List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

The Young and the Restless - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: The Young and the Restless Forum :: What purpose do Abby/Tyler & Lilly/Cane serve?

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

What purpose do Abby/Tyler & Lilly/Cane serve?

Started by 60schick at 2014/02/13 06:01AM
    Latest post: 2014/02/18 02:27PM, Views: 2870, Replies: 53
    « 1 2 3 4 5 6 » »| page:
    #31   2014/02/15 11:25AM
    Re: What purpose do Abby/Tyler & Lilly/Cane serve?
    60schick

WHOA. Where did this come from? My "topic" post was and is purely based on the FICITIONAL CHARACTERS and the role they are acting out. In no way is it meant to be racist. I, myself, am one half of a racial couple. So do not imply that I am a racist. How do you know that I'm not blind and "see" the show with enhanced audio. How would I know the color of the people acting the parts of Cane/Lilly or Abby/Tyler. How do you know that someone else isn't typing this for me?

My post is an observation of the characters and the role they PLAY in this SOAP OPERA. No more, no less.

With the permission of ADMIN, please remove this thread in it's entirety.

#32   2014/02/15 05:18PM
    kc123

Quote Rebel556: Cane and Lily, multi racial? she is about as black as snow.hire a real African American. She looks like an Arabian princess. People don't hate them because they are a mixed couple, people hate them because they are BORING. Too bad for Daniel Goddard that they brought him back. We loved him when he got shot. I blame the writers.

I actually think it's funny (and ridiculous) that some think that there is a particular way of looking black, considering black folks all come in different shades and hues. CK looks more East African i.e. Ethiopian, Eritrean- translation: black- to me than an "Arabian princess". I'm sure CK's black mother and black grandmother would chuckle at the fact that some think CK isn't "really" black. *rolls eyes*
    I think it's hilarious since ...Victoria Rowell's mother is white, so is Shemar Moore's, Kristoff St. John's and Bryton's.
    Looking at CK, no way would I think she's white or even Arab. Mixed, definitely. But, let's put it this way... she couldn't play Chelsea, Chloe, Victoria or any white character on the show.
    BTW, What exactly is an Arabian princess?

Modified 2 times(s), last time at: 2014/02/15 05:26PM
    #33   2014/02/15 05:24PM
    kc123

Quote 60schick: WHOA. Where did this come from? My "topic" post was and is purely based on the FICITIONAL CHARACTERS and the role they are acting out. In no way is it meant to be racist. I, myself, am one half of a racial couple. So do not imply that I am a racist. How do you know that I'm not blind and "see" the show with enhanced audio. How would I know the color of the people acting the parts of Cane/Lilly or Abby/Tyler. How do you know that someone else isn't typing this for me?

My post is an observation of the characters and the role they PLAY in this SOAP OPERA. No more, no less.

not calling you racist, I was just making an observation that of ALL the couples that were called boring, it's the only two interracial ones.
    I do not like Tyler and Abby, by the way, but I do love Lane. I just found it strange that with so many dull couples on this show, that THESE two are the ones being picked on.
    I personally wanna poke my eyes out whenever dull Avery and Dylan are on , or Kevin and Chloe, Billy and Victoria, Adam and Chelsea etc.

#34   2014/02/15 05:57PM
    RaineyB

Quote 60schick: WHOA. Where did this come from? My "topic" post was and is purely based on the FICITIONAL CHARACTERS and the role they are acting out. In no way is it meant to be racist. I, myself, am one half of a racial couple. So do not imply that I am a racist. How do you know that I'm not blind and "see" the show with enhanced audio. How would I know the color of the people acting the parts of Cane/Lilly or Abby/Tyler. How do you know that someone else isn't typing this for me?

OH PLEASE! Don’t pretend you didn’t know what you were doing. It just makes you sound stupid. And, for the record, I don’t like Tabby either, and I too, am ½ of an interracial couple, so I don’t take issue with the FICTITIONAL PROTRAILS of the only IR couples on the show, my problem is with the INCITING caviler attitudes of calling out the only (2) couples of GC’s FICTIONAL society when there is a myriad of examples of dysfunctional relationships from which to choose. Perhaps if you’d perform an internal evaluation of (REAL VS REEL) self-loathing in your interpersonal life, you wouldn’t have found the need to call out the only couples for which you could identify. My problem with your post and the admin’s PUBLIC admonishment is all about the PRINCIPLE of the issue.
    You knew EXACTLY what you were doing and ADMIN, advocated your narrow minded opinion, as they always do in these circumstances, but, please, ADMIN, by all means, remove it, because it is insulting in all its forms!

#35   2014/02/15 06:27PM
    zoltan

I feel bad for new Abby because we all liked the previous actress so much. It's really hard to replace such a popular actor.

#36   2014/02/15 06:29PM
    rancher

All I ever hear from Cane is compliments to Lily. All he ever does is touch her.

All I see from Lily is wearing inappropriate clothing.

Their twins are obnoxious.

Abby is boring, just boring. She has no charm or personality and is as exciting as a noodle.

Tyler is trash and is conning Abby. He is in cahoots with Mariah.

These 6 people are taking up space and drawing a salary; however, they do nothing to help the show.

Tyler is trash, just trash. That is all I have to say.

#37   2014/02/15 06:39PM
    Soapbaby71

NONE! And, NONE OF THEM CAN ACT! Maybe Colin should rub out ALL of them!

#38   2014/02/15 08:13PM
    ajsp35801

Awe...after the last year that we had, are people still going around wishing characters off the show. I know you may think that your fave is oh so important to the canvas and story and they are untouchable. Last year should have proven you wrong. Just as you are wishing these characters gone, your fave might just be next. Be careful what you put out there. May all the Phyllis/MS, Billy/BM, and Adam/MM fans testify. LOL.

#39   2014/02/15 10:19PM
    Sunnyflower

They are a complete waste of space. Time to clean house.

#40   2014/02/15 11:11PM
    Rebel556

Quote kc123:
    Quote Rebel556: Cane and Lily, multi racial? she is about as black as snow.hire a real African American. She looks like an Arabian princess. People don't hate them because they are a mixed couple, people hate them because they are BORING. Too bad for Daniel Goddard that they brought him back. We loved him when he got shot. I blame the writers.

I actually think it's funny (and ridiculous) that some think that there is a particular way of looking black, considering black folks all come in different shades and hues. CK looks more East African i.e. Ethiopian, Eritrean- translation: black- to me than an "Arabian princess". I'm sure CK's black mother and black grandmother would chuckle at the fact that some think CK isn't "really" black. *rolls eyes*
    I think it's hilarious since ...Victoria Rowell's mother is white, so is Shemar Moore's, Kristoff St. John's and Bryton's.
    Looking at CK, no way would I think she's white or even Arab. Mixed, definitely. But, let's put it this way... she couldn't play Chelsea, Chloe, Victoria or any white character on the show.
    BTW, What exactly is an Arabian princess?

I couldn't remember The name of the Disney character from "Alladin" Princess jasmine. That is what I meant by an Arabian princess. To quote Rodney King, " why can't we all just get along?"
    Get over yourself. her father is Pakistani. I don't see Pakistani's griping about my comment.

« 1 2 3 4 5 6 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list