List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

The Young and the Restless - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: The Young and the Restless Forum :: Why hasn't Nikki told Victor that Ian is in town?

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

Why hasn't Nikki told Victor that Ian is in town?

Started by savytabby at 2014/02/18 06:28PM
    Latest post: 2014/02/22 07:45PM, Views: 689, Replies: 19
    1 2 » »| page:
    #1   2014/02/18 06:28PM
    Why hasn't Nikki told Victor that Ian is in town?
    savytabby

It is really unrealistic (even for a soap) that Victor doesn't know at the very least about Ian's visits to the ranch. If not Nikki, you would have thought one of his security men would have mentioned it. Will he even find out before Nick and Dylan (supposedly) run him out of town? I thought this would be a storyline involving Nikki and Victor with Victor doing all he can to protect Nikki and his family and make Ian pay for what he did to Nikki. I get Dylan and Avery being involved, and yeah nick and maybe even paul too, but why not victor? I mean is Victor so busy being a busybody in everybody else's lives that he's not seeing what's happening with the woman he professes to love more than anything?

#2   2014/02/18 06:33PM
    Re: Why hasn't Nikki told Victor that Ian is in town?
    Ethelmae02

I personally dont get Niki at all. She shrieks at victor he keeps secrets but look at her. She rather tell Paul and Nick then the man she lives with as her husband. Now she runs off to Dylan as well. I used to love Niki and Victor but I dont care if they go there separate ways after all the crap hits the fan

#3   2014/02/18 06:39PM
    Suzy R

Excellent point! I think he is so busy screwing with his children's lives that he doesn't even take care of his own wife. These writers need to get it together! Very poor covering story lines that are so far fetched and unbelievable that fans aren't going to stay interested. I'm starting to nod off. Boring-blah-yawn.....

#4   2014/02/18 06:40PM
    bukopandan

It's so ridic for all the reasons you state. I could see Nikki passively-aggressively holding off when upset that Vic had become so involved in Adam's situation, but she really should have told him. At first it seemed that they were never really in one another's company, but then there was finally a scene that had them at home and managing to hold a conversation for a while--then she got irked and left. That day of the gala, though, when they were talking about not going, there really was no reason not to finally say something. At this point I can say that I will enjoy the horror on Nikki's face if she should see Summer hanging out with Ian--scuzzy as he is, part of that situation would be on Nikki. And Vic has a right to know--it's his home and safety at stake too, as well as that of his daughter Vicky, who often shows up and could be caught unawares. As much as Vic pulls this kind of exclusion thing on others all the time, he needs to be told. And how many times is Ian just going to walk on up to that front door and even come in? It's really dumb that this is happening. On the other hand, Vic is everywhere in everyone else's business. All he thinks about is meddling in others' marriages and perceived relationships. If he thinks Adam is dead, he sure doesn't act like it. I understand his interest in Chels and Connor, but he sure doesn't seem anything like a grieving father to me.

#5   2014/02/18 06:44PM
    savytabby

Quote Ethelmae02: I personally dont get Niki at all. She shrieks at victor he keeps secrets but look at her. She rather tell Paul and Nick then the man she lives with as her husband. Now she runs off to Dylan as well. I used to love Niki and Victor but I dont care if they go there separate ways after all the crap hits the fan

ICAM. I'm not feeling the love and chemistry between these two characters (or actors for that matter) anymore. Yeah sometimes they kept secrets from each other, but usually they were a united front. I don't get what has happened to them at all, and I don't think giving Nikki a long-term illness such as MS was wise on the part of the writers. Unless of course MTS has it in real life, which I don't think is the case. Because of the MS, the character is tired all the time, which also works against this once vital and charismatic couple.

#6   2014/02/18 09:46PM
    IndyFan

Nikki seems to want to keep the Ian Ward/Dylan part of her life separate from Victor because of Victor's over-the-top actions. Victor doesn't like Dylan to start with - he will blame Dylan for Ian coming to town. That's the only reason I can think of....

#7   2014/02/18 09:52PM
    villyforever55

Quote IndyFan: Nikki seems to want to keep the Ian Ward/Dylan part of her life separate from Victor because of Victor's over-the-top actions. Victor doesn't like Dylan to start with - he will blame Dylan for Ian coming to town. That's the only reason I can think of....

That's what I think, too. Nikki is protecting Dylan from Victor, who is sure to blame Dylan.

#8   2014/02/18 11:08PM
    apple1950

Why wasn't Nikki more suspicious when Summer said she wanted to talk to a life coach? Nikki despised Adam but wants Dylan accepted. Her behavior towards Adam was wrong. He did evil things but he was Victor's son. Now she wants . Dylan accepted by Victor. The irony here is that Dylan is a good man. VICTOR is focusing on his taking of Connor, an isolated incident that could be explained. VICTOR and NIKKI are two strange birds. NIKKII loves the care Victor gives her because she is a very NEEDY person. Just tied of both of these characters. Would not miss their retirement at all.

#9   2014/02/19 12:25AM
    Rebel556

Quote savytabby: It is really unrealistic (even for a soap) that Victor doesn't know at the very least about Ian's visits to the ranch. If not Nikki, you would have thought one of his security men would have mentioned it. Will he even find out before Nick and Dylan (supposedly) run him out of town? I thought this would be a storyline involving Nikki and Victor with Victor doing all he can to protect Nikki and his family and make Ian pay for what he did to Nikki. I get Dylan and Avery being involved, and yeah nick and maybe even paul too, but why not victor? I mean is Victor so busy being a busybody in everybody else's lives that he's not seeing what's happening with the woman he professes to love more than anything?

That is a good question. Victor, the most powerful man in town, would run him out of town in a minute. They could have some good scenes together with Vic shouting, " get out of town. You got that?" Ian is a good candidate for a murder victim.

#10   2014/02/19 04:32AM
    FL senior fan

Ah, because the writer's want Nikki or us to look stupid? LOL

My "gut feeling" is telling me it will come to Nick busting this Ian character because he will find out Summer is getting sucked into that path BS or see her with him. Remember, Nikki told Dylan and Nick about Ian being on the ranch. Hope these two "brothers" protect Nikki and Summer while Victor is busy trying to destroy Sharon and find grandson Connor.

Victor is "the man"...he knows how to get things done one way or the other. Please, don't have Nikki run to Paul again and again. I remember how she broke his heart right before their marriage; let him be happily married to Chris.

1 2 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list