List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

The Young and the Restless - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: The Young and the Restless Forum :: Firing Adam Newman

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

CLOSED: Firing Adam Newman

Started by mariamic911 at 2014/02/11 10:15AM
    Latest post: 2014/02/11 11:03AM, Views: 675, Replies: 8
    page:
    #1   2014/02/11 10:15AM
    Firing Adam Newman
    mariamic911

This was one of the worse things that has been done, the actor that played Adam Newman was hands down the best actor on the whole show. Bringing Steve burton to the show was a waste of time, I loved him on GH but this role is absolutely boring !!!!!!

#2   2014/02/11 10:15AM
    Re: Firing Adam Newman
    njay

Amen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#3   2014/02/11 10:31AM
    Joy T

ITA with this post!

If he did the naughty thing that he was accused of doing, why not just expel him for 2 or 3 months without pay and tell him that if it ever happens again, then there will be no second chance.

If HK didn't want to work with him, they could have easily not had scenes together.

What is the problem with giving a person a second chance?

#4   2014/02/11 10:39AM
    trinilisa

Quote Joy T: ITA with this post!

If he did the naughty thing that he was accused of doing, why not just expel him for 2 or 3 months without pay and tell him that if it ever happens again, then there will be no second chance.

If HK didn't want to work with him, they could have easily not had scenes together.

What is the problem with giving a person a second chance?

If the eledged incident occurred, he was given a second chance because the article said he did it twice. So he apparently did get a second chance...

#5   2014/02/11 10:41AM
    chillepepper

Don't know if MM did what he was accused of or not,if HK says he did,then my first question was why not go to the real cops first. It's suppose to be Innocent until proven guilty. MM did state he was to blame fo rgetting canned.so who the he!! knows what happened. I neven notice where the two characters of Adam and Summer were working together that much in the first place. It seems strange that a family man with his own daughter would do such a thing, not saying they wouldn't. I found that Adam wasn't as interesting a character as he used to be at first. He had a lot of funny lines at times,he delivered them so well. JMO

#6   2014/02/11 10:49AM
    trinilisa

Quote chillepepper: Don't know if MM did what he was accused of or not,if HK says he did,then my first question was why not go to the real cops first. It's suppose to be Innocent until proven guilty. MM did state he was to blame fo rgetting canned.so who the he!! knows what happened. I neven notice where the two characters of Adam and Summer were working together that much in the first place. It seems strange that a family man with his own daughter would do such a thing, not saying they wouldn't. I found that Adam wasn't as interesting a character as he used to be at first. He had a lot of funny lines at times,he delivered them so well. JMO

Everyone is entitled to his/her own opinion, so I'm not here to attack yours. I will say this, though;
    I know someone who has three daughters (and now a granddaughter) and I know for a absolute fact that he has done it so personally I don't find it strange.

#7   2014/02/11 10:53AM
    Licorice_423

He admitted it was his own fault for getting fired. What was the entire reasoning behind it, we will probably never know.

It seems Hollywood is more forgiving regarding sexual harassment type situations. If HK went to her boss (whoever that is) and complained, they might have told her they would talk to him and to let it go. If what happened is true and it happened a second time, she might have threatened to take action if nothing was done, so they fired him.

Being a family man and have kids really doesn't matter. I'm sure we all know someone either closely or distantly who has had a spouse cheat on them when they had a family. Having a family doesn't automatically mean you don't do something stupid. Bill Clinton? JFK? I'm sure there are others.

If he was difficult to work with which has been reported, that may hold him back from future work more than the sexual harassment claims. He doesn't have the clout yet to have earned the right to be difficult yet still keep a job, especially if he was fired from Veronica Mars for being difficult.

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2014/02/11 10:54AM
    #8   2014/02/11 11:00AM
    chillepepper

Quote trinilisa:
    Quote chillepepper: Don't know if MM did what he was accused of or not,if HK says he did,then my first question was why not go to the real cops first. It's suppose to be Innocent until proven guilty. MM did state he was to blame fo rgetting canned.so who the he!! knows what happened. I neven notice where the two characters of Adam and Summer were working together that much in the first place. It seems strange that a family man with his own daughter would do such a thing, not saying they wouldn't. I found that Adam wasn't as interesting a character as he used to be at first. He had a lot of funny lines at times,he delivered them so well. JMO

Everyone is entitled to his/her own opinion, so I'm not here to attack yours. I will say this, though;
    I know someone who has three daughters (and now a granddaughter) and I know for a absolute fact that he has done it so personally I don't find it strange.

I don't find you attacked my opinion,and I didn't say they wouldn't do it ,it is possible he did ,just wondered why she didn't report him? Although again she might have reported him,or was afaid she would loose her job, if he did this he deserves to lose his job,I would never condone this kind of behavior. JMO

#9   2014/02/11 11:03AM
    Feliciena

We will never know what really happened but I've moved on. Now I'm anxious to see who will be his recast. I hope we don't have to wait too long. I do wish HK & MM the best but I've lived long enough to not believe everything I hear or read from either side.

page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list