List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

The Young and the Restless - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: The Young and the Restless Forum :: YR40 Maintains Good Ratings: Feb. 3-7, 2014

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

YR40 Maintains Good Ratings: Feb. 3-7, 2014

Started by MsSuperSuds at 2014/02/14 01:01PM
    Latest post: 2014/02/25 02:08PM, Views: 1967, Replies: 30
    « 1 2 3 4 » »| page:
    #21   2014/02/18 02:47PM
    Re: YR40 Maintains Good Ratings: Feb. 3-7, 2014
    countryMomof4

I'm quite happy that the ratings are going up. I don't think the weather has anything to do with it. Most people have satellite or computers allow them to watch whatever they want. If they are snowed in and don't normally watch or have any interest, they won't tune it.

I also see an improvement with the writing. The stories are interconnected the way they used to be. The cast is balanced and giving great performances.

#22   2014/02/18 03:13PM
    bukopandan

Quote countryMomof4: I'm quite happy that the ratings are going up. I don't think the weather has anything to do with it. Most people have satellite or computers allow them to watch whatever they want. If they are snowed in and don't normally watch or have any interest, they won't tune it.

I also see an improvement with the writing. The stories are interconnected the way they used to be. The cast is balanced and giving great performances.

I feel as you do. A lot is going on and it is compelling, from Nikki's baby story to "Cassie's" appearance to everything else. I do miss MM/Adam very much, but I am into all else that is connected to Adam. And the other stories, too. Even Jack talking to a comatose Phyl is good stuff--PB brings it every time, even in a moment such as that one. The various branching-off from the main stories is good right now.

#23   2014/02/19 04:09PM
    MsSuperSuds

This is also a February sweeps period. Ratings should be better this time around than any February sweeps since 2011.

#24   2014/02/22 02:55PM
    MsSuperSuds

Soap Ratings are late again for last week, February 10-14, 2014. Will post them when I get them.

#25   2014/02/22 03:56PM
    Sylviastel

Quote MsSuperSuds: Soap Ratings are late again for last week, February 10-14, 2014. Will post them when I get them.

What's the delay? There are only 4 shows now!

#26   2014/02/22 04:05PM
    Layngel

Thanks, good to hear!

#27   2014/02/23 10:27AM
    Sylviastel

Where are these ratings anyway? There are only 4 shows! The ratings are due Friday and its Sunday!

#28   2014/02/23 11:24AM
    ajsp35801

Quote shalaydra75:
    Quote On a Clear Day: The ratings for all the soaps have been unusually high for 2 weeks so they were all bound to dip a little as they cannot keep up that pace. Although the ratings are still good and higher than they were last year, Y&R actually lost 18% of it's total households viewing the show in the week after BM & MM left as compared to the week prior.

In comparison, B&B only went down 10% in total households (to be expected as they got really high numbers the week prior when they featured a popular new love all week), GH lost much less than that, and DOOL increased it's total households watching.

Y&R did take a big hit in the week following BM and MM's departure. Losing 18% of viewing households from one week to the next is unusual and not to be ignored. This is not to say BM & MM are the sole reason for the big decrease in overall viewers however, but it could be part of it. The lack of romance, and too many insignificant, weird, or boring storylines, as well as a several months long depressing undercurrent on the show, and stalled or nonsensical storylines continues.

Y&R has loyal viewers who will not easily delete the show from the dvr even if they have to FF much of it or pray it will sometime soon improve. That, along with the show giving face time to almost all the characters has helped keep some people tuned in.

Admittedly, I do not know how HHs are calculated. According to the ratings report, it dropped by .1. The total viewership dropped by only 4.3%. The previous reported Wednesday had over 6 million viewers. I had lived in the Southern part of a gulf state for about 11 years. That was the 1st time that nearly all private businesses closed. All public institutions were closed on Tuesday and Wednesday. The weather, therefore, had some thing to do with these ratings. I do think that MM and BM fans may have discontinued their viewership. However, I believe that other fans are returning. Before MAB and later JG began to focus on the "superstars/great actors," Y&R had ratings ranging from the upper 5 to mid 6 million. I hope it return to those days. Change will not occur over night. I hope that TPTB realize that Y&R's strength has always been its presentation of an ensemble.

Agreed. When the show was an ensemble, it was much better. I also think that the weather has brought people back, and a change in writing (ensemble) has kept them.

#29   2014/02/23 11:33AM
    ajsp35801

Quote MsSuperSuds: Finally some action, suspense, drama on Y&R. Doesn't matter how silly, contrived or predictable the plot lines are, it's entertaining & fun to watch something and some folks who move & incite action. The Gala gives everyone a little piece of the action. The guy who plays Womack is doing a great job keeping everyone on their toes. This is the kind of ensemble writing & presentations Y&R sincerely needs. Viewers are sick of looking at five or six characters five days a week to the exclusion of the rest of the cast. Dylan/Avery, Nick/Sharon, Chloe/Chelsea/Connor, Victor/Jack, etc. are on too often & few care. Offset their scenes with something else. Bring back balanced storyline rotations. So I am glad other characters are finally being used again. Their inclusion will entice more viewers to watch w/o getting bored. I am Glad to see all the characters out of their pods or cliques & interacting w/ other characters. Now this is a way to get viewers to watch AND to keep up the ratings.

I loved the gala just because it featured other people. Everyone got involved in it. And it featured the Winters, who are rarely featured. Here's hoping the show has turned a corner.

#30   2014/02/23 11:43AM
    PixiePower

Thanks for the info!That's great that the ratings are up.I love this soap and it's the only one I ever watch!

« 1 2 3 4 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list