not delete from the DVR even when bad. They need to wake up and not rely on the habit of viewers tuning in.

You cannot compare the ratings of any of the soaps to what they did last year or 4 years ago. All the soap ratings are now much higher. Neilson started counting more types of viewers this summer from tablets, phones, etc. and adding those to the mix so now all the soaps consistantly have higher total viewers. It's not because the soaps are better than they have ever been. It's not apples to apples.

Modified 3 times(s), last time at: 2014/02/26 06:23AM
    #13   2014/02/26 09:10AM
    alikat

If you think about the horrible weather that has had many people staying home, when the hubby and kids are at home, are you able to watch your Y&R?

Sure, some fans stopped watching due to recent recasts and exits but I would blame more of that on the weather & the Olympics than I would on some contrived boycott.

#14   2014/02/26 09:53AM
    ajsp35801

Those MM fans were never going to ruin Y&R or decrease the ratings with a boycott. It just wasn't going to happen. Most people who watch the show don't care about MM or BM.

#15   2014/02/26 09:59AM
    villyforever55

Quote ajsp35801: Those MM fans were never going to ruin Y&R or decrease the ratings with a boycott. It just wasn't going to happen. Most people who watch the show don't care about MM or BM.

And they probably don't visit message boards either.

#16   2014/02/26 10:18AM
    TwoOfEach

Quote On a Clear Day:
    Quote shalaydra75:

You edited and highlighted only 1/4 of what I said rather than showing my entire statement above. I did not suggest that the lowered ratings for 2 weeks in a row were solely due to lack of Adam character and new Billy entering. I went on also to say how none of the stories are that interesting and I FF through many others.

You can spin the numbers however you want by comparing them to different points in time or throwing weather, holidays, etc. into the mix. The big picture is they lost a lot of viewers two weeks in a row and all the other soaps now compete with them much closer in differing categories from week to week. People have become less loyal and a little more fickle and are checking out other soaps now. Y&R used to take for granted it's #1 status because it had decades long loyal viewers who did not delete from the DVR even when bad. They need to wake up and not rely on the habit of viewers tuning in.

You cannot compare the ratings of any of the soaps to what they did last year or 4 years ago. All the soap ratings are now much higher. Neilson started counting more types of viewers this summer from tablets, phones, etc. and adding those to the mix so now all the soaps consistantly have higher total viewers. It's not because the soaps are better than they have ever been. It's not apples to apples.

Even comparing to six months ago, YR's ratings are still outstanding. Last weeks ratings were still higher than ANY week in 2013. Higher than October, November or December's ratings. We'll see how this all plays out, but it seems that YR is retaining some of the bump from BM/MM's exit stories and in a better position ratings-wise than when the story started.

#17   2014/02/26 12:04PM
    dollwe

I watched for 20 years and stopped my recorder the first week of Feb. I like the show so much better just reading about on this site. By reading I don't have to watch the new cast members. When I read about Billy its the old Billy to me.

#18   2014/02/26 12:48PM
    Joy T

I'm still watching but not faithfully as I did in the past.

Music box story is foolish. Jill is a smart executive woman and should be written as such.

MM is gone - I don't like it but I understand so move on quickly, hire a replacement and end this hit/ run s/l. It's getting old and not at all interesting. An interesting story would be to bring new Adam back ASAP and show him and the GC snobs that somebody else hit Delia.

As for nuBilly, he looks and talks like the teen Billy from years ago so quickly put him in a situation where he can succeed. How about having an affair with Chloe and let them bond and fall in love for REAL this time. She would be cute with nuBilly.

#19   2014/02/26 01:00PM
    Supercouplev...

Quote dollwe: I watched for 20 years and stopped my recorder the first week of Feb. I like the show so much better just reading about on this site. By reading I don't have to watch the new cast members. When I read about Billy its the old Billy to me.

ME TOO, and it sounds like, what is going on in my head is better than what is goung on, on screen....MISSING BM

#20   2014/02/26 01:01PM
    GGC7

As far as I am concern, I am not a MM fan or BM fan who is boycotting. I am a fan who is sick and tired of sad and depressing storylines on Y&R. And I don't know where you got #'s but I see it reads Y&R down 193,000 & B&B down 310,000. How could weather play into this with all having ability to record and on demand. I guess if you are over 49 you don't count.

« 1 2 3 4 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list