List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

The Young and the Restless - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: The Young and the Restless Forum :: WHAT IS GOING TO HAPPEN WITH THIS STRIKE

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

WHAT IS GOING TO HAPPEN WITH THIS STRIKE

Started by dannysgirl at 2007/11/05 06:11AM
    Latest post: 2007/11/05 03:22PM, Views: 1087, Replies: 21
    1 2 3 » »| page:
    #1   2007/11/05 06:11AM
    WHAT IS GOING TO HAPPEN WITH THIS STRIKE
    dannysgirl

Ok all i want to know what is going to happen with this writers strike. I heard on the news the first causualty of this will be the soaps and the late night talk shows. And now that is official does this mean they are not writing at all or what? I have also heard that they might start showing re-runs like classic episodes and stuff like that.

#2   2007/11/05 06:37AM
    Re: WHAT IS GOING TO HAPPEN WITH THIS STRIKE
    StaceyT

I dont know what is going to happen, but I would bet (If I was a betting kind of gal ) that it will be over soon enough, I'm sure its not the first strike, and wont be the last. Maybe it will give new writers time to shine, who knows;):)

#3   2007/11/05 08:14AM
    SadieLadie

The news just said that soaps have enough work "in the can" to last into February. I'm sure the strike will be over long before then. The last time writers went on strike was in 1988. I can't remember how long that one lasted. Anyway, late night talk shows will start their reruns tonight (along with day-time talk), but the soaps are good 'till February.

#4   2007/11/05 08:21AM
    zzyzx

I remember the last strike and we were treated to some GREAT old episodes, but that was a long strike, and apparently this time they have it covered for a few months, so we won't probably get to see the vintage stuff.

#5   2007/11/05 08:24AM
    funandthensum

It said in the news room on this board that PASSIONS is the only soap that has scripts til FEBRUARY.... All the others will run out way before that.... The producers once wrote their own scripts....and they may be doing that again if it isn't settled.... OR we may be watching reruns...

AGAIN, Passions is the only SOAP that has episodes written til February....

#6   2007/11/05 08:41AM
    SadieLadie

Quote funandthensum: It said in the news room on this board that PASSIONS is the only soap that has scripts til FEBRUARY.... All the others will run out way before that.... The producers once wrote their own scripts....and they may be doing that again if it isn't settled.... OR we may be watching reruns...

AGAIN, Passions is the only SOAP that has episodes written til February....

Just quoting what I heard on the news. Don't shoot the messenger.

#7   2007/11/05 08:56AM
    Mary-Elizabeth

Quote dannysgirl: Ok all i want to know what is going to happen with this writers strike. I heard on the news the first causualty of this will be the soaps and the late night talk shows. And now that is official does this mean they are not writing at all or what? I have also heard that they might start showing re-runs like classic episodes and stuff like that.

Please in the future do not post in all caps in the subject line of a thread, its against our guidelines.

Thanks!
    Mary-Elizabeth Gilbert (Mary)
    Y&R Editor

#8   2007/11/05 09:24AM
    SouthernLady

the last strike lasted 5 months i read....

regarding LML ..since she is EP and head writer...read article also that producers that also write...can produce..but not write....

I tend to think that this strike might go for a while unless the producers give in to some of the demands..

...from articles i have read the writers are very determined....

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2007/11/05 09:25AM
    #9   2007/11/05 09:32AM
    SndrElkins

Quote StaceyT: I dont know what is going to happen, but I would bet (If I was a betting kind of gal ) that it will be over soon enough, I'm sure its not the first strike, and wont be the last. Maybe it will give new writers time to shine, who knows;):)

I agree.They will get things worked out.No this is not the first strike.

#10   2007/11/05 10:31AM
    KeepingItReal

I'm gonna start some of my Xmas shopping, catch up on some good reading and watch some good "reruns".

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2007/11/05 10:31AM
    1 2 3 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list