List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

The Young and the Restless - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: The Young and the Restless Forum :: YR40 Maintains Good Ratings: Feb. 3-7, 2014

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

YR40 Maintains Good Ratings: Feb. 3-7, 2014

Started by MsSuperSuds at 2014/02/14 01:01PM
    Latest post: 2014/02/25 02:08PM, Views: 1962, Replies: 30
    1 2 3 4 » »| page:
    #1   2014/02/14 01:01PM
    YR40 Maintains Good Ratings: Feb. 3-7, 2014
    MsSuperSuds

Ratings Report: Week of February 3-7, 2014

(Compared to Last Week/Compared to Last Year)

Total Viewers
    1. Y&R 5,482,000 (-244,000/+718,000)

Households
    1. Y&R 3.9/12 (-.1/+.4)

Women 18-49 Viewers
    1. Y&R 900,000 (-78,000/-30,000)

Women 18-49 Rating
    1. Y&R 1.4/9 (-.1/-.1)

Women 18-34 Viewers
    1. GH 236,000 (+20,000/+5,000)
    2. Y&R 209,000 (-51,000/-59,000)

Women 18-34 Rating
    1. GH 0.7 (+.1/same)
    2. DAYS 0.6 (+.1/same)
    2. Y&R 0.6 (-.2/-.2)
    4. B&B 0.5 (-.1/-.2)

Women 25-54 Viewers
    1. Y&R 1,286,000 (-110,000/+18,000)

Women 25-54 Rating
    1. Y&R 2.1 (-.2/same)

Day-To-Day Ratings – HH/Total Viewers

Y&R
    Monday: 4.1/5,680,000
    Tuesday: 3.8/5,304,000
    Wednesday: 4.1/5,702,000
    Thursday: 3.8/5,328,000
    Friday: 3.9/5,395,000

YR40 Ratings are still holding strong this week even though two popular actors left the show. Stories are more inclusive of the entire cast but not that interesting. Some stories are still dragging but hopefully coming to a climax soon. Newbies, Characters & couples are still as dull as ever. Love and romance in the afternoon lost its way on this soap. Perhaps two villains in the form of Tristan Rogers (Colin Atkinson) and Ray Wise (Ian Ward) will spice things up around this town.

The severe weather around the country is still holding the majority of the population captive in their own homes using the TV as their main source of entertainment. I think Y&R is benefitting immensely from this bad weather. Some lost electrical power but the majority more than likely spent the biggest portion of their time watching TV. The Southeast had options but the snow storms finally got us, too. The majority of us have been housebound on & off for the last two weeks. Snow finally hit in my area so we have been housebound for the last 3 days. School let the children out early on Tuesday & Wednesday. No school was held on Thursday or Today. Some colleges & Universities in the area cancelled classes. All soaps benefitted. Perhaps some who watched out of boredom or necessity found a new or renewed interest in soaps, specifically Y&R, again.

Any comments, opinions, ideas or thoughts you wish to chare are welcome. Please post them. HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY to you!

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2014/02/14 01:05PM
    #2   2014/02/14 01:12PM
    Re: YR40 Maintains Good Ratings: Feb. 3-7, 2014
    Damsel29

When people are snowed in, they will watch anything.

#3   2014/02/14 03:47PM
    MsSuperSuds

Head of CBS Daytime proud of ‘Y&R’ growth: Soaps are a marathon, not a race

www.examiner.com/article/head-of-cbs-daytime-proud-of-y-r-growth-soaps-are-a-mar... />

The one thing that I like most about the new Y&R now is that it is once more an ensemble production. Episodes include more cast members so I get to see my faves on screen more often. That is ONE good thing that is happening on this soap. So I hope this practice continues so that the soap does evolve into great entertainment once again.

Modified 3 times(s), last time at: 2014/02/14 03:52PM
    #4   2014/02/14 11:08PM
    PurrrrrrrKitty

I'm thrilled about the news.. but beyond thrilled that the departure of the 2 actors and their fans throwing a fit did not disrupt the show... it proves to me, the show WILL GO ON.

I am once again, more than ready to watch it again.. I had stopped for a very brief time, because I was sooo sick of the antics that were being conducted....and it faded into my own desire to watch..I am not alone in these feelings.. sooo many of us have sat back and watched with disgust as fans tried to control the destiny of this Soap.. with NOOOOO thought of how many love this soap.. how many have watched it for decades.. will continue to watch it.. no matter who leaves.

We understand the soap genre, we love the soap genre. and we don't have a silly fit over actors coming and going. that has also been done for decades.

I want to repeat.. FANTASTIC!!!! NEWS..

