List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

The Young and the Restless - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: The Young and the Restless Forum :: How about Tom Pelphrey as a re-cast Adam Newman?

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

How about Tom Pelphrey as a re-cast Adam Newman?

Started by Axl Rose at 2014/01/16 07:32AM
    Latest post: 2014/12/16 04:44PM, Views: 6103, Replies: 22
    1 2 3 » »| page:
    #1   2014/01/16 07:32AM
    How about Tom Pelphrey as a re-cast Adam Newman?
    Axl Rose

If anything since they plan on re-casting the character of Adam Newman since they said that they were recasting the role in like 6 months then why not re-cast with Tom Pelphrey?

He played Jonathan Randall on Guiding Light and then he was on As The World Turns as Mick Dante/James Stenbeck so why not have him play Adam?

If anyone could replace MM it is definitely Tom Pelphrey

Google him and you will see why or if you have watched him on Guiding Light or even on ATWT then he could step into MM's shoes making the role his own

#2   2014/01/16 08:07AM
    Re: How about Tom Pelphrey as a re-cast Adam Newman?
    MeredithSR

Adam is not replaceable. Whatever happened behind the set is the fault of the executive producer and Sony. They weren't managing correctly so lets blame it all on MM You fired you the best actor on soap television. I am 45 now and have been watching YR since I was a little girl. The long time characters on the show don't bring anything new to the table. MM was an exceptional actor and it intimidate everyone. He wanted to bring the old timers and YR to a new level. Instead the rest of the actors backed up management because they are sacred for their livelihood. The sexual harassment thing is just a little too coincidental. Ive experienced a lot of jealously in my life time where others will do whatever it takes to sabotage you because they see you as a threat. I can't watch YR after Jan 30th MM last taping because the direction and decision to move forward without MM and not working on a resolution. Regardless of who likes or doesn't like who as a person is not the point. He was getting paid to do a job and he did it better than anyone else on the show. YR & Sony will regret this decision forever. The soap will go bye bye. MM will be somewhere else and myself and the rest of his fans will follow. Talent is in MM's blood.

#3   2014/01/16 08:30AM
    Sudsy Sue

Quote MeredithSR: Adam is not replaceable. Whatever happened behind the set is the fault of the executive producer and Sony. They weren't managing correctly so lets blame it all on MM You fired you the best actor on soap television. I am 45 now and have been watching YR since I was a little girl. The long time characters on the show don't bring anything new to the table. MM was an exceptional actor and it intimidate everyone. He wanted to bring the old timers and YR to a new level. Instead the rest of the actors backed up management because they are sacred for their livelihood. The sexual harassment thing is just a little too coincidental. Ive experienced a lot of jealously in my life time where others will do whatever it takes to sabotage you because they see you as a threat. I can't watch YR after Jan 30th MM last taping because the direction and decision to move forward without MM and not working on a resolution. Regardless of who likes or doesn't like who as a person is not the point. He was getting paid to do a job and he did it better than anyone else on the show. YR & Sony will regret this decision forever. The soap will go bye bye. MM will be somewhere else and myself and the rest of his fans will follow. Talent is in MM's blood.

Love your post. It's spot on!

#4   2014/01/16 08:43AM
    GGC7

Quote Axl Rose: If anything since they plan on re-casting the character of Adam Newman since they said that they were recasting the role in like 6 months then why not re-cast with Tom Pelphrey?

He played Jonathan Randall on Guiding Light and then he was on As The World Turns as Mick Dante/James Stenbeck so why not have him play Adam?

Google him and you will see why or if you have watched him on Guiding Light or even on ATWT then he could step into MM's shoes making the role his own

OK You are correct. Tom Pelphrey can do the job but he would be a fool to step into this big messy pile of drama. He is too talented for this.

#5   2014/01/16 09:16AM
    ecantor

I think Adam is going to die. If the role hasn't already been recast, then Adam has to die. Unless he is going to be in a coma for 3 to 6 months, then he is going to die.

#6   2014/01/16 11:34AM
    vikis3

TP was great as Jonathan on GL

#7   2014/01/16 11:39AM
    Axl Rose

Quote vikis3: TP was great as Jonathan on GL

And he would be great as Adam Newman too

#8   2014/01/16 11:44AM
    dreamer371

Quote Axl Rose: If anything since they plan on re-casting the character of Adam Newman since they said that they were recasting the role in like 6 months then why not re-cast with Tom Pelphrey?

hmmm, I left in Dec due to the erosion of talent, then the decision was reinforced with the horrific handling of the situation and the way actors were destroyed with zero information. I really enjoy TP as an actor and would hate to have him dropped into that mess that is currently occurring.

#9   2014/01/16 11:48AM
    calliope

TP is good but I thought theater was his love and that he really didn't want to do soap. He is perfect for theater.

#10   2014/01/16 11:51AM
    sonny6

Quote MeredithSR: Adam is not replaceable. Whatever happened behind the set is the fault of the executive producer and Sony. They weren't managing correctly so lets blame it all on MM You fired you the best actor on soap television. I am 45 now and have been watching YR since I was a little girl. The long time characters on the show don't bring anything new to the table. MM was an exceptional actor and it intimidate everyone. He wanted to bring the old timers and YR to a new level. Instead the rest of the actors backed up management because they are sacred for their livelihood. The sexual harassment thing is just a little too coincidental. Ive experienced a lot of jealously in my life time where others will do whatever it takes to sabotage you because they see you as a threat. I can't watch YR after Jan 30th MM last taping because the direction and decision to move forward without MM and not working on a resolution. Regardless of who likes or doesn't like who as a person is not the point. He was getting paid to do a job and he did it better than anyone else on the show. YR & Sony will regret this decision forever. The soap will go bye bye. MM will be somewhere else and myself and the rest of his fans will follow. Talent is in MM's blood.

I am with you all the way.. great post...

1 2 3 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list