List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

The Young and the Restless - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: The Young and the Restless Forum :: What purpose do Abby/Tyler & Lilly/Cane serve?

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

What purpose do Abby/Tyler & Lilly/Cane serve?

Started by 60schick at 2014/02/13 06:01AM
    Latest post: 2014/02/18 02:27PM, Views: 2805, Replies: 53
    1 2 3 4 5 6 » »| page:
    #1   2014/02/13 06:01AM
    What purpose do Abby/Tyler & Lilly/Cane serve?
    60schick

:~Can someone tell me what purpose these two couples serve?

Abby/Tyler: giggles and checking out beds. Is that it? The mysterious Myriah story line is too slow coming forward.

Lilly/Cane: more giggles and surprises that lead to "did I tell you how beautiful you are" .... giggle, giggle, giggle

Really? Do we need these 2 couples on this already sinking ship?

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2014/02/13 06:04AM
    #2   2014/02/13 07:36AM
    Re: What purpose do Abby/Tyler & Lilly/Cane serve?
    focus2

No,they are not needed.They are boring and serve no purpose.

#3   2014/02/13 07:42AM
    Sunnyflower

None at all. They should all vacate GC.

#4   2014/02/13 08:41AM
    CountyWaterford

Quote 60schick: Can someone tell me what purpose these two couples serve?

Abby/Tyler: giggles and checking out beds. Is that it? The mysterious Myriah story line is too slow coming forward.

Lilly/Cane: more giggles and surprises that lead to "did I tell you how beautiful you are" .... giggle, giggle, giggle

NONE! Absolutely none, they have stayed in bed, on the floor, in the coffee shoppe, in a hotel room, in a bar/restaurant for the past year and never working! Finally, Cane and his able have gotten a job in a field neither knows a thing about, she does not dress job appropriate for and the four are sickening. Shame on "executives and writers" for convincing themselves the fans are stupid - we are not! They believe it though...I swear Cane said happy second anniversary yesterday, my grand confirmed it - but they have school age twins! And one more rant, Nikki is "hosting" the party. It is being held at Cane and his ables place of employment. I know she is on the foundation board, but Nikki talked for a month plus of "hosting a gala in the memory of..." I find many others totally un-necessary on the show now and many of the past actors desperately needed. Totally not buying DT as the new Billy - Victoria looks like his mother!

#5   2014/02/13 09:20AM
    RaineyB

If they serve no other purpose than to irritate people like you, I'm glad they're here.

This post is against guidelines. Please see your email.

Admin.

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2014/02/14 07:24AM
    #6   2014/02/13 09:24AM
    frostysmygirl

I am not that crazy about nuabby and tyler but Abby is an Abbott and has deep roots to the show. So does Lily and she has children with Cane. So i would not want to see none of these characters go. I have always loved Lily i was the biggest Dru/winters family fan at one time ever.

#7   2014/02/13 09:52AM
    Jainay

They serve the same purpose as the other actors on the show.If the ship sink let them be on the ship.Just make sure you are on board.

This post is against guidelines. Please see your email.

Admin.

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2014/02/14 07:25AM
    #8   2014/02/13 09:59AM
    Skyemichelle

Their purpose is being served as Drew's family whom I believe will show back up one day whether it be the original Drew or a replacement. Either way...bring back Drew!!!!!!

#9   2014/02/13 10:22AM
    60schick

@Jainay: why the nasty comment?

I agree that the "characters" have deep roots within the various families in the show, but they do not have any storylines of interest or significance. Therefore my question as to their value (or not) to the show.

Abby's storyline, before this new one, had some storyline, albeit weak. It was funny sometimes. But since the writers appear to be revamping the characters, there is no storyline for these couples -- there is no "value added" with or without them. And let's face it, they are "fill in's". The acting is mediocre at best. One giggles very well, on cue or not; and the other is a robot, handsome, but a robot.

The Lilly/Cane storylines used to be interesting, with the cancer and surrogate; however this last year there is no value to this couple. It's obvious these two are able to ACT but are not given the chance to.

Hence my question: does the show really need these 2 couples?

And no need for nasties, please.

#10   2014/02/13 10:30AM
    PhillieGirl

Quote CountyWaterford:
    Quote 60schick: Can someone tell me what purpose these two couples serve?

NONE! Absolutely none, they have stayed in bed, on the floor, in the coffee shoppe, in a hotel room, in a bar/restaurant for the past year and never working! Finally, Cane and his able have gotten a job in a field neither knows a thing about, she does not dress job appropriate for and the four are sickening. Shame on "executives and writers" for convincing themselves the fans are stupid - we are not! They believe it though...I swear Cane said happy second anniversary yesterday, my grand confirmed it - but they have school age twins! And one more rant, Nikki is "hosting" the party. It is being held at Cane and his ables place of employment. I know she is on the foundation board, but Nikki talked for a month plus of "hosting a gala in the memory of..." I find many others totally un-necessary on the show now and many of the past actors desperately needed. Totally not buying DT as the new Billy - Victoria looks like his mother!

There is not one darn reason for Lily & Cane (the over righteous bastar-) and Abby & Tyler. They are both boring and I guess they are put on the canvas to reach the dull minded younger crowd that follow sex, no talent and just plain uggggg. Lily & Cane are no super couple and they are bot the new power couple.

1 2 3 4 5 6 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list