List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

The Young and the Restless - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: The Young and the Restless Forum :: why did the other Billy leave??

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

why did the other Billy leave??

Started by wildflow at 2014/02/24 03:49PM
    Latest post: 2014/03/02 07:22AM, Views: 2518, Replies: 18
    1 2 » »| page:
    #1   2014/02/24 03:49PM
    why did the other Billy leave??
    wildflow

I liked him better

#2   2014/02/24 04:03PM
    Re: why did the other Billy leave??
    Supercouplev...

Most people liked him better, the executive producer didn't see it, wouldn't let him do other things, like he had in the past, so essentially forcing him out.

#3   2014/02/24 04:22PM
    leeg

It was a BIG mistake to let the other Billy go.Even bigger was the awful actor who they have taking his place.YUK!!!!

Please check your email. Actor bashing is not allowed on Soaps.com.

Admin

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2014/02/25 06:57AM
    #4   2014/02/25 06:35AM
    SonnylovesEmily

I got news for you guys this guy (David Tom) was/is the original Billy Abbott.

#5   2014/02/25 06:40AM
    sgtppr

I want to give NU-Billy a chance. He had to walk directly into some big shoes to fill and into the middle of a HUGE storyline. Billy Miller chose to leave on his own he was not fired. That being said, NU-Billy has no chemistry with Vikki or Kelly....but I will give it time.

#6   2014/02/25 06:50AM
    villyforever55

Quote SonnylovesEmily: I got news for you guys this guy (David Tom) was/is the original Billy Abbott.

I know, but why does that matter? He has to make the role his own today; any nostalgia about a role he played 12 years ago won't help him with that, at least not in my opinion. Here's his chance and it's all on him to deliver.

#7   2014/02/25 06:55AM
    Supercouplev...

Quote sgtppr: I want to give NU-Billy a chance. He had to walk directly into some big shoes to fill and into the middle of a HUGE storyline. Billy Miller chose to leave on his own he was not fired. That being said, NU-Billy has no chemistry with Vikki or Kelly....but I will give it time.

He did not choose to leave, they made him an offer, they knew he wouldn't take, and already had his replacement with over a month left on his contract.

#8   2014/02/25 06:58AM
    Canadianchic...

That "nostalgia" helps him cause DT has chemistry where it really matters and where BM didn't - With the Abbots. Couples come and go, bur Billy Miller's Billy looked like a total outsider when in scenes with the Abbots. David fits in there, that's why there's been so much Jack and Jill interaction. Far more than when Billy Miller was in the part.

#9   2014/02/25 07:11AM
    villyforever55

Quote Canadianchickforever: That "nostalgia" helps him cause DT has chemistry where it really matters and where BM didn't - With the Abbots. Couples come and go, bur Billy Miller's Billy looked like a total outsider when in scenes with the Abbots. David fits in there, that's why there's been so much Jack and Jill interaction. Far more than when Billy Miller was in the part.

I totally disagree. BM had great chemistry with PB and the other Abbotts, they have had great scenes together and he did fit, but there was always that undercurrent of feeling like the underdog, which is part of the character that BM was able to convey. As for DT, it's not like some long lost son has returned. I never missed DT in that role even before BM was cast, but it's all a matter of who you like best and for me it's BM. But, he's gone now, so DT may work out in time, I'm waiting to see if that happens.

#10   2014/02/25 07:34AM
    sharon n nic...

Quote SonnylovesEmily: I got news for you guys this guy (David Tom) was/is the original Billy Abbott.

That was than......

Billy Miller will always be Billy Abbot!

1 2 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list