List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

The Young and the Restless - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: The Young and the Restless Forum :: ****Proper way to quote another poster.****

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

****Proper way to quote another poster.****

Started by Soaps Admin at 2014/01/30 12:53PM
    Latest post: 2014/02/18 11:08AM, Views: 1619, Replies: 24
    « 1 2 3 » »| page:
    #11   2014/01/31 03:53AM
    Re: ****Proper way to quote another poster.****
    BobbiSox

[quote]Quote FL senior fan: [quote]Quote 1Elvis: bump

quote the last person's post, not the 5 or 6 past posts[/quote]

I'm not 'puter savvy. How on earth do you do that? Only way I can think of is to click on POST A MESSAGE and then paste the poster that you want to quote, along with the quote. Is there another way to do it?

#12   2014/01/31 04:21AM
    Sinny

[quote]Quote BobbiSox: [quote]Quote FL senior fan: [quote]Quote 1Elvis: bump

quote the last person's post, not the 5 or 6 past posts[/quote]

I'm not 'puter savvy. How on earth do you do that? Only way I can think of is to click on POST A MESSAGE and then paste the poster that you want to quote, along with the quote. Is there another way to do it?[/quote]

What you need to do is go into the post and delete the other quotes.. I usually try to delete the ones right after the one I am quoting.

#13   2014/01/31 04:25AM
    Lizzytish

Explanation please? I've also thought it was ridiculous to see a half dozen posts requited before seeing the response, but I still don't understand how to do that.

If I want to respond to the 6th post, I choose "reply with quote" and the system automatically recopies all of the preceeding posts.

I need some more 'splainin', please?

#14   2014/01/31 06:59AM
    Sinny

Quote Lizzytish: Explanation please? I've also thought it was ridiculous to see a half dozen posts requited before seeing the response, but I still don't understand how to do that.

If I want to respond to the 6th post, I choose "reply with quote" and the system automatically recopies all of the preceeding posts.

you have to go to the first quote and leave it but delete everyone else's post that you do not want.

#15   2014/01/31 07:03AM
    Homesick Cajun

Quote Sinny:
    Quote Lizzytish: Explanation please? I've also thought it was ridiculous to see a half dozen posts requited before seeing the response, but I still don't understand how to do that.

you have to go to the first quote and leave it but delete everyone else's post that you do not want.

But, what if you don't want the first post you only want to respond to the last person that posted in a particular quote. Do you have to delete everything but that?

I agree with whoever said limit it to a certain number deep. That would stop the really really really long ones.

#16   2014/01/31 07:05AM
    Sinny

Quote Homesick Cajun:
    Quote Sinny:

But, what if you don't want the first post you only want to respond to the last person that posted in a particular quote. Do you have to delete everything but that?

I agree with whoever said limit it to a certain number deep. That would stop the really really really long ones.

it is easier if you find the post that you want to respond otherwise it is not as easy to fix

#17   2014/01/31 07:08AM
    Homesick Cajun

Quote Sinny:
    Quote Homesick Cajun:
    Quote Sinny:

it is easier if you find the post that you want to respond otherwise it is not as easy to fix

Ok, well I'm still confused, but nothing new there right!

#18   2014/01/31 07:11AM
    pocketvenus

What you need to do is go into the post and delete the other quotes.. I usually try to delete the ones right after the one I am quoting.[/quote]

like this?

This isn't right-it looks like i am the only one posting here-- ??

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2014/01/31 07:15AM
    #19   2014/01/31 07:13AM
    pocketvenus

[quote]Quote Homesick Cajun: [quote]Quote Sinny: [quote]Quote Homesick Cajun: [quote]Quote Sinny: [quote]Quote Lizzytish: Explanation please? I've also thought it was ridiculous to see a half dozen posts requited before seeing the response, but I still don't understand how to do that.

Me too...I'm experimenting here..

#20   2014/01/31 07:36AM
    lvsdasnow

What I try to do is to go to the original post, then hit the reply.
    That way, you are posting only to the person that posted what you want to respond to.
    Easiest way for me.
    I have been very guilty of posting after two or three post.
    I promise to do better.

« 1 2 3 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list