#5   2014/02/15 10:29AM
    MsSuperSuds

I almost never associate that February is Black History month with soaps & especially not w/ Y&R; but I did wonder why all the AA cast members are visible on the show right now. Voila! Its Black History month! New EP & new HW team! New policies! What a way to acknowledge the month, to showcase the actors, to renew the numbers of viewers, and to keep up the ratings. Good move for both AMD and JFP! I just hope this move is not temporary and that the inclusion of ALL the cast members continue throughout the run of the show.

#6   2014/02/15 02:58PM
    On a Clear Day

The ratings for all the soaps have been unusually high for 2 weeks so they were all bound to dip a little as they cannot keep up that pace. Although the ratings are still good and higher than they were last year, Y&R actually lost 18% of it's total households viewing the show in the week after BM & MM left as compared to the week prior.

In comparison, B&B only went down 10% in total households (to be expected as they got really high numbers the week prior when they featured a popular new love all week), GH lost much less than that, and DOOL increased it's total households watching.

Y&R did take a big hit in the week following BM and MM's departure. Losing 18% of viewing households from one week to the next is unusual and not to be ignored. This is not to say BM & MM are the sole reason for the big decrease in overall viewers however, but it could be part of it. The lack of romance, and too many insignificant, weird, or boring storylines, as well as a several months long depressing undercurrent on the show, and stalled or nonsensical storylines continues.

Y&R has loyal viewers who will not easily delete the show from the dvr even if they have to FF much of it or pray it will sometime soon improve. That, along with the show giving face time to almost all the characters has helped keep some people tuned in.

#7   2014/02/15 07:25PM
    PurrrrrrrKitty

Loyal viewers?? You got that right..Most of us have watched this Soap for decades.. long enough to have seen more than one bad story line and more than one bad cast
    character.. but for the most part, it is cut above the other Soaps. We also know that since Bill Belle left, the show would NEVER be the same again.. but it is still better
    than other soaps.

Yesss, me and many others stopped watching the last week of BM and MM's scenes.. we were sick of hearing about them.. but I am sure many added viewers watched to see what was
    causing sooooo much noise.

If we can hang in there through 5 years of crap writing from MAB .. when can hang through almost anything.. other than that last week.... and the hysteria of two actors leaving..

JFP was handed a bowl of pure crap.. where characters had been changed beyond recognition...Sharon married to Victor??.. Sharon from the basic sweet girl to the town slu&&t.. she removed Nick's brains and gave them
    allllll to Adam, her pet.. but, then she wrote Adam into a corner and made him a physo villain... beyond redemption.. Oh, she wasn't happy, she put Sharon and Adam together for a romantic couple?? Hog Wash is what she wrote.. She almost
    destroyed this wonderful soap.. with her delusion of being a writer..

JFP continues to get the title of "soap killer".. but not MAB?? All I have heard about JFP is disgruntled actors complaining about being let go.. bla bla bla.. Not being familiar with any of those Soaps, I cannot and will not believe she did the damage that MAB did to Y&R..

Hopefully, things have settled down.. and we can get back to a normal Y&R.. warts and all.

#8   2014/02/15 07:29PM
    PurrrrrrrKitty

I forgot to add, with loyal viewers finally returning.. maybe some of that 18 pecent will return..

#9   2014/02/15 08:00PM
    ajsp35801

Quote MsSuperSuds: I almost never associate that February is Black History month with soaps & especially not w/ Y&R; but I did wonder why all the AA cast members are visible on the show right now. Voila! Its Black History month! New EP & new HW team! New policies! What a way to acknowledge the month, to showcase the actors, to renew the numbers of viewers, and to keep up the ratings. Good move for both AMD and JFP! I just hope this move is not temporary and that the inclusion of ALL the cast members continue throughout the run of the show.

I hope this is not the reason that they are showing the AA characters just because I hope the end of the month doesn't mean that they go on back burner the rest of the year. I just hope that the new PTB see what capable actors/actresses and engaging characters that they portray and want to write for them. Hopefully this is not wishful thinking on my part.

#10   2014/02/15 09:27PM
    PurrrrrrrKitty

Quote ajsp35801:
    Quote MsSuperSuds: I almost never associate that February is Black History month with soaps & especially not w/ Y&R; but I did wonder why all the AA cast members are visible on the show right now. Voila! Its Black History month! New EP & new HW team! New policies! What a way to acknowledge the month, to showcase the actors, to renew the numbers of viewers, and to keep up the ratings. Good move for both AMD and JFP! I just hope this move is not temporary and that the inclusion of ALL the cast members continue throughout the run of the show.

I hope this is not the reason that they are showing the AA characters just because I hope the end of the month doesn't mean that they go on back burner the rest of the year. I just hope that the new PTB see what capable actors/actresses and engaging characters that they portray and want to write for them. Hopefully this is not wishful thinking on my part.

Time will tell won't it?? but I hope the AA actors will continue get compelling story lines..

1 2 3 4 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list